DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 63 of 329 First ... 1353616263646573113163 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    This is from the second post on this thread updated earlier this month.

/sthrow I found by Google search but likewise shows it taking a modifier.
    Yes, I know. But this is not correct. I have looked in the code and it does not accept a modifier in the dice string - which is why you get an error if you include a modifier.

damned is not so proactive in updating his documentation! For example, there are two entries here for /sthrow: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#rolls One with modifiers (v1.36) and one without (v1.37) - the second is correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, I know. But this is not correct. I have looked in the code and it does not accept a modifier in the dice string - which is why you get an error if you include a modifier.

damned is not so proactive in updating his documentation! For example, there are two entries here for /sthrow: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#rolls One with modifiers (v1.36) and one without (v1.37) - the second is correct.
    Ok. Well at least I'm not being dense as I feared. Wonder if it's possible to request this be changed. I'd feel.silly asking for a special /challenge roll since the /sthrow would work just as well...but taking mods would make it much easier.

Blog Entries
    Hi Guys,

The /dicehelp is incorrect - the throw was changed to /sthrow
    Attached is the correct build of that file.
    Replace the file in /scripts
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerback View Post
    ok i am either blind or stupid. where the hell do i DL the morecore ruleset
    If you're forums style (bottom left corner of the webpage) is set to mobile you will not see the download links.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Guys,

The /dicehelp is incorrect - the throw was changed to /sthrow
    Attached is the correct build of that file.
    Replace the file in /scripts
    Awesome that works. I was able to figure out enough of the lua to change the message [Saving Throw - Target...] to [Challenge Roll - Target...]. I tried copying the saving throw script to challenge and then changing the "sthrow" to "chall" in the hopes I could eventually work out how to just make /chall 1d20+/-# work since the target number in SotDL for challenge rolls is always 10 (the difficulty is adjusted by banes and boons not altering the target number). However, adding this file to the /scripts folder does not make /chall usable. Is there is simple way to explain how to make this happen? Unfortunately I am kind of neophyte to this sort of thing. I didn't want to bother anyone to make a custom dice roller for something that already basically works but I just can't work it out myself.

However, adding this file to the /scripts folder does not make /chall usable. Is there is simple way to explain how to make this happen? Unfortunately I am kind of neophyte to this sort of thing. I didn't want to bother anyone to make a custom dice roller for something that already basically works but I just can't work it out myself.
    Look in base.xml there will be a number of <script> entries that initiate the various .lua files. Info in script in the API reference guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/script.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Look in base.xml there will be a number of <script> entries that initiate the various .lua files. Info in script in the API reference guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/script.xcp
    Awesome, thank you! I can't make enough sense of it (yet) to remove the variable for target number and set it as static 10. But this at least lets me make my custom /chall roll. Curiously, it does seem to default to target number 10 if you have no modifier on the roll (e.g. /chall 1d20) but if I put instead /chall 1d20+3 it errors out.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Please spell out exactly what you want it to do and say and Ill have a look at it.
    Ok....In Shadow of the Demon Lord there is a mechanic that functions similar to Saving Throws. When checking to see whether or not you avoid or mitigate something you make a Challenge Roll. The target number is always 10. If the total of your d20 roll + attribute modifier (if any) is 10+ you succeed, 9 or less you fail. Boons and Banes are used for situational modifiers but seem to function in conjunction with this already

So ideally the roll would be /chall #d#+# and would evaluate whether the result was greater than or equal to 10 (Success) or less than 10 (Failure).

EDIT: As far as what it should say...
    [Challenge Roll Success] # or [Challenge Roll Failure] # I suppose or something along those lines.
    Last edited by mozmonar; January 23rd, 2018 at 02:35.

Blog Entries
    Ok....In Shadow of the Demon Lord there is a mechanic that functions similar to Saving Throws. When checking to see whether or not you avoid or mitigate something you make a Challenge Roll. The target number is always 10. If the total of your d20 roll + attribute modifier (if any) is 10+ you succeed, 9 or less you fail. Boons and Banes are used for situational modifiers but seem to function in conjunction with this already

So ideally the roll would be /chall #d#+# and would evaluate whether the result was greater than or equal to 10 (Success) or less than 10 (Failure).

EDIT: As far as what it should say...
    [Challenge Roll Success] # or [Challenge Roll Failure] # I suppose or something along those lines.
    Thanks. I shall have a look tonight.
    Ill also post the filenames needed to edit this yourself.
    And Im 100% behind people creating their own rolls - and sending them to me to include in the next build for everyone else to use

Thread Information