5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 74 First 12341252 ... Last
    The issue with the Jackalwere is fixed in the upcoming version which should be out in the next few days.

I don't know exactly what you did but you can't amend the copy of the NPC in the actual Monster Manual so whenever you drag something directly from that volume it will be the same always. You can however edit the NPC in the NPC dialog (Big NPC button on the tight) and if you want to make changed to an NPC this is where you should do it and use that copy to drag to encounters or to the CT. If you did your amendment in the CT then that won't persist. One other point if you amended it in one campaign then unless you exported it the amendments won't show up in another campaign until you open up the module you exported to.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Seems when dropping a new (unnamed and otherwise not affected in any way) character into the combat tracker, I receive this error. I had another DM confirm this info:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'powers' (a nil value)
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Seems that FG when dropping mobs into the CT does not min HP at 1 when for example a bat's hp is 1d4-1 and it ends up zero, the CT puts it at zero. Should be min 1 yes?
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    Seems when dropping a new (unnamed and otherwise not affected in any way) character into the combat tracker, I receive this error. I had another DM confirm this info:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'powers' (a nil value)
    Not seeing this. I presume what you mean is that you create a character and without doing anything to it you drop it into the CT? Any extensions being used? And I assume v3.1.7?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Seems that FG when dropping mobs into the CT does not min HP at 1 when for example a bat's hp is 1d4-1 and it ends up zero, the CT puts it at zero. Should be min 1 yes?
    Not seeing this either. I created an encounter with 30 bats and when placed on the CT the min hp was 1. Again any extensions? v 3.1.7? Any other criteria?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Not seeing this. I presume what you mean is that you create a character and without doing anything to it you drop it into the CT? Any extensions being used? And I assume v3.1.7?
    Ah, extensions! Yes, the problem is occurring due to the "Apply Effect on CT Drop" extension, which makes sense, because that extension is looking for something that doesn't exist. Except perhaps we should notify the maker because shouldn't you be able to code for that contingency?
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Not seeing this either. I created an encounter with 30 bats and when placed on the CT the min hp was 1. Again any extensions? v 3.1.7? Any other criteria?
    On this one, I'm going to assume coincidence that you didn't get any zeros. In 3.1.7 with NO extensions, I did 30 bats (NPC hit points set to random) and got four of thirty set at zero.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

On this one, I'm going to assume coincidence that you didn't get any zeros. In 3.1.7 with NO extensions, I did 30 bats (NPC hit points set to random) and got four of thirty set at zero.
    Alright I'll raise you to 100 bats and still no zeros. Now I am on Test with v 3.2 so it might be something which has been 'fixed'; possibly even inadvertently. I certainly haven't seen the problem reported before in 5e but maybe this is CORE functionality and a problem in another ruleset had come up with a similar issue. Maybe you could try again after 3.2 comes out?

Ah, extensions! Yes, the problem is occurring due to the "Apply Effect on CT Drop" extension, which makes sense, because that extension is looking for something that doesn't exist. Except perhaps we should notify the maker because shouldn't you be able to code for that contingency?
    Well, I suppose you could but really why are you dropping a blank PC onto the CT? I do it all the time of course to test stuff out that I see on the forums but normally this wouldn't happen no?

Blog Entries
    On zero hit points, I believe I saw that addressed before by Moon. I'm guessing in the 3.2 thread and if my memory serves, it is something he fixed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information