FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 163 First ... 311121314152363113 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by nytemare3701 View Post
    Anyone know a product that can export active sound mixes? The whole POINT of using syrinscape was to have semi-random ambient noise.
    You can setup custom sound mixes in Syrinscape; I spend a bit of time before each session putting together a few mixes for background sounds based on what I think will come up during the game. Once you have the sound mix setup, then you can copy it into a sound link using this extension.

I just caved and bought a Syrinscape sub, and I'm already pretty unhappy with it. Anyone know a product that can export active sound mixes? The whole POINT of using syrinscape was to have semi-random ambient noise.
    I'm confused by this statement. Semi-random ambient sound is exactly what Syrinscape does.

The DOE Sound Extension allows you to put links to specific Syrinscape soundscapes within FG so that you can quickly and easily trigger the desired soundscape within Syrinscape without having to switch to the Syrinscape app and find the correct sound.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It'd be nice if the extension "rounded up" any triggers from other extensions though.
    It does - it learns about all Extensions and Rulesets Triggers as they occur. That way the Extension author doesn't have to be constantly scouring other people's Extensions and Ruleset for Triggers and then having to add them in to the DOESound.

You see, I've thought of (practically) everything - I might not have coded it in, but I have thought about it
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    You see, I've thought of (practically) everything - I might not have coded it in, but I have thought about it
    = Champion Immortal Saint
    or at least part of it!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    It does - it learns about all Extensions and Rulesets Triggers as they occur. That way the Extension author doesn't have to be constantly scouring other people's Extensions and Ruleset for Triggers and then having to add them in to the DOESound.

"as they occur" is the problem for me though, since it means I don't know what is and isn't supported until I do a bunch of mock gameplay and hope it catches it. After 10 minutes of mock combat trying to get some crits, I came to the conclusion that Hit and Crit don't have separate triggers. In retrospect, I could have made an npc with a crit range of 1-20, but hindsight, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm confused by this statement. Semi-random ambient sound is exactly what Syrinscape does.
    Sorry, I worded that poorly. I am happy with Syrinscape's ambient sound system. I just have no intention of paying for packs just to get single sounds for an ambient mix, or paying a monthly subscription just to have access to the sound creator to use the assets made by the professional sound designer in my group.
    DMing since 2005. Ultimate License holder (You can play without a license!)

* 3.5e Veteran, Favoring 3.P for a wider playerbase.
    * Currently Running: Nothing in person, Revolving door E8 on FG.

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion77 View Post
    When I drop an item from the DMG or PHB to an items parcel, the Console (GM) report:
    Script Error: [string "Sound/Scripts/lsSoundManager.lua"]:86: attempt to index a nil value
    I'm getting similar errors, running 5E HotDQ last night ad when my players took an action I got (I believe) the same error, I can't duplicate it right now, so maybe you got it tweaked,
    Extensions I'm running are :
    Alternate Wound Colors
    Targeting Enhancement3.1.0
    5E and core rulesets3.1.7
    Remove effect tag 1.1.4
    Big Fonts
    DOE Base 1.2
    Alternate Color Gizmo 2.1
    DOE Sound Extension 1.0

Not sure if this helps any or not, just thought I'd give you some more feedback to help find what it is
    No matter where you go, there you are !!
    Ultimate License

You should NOT be running the Alternate Colour Gizmo - its been depreciated and it DOES NOT WORK with the current versions of the DOEBase (its part of the DOEBase anyway) - you don't need to run it and it'll cause problems if you do

Also, see Post #114
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    Thank You Dulux-Oz
    I figured it was something on my part, post #114 was why I let you know what I was running. I'll try it out tomorrow and see if that helps, as always you're a wealth of information for us mortals !
    No matter where you go, there you are !!
    Ultimate License

If you still have problems please let me know - I do want people to be able to use my Extensions without hassel

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

...or paying a monthly subscription just to have access to the sound creator to use the assets made by the professional sound designer in my group.
    There are various apps out there that allow you to put mixes together based off sound assets you already own. I still use Softrope - it's been around for a while and isn't being actively developed, but it does what I want it to (puts multiple sounds together into a mix, save the mixes and launch a specific mix easily) and is free: https://softrope.net/ Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to integrate this into a link in the DOE Sound functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information