5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Homebrew Compendium Question

I am in the process of creating a Forgotten Realms compendium for use in my private game. I'm including every settlement or adventuring area I can find information on; descriptions, NPCs, buildings, organizations etc. I want this to assist me in running a more sandbox style game, where the party can just wander around and stumble into adventures where they find them.

My question is, what would be the easiest method of accomplishing this?

I already use Dulux's awesome Locations and Organizations extensions but I'm beginning to wonder if it might be better to create a standalone module for each location. If I get a butt-ton of information in those extensions, will it bloat my FG to where it runs slower?
    Or might it be easier to use PAR5E and create one module with all the information in it?

What do you fellas think?

Depends on how you are organising it. Obviously you want this in a module so that you can use it in several campaigns so you need a method of creating the module. The easiest is to export from your 'creation campaign'. However you cannot export or create reference text; you'll need to use par5e or XML for that. I think creating a campaign for each area seems a bit excessive unless you are creating massive amounts of text for each area. Looking at what's available in FG already for FR you have the Sword Coast Adventure Guide and Storm King's Thunder. Neither of those go into huge detail into every location - just enough to give you an overview.

I haven't used the locations extension but I assume that this can be exported. If so then it would seem to be the right tool to use.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the tips bud. I think I might just work the "creation campaign" module idea. Seems like the easiest route for me. Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    I suggest you read the attachment on this post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thank you!

Thread Information