5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thinking of buying Lost mine of Phandelver, but...

I plan to buy Lost Mine of Phandelver as we actually play that right now in a Face to face game, but with the new release I'm tempted to use FG for this.

It says in the store:

Requirements: The 5E Ruleset and one of the following modules: D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack or D&D Character Customization Pack

I have had no need for buying any of the D&D 5E content as the Basic rules and the SRD is enough for my needs right now.

I read the requirement for Lost mine of Phandelver as I don't need to buy anything else as I have the ruleset (build in) and the Basic rules (also "build in" that is I got it free in FG ), right?

Correct, you don't need to buy anything else.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Another place the Oxford comma would clarify things...

Thanks . Just watched the video Doug made (nice one, as usual ). He states it clearly too. Nylanfs I'm not sure what the comma thing is (I'm danish, I only know how to raid the english, not write english using commas the correct way ). Anyways, I just wanted to be sure, so thanks for that Trenloe. Now to spend some monies [SIC].....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon View Post
    Thanks . Just watched the video Doug made (nice one, as usual ). He states it clearly too. Nylanfs I'm not sure what the comma thing is (I'm danish, I only know how to raid the english, not write english using commas the correct way ). Anyways, I just wanted to be sure, so thanks for that Trenloe. Now to spend some monies [SIC].....
    I had no idea what an Oxford comma was either Tigin, I had to Google it. At any rate Nylanfs, I think, was referring to the sentence you quoted from the Store rather than anything you said.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Apparently I've always used the Oxford comma and never knew it. Guess I've always had an English keyboard and not an American one... *G*

But yes, in a list of things, putting a comma after the next to last list item and before the "and" is always clearer

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I had no idea what an Oxford comma was either Tigin, I had to Google it. At any rate Nylanfs, I think, was referring to the sentence you quoted from the Store rather than anything you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon View Post
    Requirements: The 5E Ruleset and one of the following modules: D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack, <-- Oxford Comma or D&D Character Customization Pack
    Comma, emphasis, and love added.
    No oxen were harmed in the making of this comma.
    No Oxford degree required to use.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I can't for the life of me see why the addition of a comma makes any difference to the sentence; but that's probably because of my advancing years and the fact that if I had presumed to insert a comma before a following or or an and I would have gotten the belt from my English teachers
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 4th, 2016 at 19:39.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I had to look it up as well, but I already use it on without realizing. But I feel it would make it clearer.

D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack, or D&D Character Customization Pack

Quote Originally Posted by 7H3LaughingMan View Post
    I had to look it up as well, but I already use it on without realizing. But I feel it would make it clearer.

D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack, or D&D Character Customization Pack
    Interesting; the important part of the sentence for me is in the bit before the colon. I read it as

The 5E Ruleset and one of the following modules: D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack or D&D Character Customization Pack

Becasue it says one of then it is saying that you only need one of the items in the list. I can't see how it can be read any other way. English is such a pest of a language

Thread Information