STAR TREK 2d20

Rogue Uncanny Dodge

Good Day All
    I am still new to FG and 5E. I am currently playing a rogue that just made 5th level and got Uncanny Dodge. I did try a search but could not find anything covering this.
    Perhaps I am reading too much in to the description but it says that if I can see an attack coming I can use a reaction to receive only half damage. It does not state any specifics to the attack, so is that for all melee, ranged, and magic? If that is the case can I make an effect such as: "Uncanny Dodge: RESIST: all" that ends on the next roll? That I can activate only after the attack roll has been successful?

If it is only for non magic attacks could I make the same effect except make it "Uncanny Dodge: RESIST: slashing, piercing, bludgeoning" that ends on the next roll?

Thanks for any assistance

Blog Entries
    PHB say: "Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you."

It only say an attack so its for all kind of attack, any action melee, range or spell that need an attack rolls to hit you, like Fire bolt but not Sacred Flame. Since its a reaction you can only use it once each turn, so you wouldn't want to waste it on an attack that miss you, which mean you have to call it after you get hit. You could make an effect if you are fast enough to click it between the hit and the damage rolls. In our game the rogue just tell me he's using it and I give him back half the hit points lost.

Thanks SirGraystone
    That is how I thought it worked from the reading, nice to have that confirmed.
    To the best of my knowledge you roll the attack and damage rolls separately for spells (Mind you the group I play with are all new to 5E and FG and only 5th level).
    I assumed that I could call the Uncanny Dodge after the hit was successful but before the damage roll is made so I would have time to click the effect on my Actions tab and it would turn itself off after the damage roll was made.
    I was just trying to make it easier on my DM

Blog Entries
    Did you check out the Complete Rogue thread? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...179#post319179

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's hard to automate this since its a reaction and the rogue gets to choose just which attack to half. I'm like Sir Greystone I just let the rogue tell me after a hit if he wants to half it. If its important I'll ask before the monsters start attacking what he's thinking.
    Last edited by Griogre; September 2nd, 2017 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    It's hard to automate this since its a reaction and the rogue gets to choose just which attack to half. I'm like Sir Greystone I just let the rogue tell me after a hit if he wants to half it. If its important I'll ask before the monsters start attacking what he's thinking.
    Perhaps I am just being naive but if it requires an attack roll, from what I have seen so far, there is a second roll for damage. Again, I am new so I have not seen a lot of how the system works but if I am attacked and decide to use this I just press the effect and then the damage is rolled and applied.

I guess I am just trying to use this in a way that will not work the way I am trying to use it.

Thanks for the inputs all, this forum is awesome that it answers question quickly and respectfully for those of us that are trying to learn

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Did you check out the Complete Rogue thread? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...179#post319179
    I did and downloaded the A Rogue but Uncanny Dodge was not there, I guess that should have been my first indication

Thread Information