5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not thinking of NPC's being built like a PC. Though they can be, they can also just be put together like a monster. Add what's appropriate, no need to worry about any type of class levels.
    To clarify, with SRD information only, or with the core pack (MM, DMG, etc...)?
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan View Post
    We are referring to products that would be sold on the Dungeon Masters Guild site. So, they could use full use of the 5e rules, but would have to abide by the DMsG terms (i.e. FR, Ravenloft, generic setting only, no direct remakes of TSR products, etc.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not thinking of NPC's being built like a PC. Though they can be, they can also just be put together like a monster. Add what's appropriate, no need to worry about any type of class levels.
    Whereas I personally like to build my classed NPCs just as if they were PCs, so full abilities, etc... as much as possible.

Many different ways to do it!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan View Post
    With core pack, and probably with Volo's too if desired.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmkevin View Post
    As a dm, I would love to see a module of traps with descriptive text and how it could be deployed. Also modules for riddles to be used by creatures, and experiences for players (i.e., an experienced and streetsmart market seller, a pickpocket who plants the stolen items on the players and comes back to collect the items later, etc.
    I believe Gwydion has done at least two of these. Basic and Exotic traps. I'm sure others have done some too.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Lord Entrails did a trap module as well, I think. At least some are in the sticky up top. I do think they can be fleshed out a little and then offered for sale on DMS Guild. More people might find them.

The riddle suggestion probably would sell. Raging Swan did 3 PDF of riddles which I converted for personal use. That was really simple, just cut and paste and some extra LF removal. There are other compilations and even books of riddles on Amazon.com.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Lord Entrails did a trap module as well, I think. At least some are in the sticky up top. I do think they can be fleshed out a little and then offered for sale on DMS Guild. More people might find them.
    Yea, don't go look at that *G*. That was one of the very first things I did when I got FG and I'm sure it's not very well done. I'd like to re-do it someday. But... hasn't been high on my list.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Care to expound? Single-session, generic setting, most likely site-based (as event would be harder for the GM to quickly prepare for). What else?
    Yeah single session, could even be based around freely available map content so as to reduce time to generate. Site based, possibly with a sample adventure hook or two. A one or two paragraph succinct summary of what you get out of the content (i.e. useful for a small band of brigands laired in a small cave), including the maximum xp and treasure completion should reasonably provide.

Im thinking about the kind of thing a DM needs when the group follows the overgrown trace path instead of the well traveled road despite knowing they should be staying on the road. Something as little as 4/5 "rooms" and like numbered encounters.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I see many requests for NPC and I have done 11/12 of the character classes and 11/16 of the WoTC "standard" characters and already made them available on DMS Guild (will try and finish a few more this weekend).

When you say NPC, do you mean a full character background written out? Art and special tokens?

For me, my number one and never ending need is good, generic maps that you can run random encounters on. Tha way the players don't get bored with the standard ones.
    Do you have a link?

- John Diefenbaker

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Yeah single session, could even be based around freely available map content so as to reduce time to generate. Site based, possibly with a sample adventure hook or two. A one or two paragraph succinct summary of what you get out of the content (i.e. useful for a small band of brigands laired in a small cave), including the maximum xp and treasure completion should reasonably provide.

Im thinking about the kind of thing a DM needs when the group follows the overgrown trace path instead of the well traveled road despite knowing they should be staying on the road. Something as little as 4/5 "rooms" and like numbered encounters.
    AaW already does this with their Mini Dungeon content, right?
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Thread Information