DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 40 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    True however I would like to give users the flexibility in adding a table here and there and not to mention interfaces of adding lists and links or references.

For example, the npc parser of mine does not specifically allow tables.
    Last edited by kp9911; October 5th, 2016 at 05:04.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

002A: Developer Ramblings (I really wish I had a blog)

~~ "The hardest step is to start.... NOPE the hardest step is the one that you fall down on" ~ random ramblings

So development has finally started with the first couple of commits happening as well, I have planned on using a very object centered approach for which the inspiration comes from funnily enough the Class Feature of D&D 5E.

Classes are what forms the guts and what normally brings glory to PC's. You say you have a fireball spell(scroll. But you know non casting PC's excitement when they see FIREBALL written on it)! BUT! *queue NOIR music* Do you have spellcasting? If not make sure you have Wisdom because when that scroll turns to dust muhahahah you're gonna suffer you insolent non spellcaster attempting to cast a spell person you.

In a similar way I take an approach to coding. Does my class have what it takes to form the blocks required in XML... humm I dont think so, well then pheasant back to the drawing board! Keep doing this until you are happy. Once this step is done well basically its like filling a form. All the tags are in place and I just need to substitute place holders with the actual data, cast some complex pew pew **** on it and ta da the xmls are done! (At least I hope so)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kp9911 View Post
    002A: Developer Ramblings (I really wish I had a blog)
    All you got to do is email [email protected] and ask them to enable the blog for your account Just make sure you tell them the username and email address it's for.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can anyone point me to the XML structure for a character sheet on the wiki, I cannot seem to find it for some reason. :s

I'm not sure there is such a thing. But if you have a look in inside the db.xml of any campaign which has a character in it you'll see the structure there. You could also create a character and export it and then open up the xml to find the same thing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus, I was previously doing that however I was just wondering what the common tags were. I think the <reference> and <library> tags kinda encapsulate everything including spells, equipment etc.

Since I am progressing module wise, I was wondering what I should keep as a basic interface since I will do away with it (If I ever will) eventually for an all in one parser.

003A : Developers Ramblings

"Rise my pretties, rise!! *evil laughter*" ~ "Em Lord Madam Elvina, your grace umm..." ~ "What, What is it?" ~ "Um... How do I put this?" ~ "Spit it out already!" ~ "The zombies you raised have no skeleton..... so ah, they cant "rise"" ~ "A great idea, lets get skeletons to rise as well!" ~ "*facepalm*"

An application falls flat without a good framework. Period. Safe to say this frame work is almost complete for the class parser! Time to move on to the *cough* zombie/meat and flesh (and brains?) of the application now!

Small Update : I recently managed to get my paws on a new laptop so its going to take some time to set it up to where I left off. So for now dev work has stopped.

I also have something bigger in the works. What I am aiming for is a nice new intuitive UI on the front end, so for this I am getting updated on some skills, if I like what I see after mixing this cauldron, it might just reach you guys as well.

Further more I am changing my design pattern a bit and creating a master application, once this is done I can release modules step by step until maybe one day we will have another parser to use.
    Last edited by kp9911; October 17th, 2016 at 12:36.

Blog Entries
    Nice, thanks for keeping us updated.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sneak peak at the new interface I'm working on!

Attachment 15804

This is an initial markup, I hope to change the color coding and font and what to to make it more D&D'indy
    Last edited by kp9911; October 22nd, 2016 at 09:34.

Thread Information