STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 20 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    is it possible i wonder to put info into a mod that will autosize a token to character size x some number, and character position as a center.
    and then lock or unlock movement, so the effect autosizes to the right scale, centers on the caster, and then locks to its caster, OR can be moved off the caster, to some other place.
    that would sort out the scaling issues everyone has mentioned, (less work for ragged DMs) and also allow character centered effects to stay locked to their source.
    Last edited by hagrid70; October 20th, 2016 at 10:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Give it a go - just make sure you've read (and understood) the process and gotchas outlines in posts #1 and #2 of the extension thread. And note - in the present release, only the GM can interact with tokens on the lower two levels, so the GM would have to place/move spell effect tokens if needed, not the players. I'm planning and update sometime soon to introduce an effects layer that the players can interact with (if the GM allows). But don't wait for that, use the current version of the extension.
    Chop Chop!

An effect layer would be nice. When I tried using this before beyond some of the early issues one thing I had wished for was an item layer. I love to use props like ladders and boxes ect. And I thought it would have been nice if the players could move them around. Could be that an effect layer could be used for both effect and props.

Sure wish I had the tallent to help produce extensions.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    Chop Chop!

An effect layer would be nice. When I tried using this before beyond some of the early issues one thing I had wished for was an item layer. I love to use props like ladders and boxes ect. And I thought it would have been nice if the players could move them around. Could be that an effect layer could be used for both effect and props.

Sure wish I had the tallent to help produce extensions.
    You mean like the Enhanced Images Extension? Right now it doesn't have a player controllable layer for items, but it sounds like such might be soon. (Or maybe it's version 2 that is posted late in the thread as a beta?)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by hagrid70 View Post
    is it possible i wonder to put info into a mod that will autosize a token to character size x some number, and character position as a center.
    and then lock or unlock movement, so the effect autosizes to the right scale, centers on the caster, and then locks to its caster, OR can be moved off the caster, to some other place.
    I do the former in the proof-of-concept currently - when the token is first put on the map by the extension code, FG auto-sizes it to the square just like any other token, the extension code then adjusts the scale. I need to think about how best to portray the end size the token needs to be - maybe a specific filename for the token e.g. "light_30x30.png" or some such (tokens in FG modules don't contain additional FG database info like other module records, so the info would have to be linked to the token file directly - filename or reading image size), or maybe just have some pre-defined token slots that are a certain size.

I am anticipating allowing non-movement locked tokens on the effects layer. Not sure if they will be movable on the layer directly - due to the ever present token stacking issues, or with a small token "handle" on the player layer. I might try both/give both as an option.

I have many plans for this, lots of testing and coding ahead...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

i will create you some GRID tokens, which are appropriately named for testing then.

hi!
    I just purchased and copied the mod into my modules folder but they dont show up in my modules list. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by hereander View Post
    I just purchased and copied the mod into my modules folder but they dont show up in my modules list. Is there anything I should be aware of?
    Use the "Modules" button in the token window, not in the library to activate token modules. Look for "Dungeons & Dragons 5E Spell Tokens..."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

im no DM but one of my supporters posted the following;

Once copied into your modules folder in Fantasy Grounds go to your Token section and there is a modules sub section to open. You activate the token set there.

i hope this resolves the question for you sir

well THATS quick off the mark, thanks man.

thnx a lot. never saw that option

Thread Information