DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The Patriot, we really want to help. We really do and I sense everyone is getting a bit frustrated, yourself especially. Let's all make sure we take a step back and relax before things get negative

So have you decided which path you want to take? i.e. making a More Core character sheet or creating a custom character sheet extension for MoreCore? I think you want to take the second option, but I just want to verify.

If that is correct, have you made a custom decal per the tutorial? About 1/3 of the way down this link; https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
    Were you successful making that extension? Any questions on it?
    I want to make a WEG Star Wars D6 character sheet in MoreCore. I want it to look like the one in the WEG Star Wars d6 ruleset I linked to. How many of you actually looked at what I linked to? None, so the entire miscommunication is on you all. I was very clear from the get go on what I wanted to do. It is y'alls failure to review what I wanted to do in MoreCore. Not my fault that you failed to download the WEG Star Wars D6 ruleset to see that character sheet.

When I first asked and explained the problem it was due to Damned's terrible tutorials. He didn't show any of the details nor explained if he was making his character sheet from scratch or modifying the one that comes in the MoreCore.pak. He didn't show where any of the files go and he expects me to understand this? His tutorials need to be redone to clarify how to do things for the novice. That's why he created them I presume. I came here to get help from him because he created the ruleset. I get attacked for asking how to put in a character sheet for the WEG Star Wars D6 game and people claiming I don't want to do the work. If I didn't want to do the work then I wouldn't have been putting in over a 1,000 pages of equipment, alien species, spaceships, vehicles, weapons, etc... from WEG/SAGA Star Wars into FG. See all those conversion books in the link by Rancor Pit? Yeah, I'm putting them into FG.

I'm not an idiot. If I can code a complete RPG in Unity using the Ogre RPG system using their clear and concise tutorials I can make a character sheet in FG. I certainly didn't have a problem in making a WEG Star Wars sheet in CoreRPG after viewing that tutorial either. Downside of the CoreRPG is no wild die that WEG Star Wars 2E uses. The problem is with the terrible tutorials and the terrible attitude of the creator. To think, in the decade I've had FG I have never been treated as terribly as I have in this thread. I came in asking for help and this is how I'm treated. Is the rest of the FG community like this? If it is then I might as well tell my players for my upcoming game to go back to Roll20.
    Last edited by ThePatriot; March 14th, 2019 at 03:48.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot View Post
    I want to make a WEG Star Wars D6 character sheet in MoreCore. I want it to look like the one in the WEG Star Wars d6 ruleset I linked to. How many of you actually looked at what I linked to? None, so the entire miscommunication is on you all. I was very clear from the get go on what I wanted to do. It is y'alls failure to review what I wanted to do in MoreCore. Not my fault that you failed to download the WEG Star Wars D6 ruleset to see that character sheet.

When I first asked and explained the problem it was due to Damned's terrible tutorials. He didn't show any of the details nor explained if he was making his character sheet from scratch or modifying the one that comes in the MoreCore.pak. He didn't show where any of the files go and he expects me to understand this? His tutorials need to be redone to clarify how to do things for the novice. That's why he created them I presume. I came here to get help from him because he created the ruleset. I get attacked for asking how to put in a character sheet for the WEG Star Wars D6 game and people claiming I don't want to do the work. If I didn't want to do the work then I wouldn't have been putting in over a 1,000 pages of equipment, alien species, spaceships, vehicles, weapons, etc... from WEG/SAGA Star Wars into FG. See all those conversion books in the link by Rancor Pit? Yeah, I'm putting them into FG.

I'm not an idiot. If I can code a complete RPG in Unity using the Ogre RPG system using their clear and concise tutorials I can make a character sheet in FG. I certainly didn't have a problem in making a WEG Star Wars sheet in CoreRPG after viewing that tutorial either. Downside of the CoreRPG is no wild die that WEG Star Wars 2E uses. The problem is with the terrible tutorials and the terrible attitude of the creator. To think, in the decade I've had FG I have never been treated as terribly as I have in this thread. I came in asking for help and this is how I'm treated. Is the rest of the FG community like this? If it is then I might as well tell my players for my upcoming game to go back to Roll20.
    Well since I apparently can't help you I will step aside. Good luck on your project and happy gaming.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Since MoreCore is layered on top of CoreRPG, what you did there should mostly work with some tweaks. BTW, working with extensions to rulesets is the same regardless of ruleset - so if you've already done this type of work with CoreRPG, then the process is almost exactly the same for MoreCore.

