FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 76 of 329 First ... 2666747576777886126176 ... Last
    It applies to saving rolls on attributes. It is for the Tunnels & Trolls (one of my childhood systems when the first edition came out; yes, I am old). It uses 2d6.

As for mods, the way it works is you are told what level of saving roll and the target number = ((LEVEL * 5) + 15) - ATTRIBUTE. So a Level 1 LUCK roll for someone with 13 Luck would need to roll ((1*5) + 15) - 13 = 7 or higher on 2d6.

I was thinking of making a button near the modifier box for you to set the level.

Blog Entries
    How many possible levels are there?
    How many attributes?
    What is the range of attribute scores?

Are there any other modifiers?
    Guy has a Lucky Goblin Foot + 1 Luck?

You're really testing my knowledge of the system. Thankfully I have all the books. Fortunately, it is a rather simple system which is one reason I thought I would attempt doing it in MoreCore for the experience, even if all I ever do with it is play all its solo adventures.

Technically there is no limit on levels which is why they have a formula but I have never seen over 10. I can research all my adventures to see what they have.
    There are 8 attributes: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Speed, Luck, IQ, Wizardry and Charisma.
    The range of attributes is based on 3d6 BUT race (Kindred in T&T) can change the attributes. So anywhere from 2 - 36, depending on the attribute and the race.

The lowest target number is 4 so if the formula is less than 4 just make the TN 4. A roll of 3 is an automatic failure (see Talents below) no matter the target.

For Attribute saving rolls, there are no other modifiers. You have a Current value along with the "At Full health" value for each attribute and you always use the Current value. The Lucky Goblin Foot +1 would increase his Luck attribute.

There are Talent rolls also. They are referred to as saving rolls but these would be more like a skill roll in 3.5E as they are attribute based. The target number is calculated the same way, so it does use the attribute's current value in the calculation of the target number. And then the talent would add its bonus to the die roll. The dice may also explode on doubles. So if it was a Dexterity based talent, say Archery and its value is +3 and it was a level 6 attempt and the DEX is 12 then the target is 33. 2d6 + 3. In other words this would be a heck of a shot if he made it. Another example: let's say the TN is 4 and he rolls 3 on 2d6. With +3 that is 6 but because he rolled 3 on the dice it is an auto failure.

i actually feel like I know the system better now thanks to this so please let me know if there are other questions.
    Last edited by TriOpticon; March 6th, 2018 at 07:44.

Hi damned,

Indeed the module does include descriptions from the rulebook. It'd better not to upload it then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TriOpticon View Post
    You're really testing my knowledge of the system. Thankfully I have all the books. Fortunately, it is a rather simple system which is one reason I thought I would attempt doing it in MoreCore for the experience, even if all I ever do with it is play all its solo adventures.

Technically there is no limit on levels which is why they have a formula but I have never seen over 10. I can research all my adventures to see what they have.
    There are 8 attributes: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Speed, Luck, IQ, Wizardry and Charisma.
    The range of attributes is based on 3d6 BUT race (Kindred in T&T) can change the attributes. So anywhere from 2 - 36, depending on the attribute and the race.

The lowest target number is 4 so if the formula is less than 4 just make the TN 4. A roll of 3 is an automatic failure (see Talents below) no matter the target.

For Attribute saving rolls, there are no other modifiers. You have a Current value along with the "At Full health" value for each attribute and you always use the Current value. The Lucky Goblin Foot +1 would increase his Luck attribute.

There are Talent rolls also. They are referred to as saving rolls but these would be more like a skill roll in 3.5E as they are attribute based. The target number is calculated the same way, so it does use the attribute's current value in the calculation of the target number. And then the talent would add its bonus to the die roll. The dice may also explode on doubles. So if it was a Dexterity based talent, say Archery and its value is +3 and it was a level 6 attempt and the DEX is 12 then the target is 33. 2d6 + 3. In other words this would be a heck of a shot if he made it. Another example: let's say the TN is 4 and he rolls 3 on 2d6. With +3 that is 6 but because he rolled 3 on the dice it is an auto failure.

i actually feel like I know the system better now thanks to this so please let me know if there are other questions.

I dont have exploding working just yet:

trolls.jpgtrollrolls.jpg

Lot faster than me! I have not figured out how to make it explode doubles, either.

If I am reading the first image correctly, and the DEX value is 19, the formula for the first roll should be [Target 1*5+15 - 19] 1 but that would actually get set to 4 as that's the lowest target number allowed.

May I ask how it works? When you click the button to do the DEX roll is it sending a slash command? Say the roll is called /ttroll, is it grabbing the DEX and calculating the formula (resulting in 4) and doing something like /ttroll 2d6>4 ? And the handler for ttroll will do all the doubling?

Thanks, this is great to see and very helpful talking about it with someone.

Blog Entries
    Doh!
    It was early, early in the morning while I was working away at this.
    I remember reading your post and thinking that is hard to pass anything at higher levels and then last night thinking hmm its not so bad!

Anyway you might see that the attributes have the /mod icon next to them so they add their value and name to the modifier box - eg /mod 19 gives me an Attribute value of 19.
    The Levels are a new roll /troll in the format /troll level eg /troll 2

You click the Modifier first and instead of adding this to the dice result it uses it in the formula.

And I have fixed the formula and all my rolls are much, much harder again.

No worries. I was up at 3:30am when reading the message so I thought it was my eyes. Hopefully I will have my character sheet finished this weekend and can get some feedback on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TriOpticon View Post
    Lot faster than me! If I am reading the first image correctly, and the DEX value is 19, the formula for the first roll should be [Target 1*5+15 - 19] 1 but that would actually get set to 4 as that's the lowest target number allowed.
    Also the no Trolls and Trolls statements are just debug statements for me in checking for doubles.
    In that 3rd line that prints out the Target - it doesnt do that >= 4 check at that point but I suppose it could.
    It does do the check in the last line as you can see that a 1 and a 2 were rolled, it declared the Target as -14 but called it a Critical Failure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Also the no Trolls and Trolls statements are just debug statements for me in checking for doubles.
    In that 3rd line that prints out the Target - it doesnt do that >= 4 check at that point but I suppose it could.
    It does do the check in the last line as you can see that a 1 and a 2 were rolled, it declared the Target as -14 but called it a Critical Failure.
    I was wondering about that. Given that normally we don't like trolls around here...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information