STAR TREK 2d20

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file db.xml - Error on line 672

Anyone know how to fix this? I have tried different backups and it does it with all of them. I am 4 months into a campaign, I can't risk losing everything.

Blog Entries
    Either that line or one of the ones above it has a different element that what is was expecting. Sending you a PM.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Fixed - sort of. He suffered a crash with loss of data leading to improperly closed xml elements.
    Ultimate License Holder

I am having difficulty with the error message. I am unable to find the .xml file that it is asking for. The exact verbage is:
    Database error: a XML parse error occurred process file HighPriestofNethy:db.xml - error on line 7: failed to read element name.

Please help

Blog Entries
    Each campaign you have will have it's own db.xml file. The campaigns are stored in your FG data directory. To find it, launch FG, do not start a campaign. In the top right corner of the launch GUI is a folder icon. Click that, it will open you FG data folder. From there you can go to the campaign causing problems. Make sure to make a copy/backup of the db.xml file before you edit it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by remocarde View Post
    I am having difficulty with the error message. I am unable to find the .xml file that it is asking for. The exact verbage is:
    Database error: a XML parse error occurred process file HighPriestofNethy:db.xml - error on line 7: failed to read element name.

Please help
    You get this one sorted out?
    Ultimate License Holder

Not to be guilty of thread necromancy, but I'm getting this same error. It only happens when I go to the library and try to load the PFSRD beastiary. It started when I tried using creature parser to put a monster from Hero Lab into my campaign and now it says "creature parser v2.0.0.8" underneath the name of the module in the library modules box. I imagine I broke this module with the creature parser, but I don't know how to fix it.

Any PFRPG Campaign I load has the same error. Is there a way to just replace this module?

Nvm, I managed to fix it by deleting the old mod files and updating FG.

Thread Information