Is it just me, or does this sound an awful lot like the guy that was banned a few months ago?

ThePatriot: "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

If I didn't want to do the work then I wouldn't have been putting in over a 1,000 pages of equipment, alien species, spaceships, vehicles, weapons, etc... from WEG/SAGA Star Wars into FG. See all those conversion books in the link by Rancor Pit? Yeah, I'm putting them into FG.
    And, as a BTW, you will not be able to share this work as it is copyrighted. All the work you are doing will be for yourself only.

Well since I apparently can't help you I will step aside. Good luck on your project and happy gaming.
    It's hilarious that you asked me for more detail and I provide it then you choose not to help. What is the point of this thread then if no one will help? I will leave negative comments then on the so-called tutorial videos and how terrible they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Since MoreCore is layered on top of CoreRPG, what you did there should mostly work with some tweaks. BTW, working with extensions to rulesets is the same regardless of ruleset - so if you've already done this type of work with CoreRPG, then the process is almost exactly the same for MoreCore.

Is it just me, or does this sound an awful lot like the guy that was banned a few months ago?

ThePatriot: "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
    I've never been banned. You are the one that came to me claiming that I didn't want to do any work. Seems to me that you are projecting the fact that you are using vinegar rather than honey. I asked for help in taking the character sheet from the current WEG SWG ruleset listed on the Fantasy Grounds wiki and put it into the MoreCore one.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    And, as a BTW, you will not be able to share this work as it is copyrighted. All the work you are doing will be for yourself only.
    Actually, you can share it as long as you don't give the stats. You can point where the information comes from. That's from FFG themselves as they have a private person doing a Star Wars character generator for their newest Star Wars games. In the character generator it always points to where to find the information, but does not actually provide it. No copyrights are broken by doing so. You literally have to own the books in order to use it.
    Last edited by ThePatriot; March 14th, 2019 at 05:36.

Blog Entries
    It's hilarious that you asked me for more detail and I provide it then you choose not to help. What is the point of this thread then if no one will help? I will leave negative comments then on the so-called tutorial videos and how terrible they are.
    Myself and others have tried to help repeatedly. You have failed to respond to the questions we have asked and instead have you replied with angst filled posts claiming how no one will help you and how the freely provided tutorials that have been made at people's own expenses are terrible.

Perhaps no help has been provided to you. But it is not from a lacking of trying on our part.

Perhaps the tutorial videos are terrible. But many others have stated those same videos have been extremely helpful to them.

You are entitled to your opinion, and to express it civilly. But when you show no appreciation to others, it is unlikely people will spend their own precious time trying to help you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Myself and others have tried to help repeatedly. You have failed to respond to the questions we have asked and instead have you replied with angst filled posts claiming how no one will help you and how the freely provided tutorials that have been made at people's own expenses are terrible.

Perhaps no help has been provided to you. But it is not from a lacking of trying on our part.

Perhaps the tutorial videos are terrible. But many others have stated those same videos have been extremely helpful to them.

You are entitled to your opinion, and to express it civilly. But when you show no appreciation to others, it is unlikely people will spend their own precious time trying to help you.
    I asked and even provided an example of what I want to do. I want a character sheet and provided the source of said sheet. I have yet to see anyone suggest how to make the sheet in MoreCore. So let me provide pictures.

WEG Star Wars Character Sheet Main.jpg
    WEG Star Wars Character Sheet Combat.jpg
    WEG Star Wars Character Sheet Skills.jpg
    WEG Star Wars Character Sheet Force.jpg
    WEG Star Wars Character Sheet Gear.jpg

I will post the rest of the character sheet in a second post.
    Last edited by ThePatriot; March 14th, 2019 at 07:43.

