DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

not sure if should be here or 5e.. but here we go...

ok.. I have been running Princes of the Apocalypse for well over a year. The are at the hall of the hunting axe. I Pull up the player map and try to put mask on map and it crashes fantasy grounds. I then boot all players off and try again. Map comes up for me.. but I have a high end pc as do most of my players. When I share the map this time.. it crashes their pc's. We are all running 3.2.3 (I have ultimate license). Only extension loaded is rolld (I will remove and test again but I am pretty sure this isn't causing it

I did snip a picture of the map and got us through part of the gaming session without issue but we had to stop playing early because it just wasn't working.

I am happy to listen to any suggestions troubleshooting tips. I do have a couple of token packs loaded but I have unloaded many of those because of memory usage.

I have run all the included missions and added many more. We play twice a week and almost every week.

Just looking for a way to get through the mission. I am very used to putting the map overlay on.. It *may* not be required for this map but I tend to do that first thing.

Anyone else having any issues with this?

My other campaign (Rise of Tiamat) is not having any issues.

Just as an aside. I am having the targeting issues again where if I target the token on the map.. it makes the creature before it start targeting the monsters I attempted to target with the character/monster. Everybody dumped cache and we still had issues.
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

Blog Entries
    I didn't have any problems with that map. But it sounds like you've added a lot of content than just PotA. You might just be at the point that your campaign is so large that you are running into the 32 bit process limit.

If you are on Windows, open your task manager and sort by process size (largest on top). Then launch your campaign and note what the size of fantasygrounds.exe is. Then try to repeat what you were doing. If it crashes, note the process size.

I'm guessing you'll find you were around 3GB.

If that is the case, you'll either need to reduce the amount of content in your campaign (usually images) or your tokens (which sounds like you already have a handle on).

If that's not it, let us know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also, try using /flushdb in the chat entry to remove all shared records for the players so far, and only re-share the records they need currently.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    have you and the players run /flushdb in the chat window.
    test having one of the players (at least 30mins before next session) clear her cache and then reconnect and once downloaded try again.

ninjad for sitting on the window too long!

currently FG is using 2,693.3 MB

I will try the flushdb with one of my PC's.

When I load that map.. it increases my Memory usage by between 1/2 to 3/4 a gig of Ram.
    Last edited by bawsr; April 11th, 2017 at 03:58.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawsr View Post
    currently FG is using 2,693.3 MB

I will try the flushdb with one of my PC's.

When I load that map.. it increases my Memory usage by between 1/2 to 3/4 a gig of Ram.
    2.7GB or RAM?
    You are pretty darn close to the limits on most computers for this app.
    /rolld wont be causing this - how many tokens do you have in your campaign and in your base data folder?
    Is this the map that ships with the FG module or an externally sourced one?

ok.. I have been running Princes of the Apocalypse for well over a year. The are at the hall of the hunting axe. I Pull up the player map and try to put mask on map and it crashes fantasy grounds.
    Is it the "Hall-of-the-Hunting-Axe-Player" map?

I'm guessing it is. This map is massive - well beyond the FG recommendations. From my calculations it's over 8000 (yes, eight thousand) pixels wide and more high. This one obviously slipped through the detailed QA process. I'll raise it to the attention of the powers that be.

Looks like the image is 8,500 x 9,500 pixels. No wonder your computer crashes bawsr. Just opening this in a brand new campaign added over 800MB of memory use on my PC, adding a mask adds another 300MB. So 1.1GB to open and mask this image. Crashing Rapids...
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 11th, 2017 at 04:42.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Is it the "Hall-of-the-Hunting-Axe-Player" map?

I'm guessing it is. This map is massive - well beyond the FG recommendations. From my calculations it's over 8000 (yes, eight thousand) pixels wide and more high. This one obviously slipped through the detailed QA process. I'll raise it to the attention of the powers that be.
    It is that one.

I cleared up every other module, removed lots of maps, cleared all extra tokens, did the flushdb, left the bare minimum and I got it working with a single player. (I didn't do the map overlay because that caused all kinds of issues). My other option was to break the map up into pieces. Perhaps, in general, that is a good rule of thumb until we get 64 bit FG

I cleared up every other module, removed lots of maps, cleared all extra tokens, did the flushdb, left the bare minimum and I got it working with a single player. (I didn't do the map overlay because that caused all kinds of issues). My other option was to break the map up into pieces. Perhaps, in general, that is a good rule of thumb until we get 64 bit FG
    Glad you got it working OK. I'm concerned with that map though, when you've been running a session for a couple of hours and a few players connected. Keep an eye on your memory use and it it's close to 3GB don't open it.

Splitting into pieces is definitely the recommendation. It's been discussed a few times recently, one such discussion here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post317064 A bit after this module was released unfortunately...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information