FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 55 of 329 First ... 545535455565765105155 ... Last
    Is it possible to do a roll that will say roll 1d6 4 or higher is a success and that equals 1 damage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Is it possible to do a roll that will say roll 1d6 4 or higher is a success and that equals 1 damage.
    Sure... But you have to write it...

Im sure there is more to the roll than that one outcome...

What happens if you roll a 1? a 5 or a 6?

What would you call the roll?

What would its syntax be?

From this description, it's just [1d2-1].

1-3 is a fail and no damage is caused 4-6 causes 1 damage

Blog Entries
    1-3 is a fail and no damage is caused 4-6 causes 1 damage
    So it's 50/50, just use the 1d2-1 roll Andraax suggested.

You would only need a special roll if the "target" number changed or their are bonuses/penalties or something else to the roll.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Mechanically /die 1d2-1 is the same however in FG terms its not the whole story because most rolls are not damage rolls and the OP has requested that it do 1 point of damage.
    So Id be using /damage 1d2-1
    Or Id write a roller for it that still throws the d6 so you still get the same feel... that is of course more work...

So I tried using /damage 1d2-1 and that kind of works. If it rolls a one then it gives a zero for no damage. I will have to roll again until one appears. Either way nothing happens in the CT to the NPC when the roll happens. Does morecore not support damage?

Blog Entries
    Hi Rosco - MoreCore is a generic ruleset without much automation. Your system might apply damage directly while another might have Damage Reduction from Armour and another might split damage into Damage and Subdual Damage etc. MoreCore doesnt automate this area because it cannot know how to accommodate every system.
    You can absolutely build an extension - there is a number of MoreCore extensions already and some make some big changes to the Character Sheets, it would be entirely possible to do the same and also allow damage rolls to apply automatically but it would require coding.

Blog Entries
    Just noticed there is a newer version out from the one I have . . . time to go download. :-)
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information