5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: After This?

After This?

Hey guys,

I'm running a campaign (5e) and I wanted to ask for a little advice.

I am running Legacy of the Crystal Shard (levels 1 to 3 (or 4)) and i'm kinda of planning ahead but i'm curious, what is a good adventure to roll right into after this with the same characters. I am not sure what works for a smooth transition and meets the level requirements. Does anyone have any experience with this and would care to share some advice?

DmDomination

I don't think there is anything which smoothly transitions from this one. Most of the official adventures start characters at level 1 with some having the option of starting at level 5. There are a few small adventures in the store for 5e some of which might be suitable to add a level to your characters and you could then have a look at Curse of Strahd, Out of the Abyss, or Storm King's Thunder all of which can be started at level 4-5.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah, yes damned you could indeed use that as a starting point for the Legendary Planet series.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have looked at the legendary planet series but I have been leary due to concerns about how technology may render existing characters pointless. Does anyone have any experience with the legendary planet setting who could answer a few questions?

Blog Entries
    PotA actually starts at something like 3rd or 4th, but has some entry stuff in case characters are starting at 1st. My party went from LMoP to PotA, which fits really nicely. But not familiar with LoCS, but...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    SKT actually has a section talking about starting it with characters from other modules, doesn't it?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    SKT actually has a section talking about starting it with characters from other modules, doesn't it?
    Yes, but not from Legacy. I think Legacy was originally written for D&D Next - but I could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMdomination View Post
    I have looked at the legendary planet series but I have been leary due to concerns about how technology may render existing characters pointless. Does anyone have any experience with the legendary planet setting who could answer a few questions?
    No. It doesn't. You can play some new races if you want but the whole point of the series is that the characters start off wherever they are, in whatever setting they are in and 'find' themselves somewhere else. It's all about them finding a way back. Whilst they can come across new 'technology' it's basically just new magic items, and a few new weapons. Ultimately though it's written for standard 5e characters. There's wide scope for quite a bit of RP elements since the characters are basically strangers in the lands they find themselves in.

Blog Entries
    I havent play Legacy of the Crystal Shard either, but i assume it's in Icewind dale. Since you are already in the north, you could start Storm King's Thunder on chapter 2 in Bryn Shander.

Thread Information