FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 37 First ... 172526272829 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    So if an interested party who had access to it were to post it here is that considered cool, or would it get pulled?
    We still don't know the full story. But, assuming it was pulled at a request from the copyright holders, and the fact that the original material was not released under an OGL. Then, yes, it would not be cool and would be pulled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    We still don't know the full story. But, assuming it was pulled at a request from the copyright holders, and the fact that the original material was not released under an OGL. Then, yes, it would not be cool and would be pulled.
    So, conversely we don’t know the full story...so if there is no request to pull it, it could live here happily, yes? If I were to post it in good faith tomorrow that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    So, conversely we don’t know the full story...so if there is no request to pull it, it could live here happily, yes? If I were to post it in good faith tomorrow that is.
    No, not at all. As I mentioned, the material is not released under an OGL. Wizards still own the copyright. So, unless you have permission from Wizards to repackage their material and publicly distribute it, then no - it would not live here happily at all.

Please respect all publishers copyright and licensing agreements. If at all in doubt, don't publicly post anything without permission from the original material owners.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    No, not at all. As I mentioned, the material is not released under an OGL. Wizards still own the copyright. So, unless you have permission from Wizards to repackage their material and publicly distribute it, then no - it would not live here happily at all.

Please respect all publishers copyright and licensing agreements. If at all in doubt, don't publicly post anything without permission from the original material owners.
    Which is why I asked instead of posting

Isn't there an official module on the fantasy grounds store now anyway? $1 donation or free with purchase.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knorbet77 View Post
    Isn't there an official module on the fantasy grounds store now anyway? $1 donation or free with purchase.
    Yes, the price is now fixed at $1. Apparently the free with purchase was confusing too many people. But it does not include all of the older UA stuff. I don't know what dates of UA articles it includes and the product description doesn't say.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    The new product at this time will only include material going forward and not the historical material.
    Nickademus (I believe) made the original product that has been pulled.
    To me it read that Doug was hinting that they had requested to be able to publish the older material but at this time that was declined.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The new product at this time will only include material going forward and not the historical material.
    Nickademus (I believe) made the original product that has been pulled.
    To me it read that Doug was hinting that they had requested to be able to publish the older material but at this time that was declined.
    None of the older content can be shared. Even though they were in free PDFs from WotC, there needs to be permission granted for any other distribution. This was never granted and therefore the content is not legal to share on any site or in any form. The only thing that was approved was the latest article and was granted only to us and DND Beyond (probably Roll20) at this time.

Any publisher on DMs Guild needs to also remember that publishing on there prohibits that content from being published anywhere else. In this case it wasn’t new content but a transformation of existing content.

It is very important for us to always abide by legal copyright rules and also to respect the wishes of each of our publishers. The IP and brand are their creations and they have allowed us to use much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It is very important for us to always abide by legal copyright rules and also to respect the wishes of each of our publishers. The IP and brand are their creations and they have allowed us to use much of it.
    You’re not wrong, but in some ways that’s akin to saying that Subaru has allowed me to use the Outback in my garage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    You’re not wrong, but in some ways that’s akin to saying that Subaru has allowed me to use the Outback in my garage.
    It’s more like if they gave you a Suburu bumper sticker at the dealership and then you started printing and giving away your own Suburu stickers, posters and ball caps for free. You could argue that it only promotes the brand, but how they do that is still up to them.

Thread Information