Part 2 of the Character Sheet

WEG Star Wars Character Sheet History.jpg
    WEG Star Wars Character Sheet Notes.jpg

This is the character sheet I want to put into MoreCore and use MoreCore's WEG dice. The sheet automates the skills and attributes by building the dice pools. So how would I make this character sheet in MoreCore? Can I take the xml files from the existing character sheet and replace the MoreCore character sheet's xml files? Did you actually download the WEG Star Wars ruleset from the FG wiki? Answer honestly.
    Last edited by ThePatriot; March 14th, 2019 at 07:49.

ThePatriot,

I know that "damned" is very busy with both real-life activities as well as working concurrently at a full-time job and being commissioned on side projects to complete several official FG DLC projects. So, I'm not surprised that he hasn't been as active in answering questions lately. Please remember that damned is just a community member who has been working to develop a community-based generic ruleset for use on FG, independent of his other activities. He is not being paid for any of this work on MoreCore as a community project, so obviously it takes a backseat to family and professional activities. He also is active in helping set up the community FG Con which is coming up as well.

Given that this is a community project with community-driven support which seems to not be what you expect, you might have more luck developing your own ruleset using the information in the developer guide on the wiki. That is how all of the rulesets to date have been written (including MoreCore), by using the developer guide and examples from existing rulesets. Almost all current rulesets can be unpacked into individual files to see how they were built. I always suggest to people trying to build new game systems or house rules on FG to begin with simple extensions, such as the decal extension or honor/sanity extensions, to get familiar with the process on a small scale first.

Unfortunately, there is no step-by-step method to building a ruleset, extension or even a character sheet within Fantasy Grounds outside the information on the wiki and example rulesets/extensions. It's beyond the scope of what we are able to provide as a small company at this point.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    ThePatriot,

I know that "damned" is very busy with both real-life activities as well as working concurrently at a full-time job and being commissioned on side projects to complete several official FG DLC projects. So, I'm not surprised that he hasn't been as active in answering questions lately. Please remember that damned is just a community member who has been working to develop a community-based generic ruleset for use on FG, independent of his other activities. He is not being paid for any of this work on MoreCore as a community project, so obviously it takes a backseat to family and professional activities. He also is active in helping set up the community FG Con which is coming up as well.

Given that this is a community project with community-driven support which seems to not be what you expect, you might have more luck developing your own ruleset using the information in the developer guide on the wiki. That is how all of the rulesets to date have been written (including MoreCore), by using the developer guide and examples from existing rulesets. Almost all current rulesets can be unpacked into individual files to see how they were built. I always suggest to people trying to build new game systems or house rules on FG to begin with simple extensions, such as the decal extension or honor/sanity extensions, to get familiar with the process on a small scale first.

Unfortunately, there is no step-by-step method to building a ruleset, extension or even a character sheet within Fantasy Grounds outside the information on the wiki and example rulesets/extensions. It's beyond the scope of what we are able to provide as a small company at this point.

Regards,
    JPG
    I am merely asking for help in making a character sheet and I noticed that others get help for making their character sheets. I don't know why I am being ignored or being mistreated by community members. Is it because I want to use the same layout from an existing incomplete ruleset? Is it because I linked to the existing ruleset? I don't know, but I see others getting help while I am attacked and ignored. I have owned FG for almost 11 years now (March 15, 2019 with be the 11th anniversary since I bought FG Standard and 2xPlayer Copies back when they were an option). I have been exceedingly polite and never once violated the rules. Yet, I get attacked and nothing is done to those that have been attacking me. Why is this? I was told by a community member that I didn't want to do the work in response to my third post in asking for help. I was told by damned that this thread is for MoreCore only. I sent the link as a reference on what I wanted to do. Still shots cannot convey what it is I wanted to do due to the automation in the character sheet in the WEG Star Wars D6 ruleset on the wiki. Is his behavior towards me condoned by FG?

I haven't been active on the forums until now due to real life things like being homeless for the majority of the time I have owned FG. I am preparing to use it for a group of 8 people that will be buying or licensing the software. Why? Because I've always liked the product.

Can I copy and paste the existing character sheet from WEG Star Wars into the MoreCore character sheet and have it work? That's all I want to do is use that character sheet since the default MoreCore sheet is not for WEG Star Wars.
    Last edited by ThePatriot; March 14th, 2019 at 08:51.

Thread Information