5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

What happens with the release of new 5e features and errata?

Quick question.

How does FG handle a situation where an aspect of 5e receives errata (a class/spell/feat is rebalanced or something similar), or brand new content (such as a new Class X spell or something of that nature)

Is this content integrated? If so, how and how soon?

Appreciate it. I'm just curious to see how it works.

They can add that stuff to the files and push out an update. You'll see a read highlight on your update button, click that, wait and bam, you have the latest greatest. Usually helpful to point out that errata like that has been released though. If it's important enough it'll get pushed out quick, but sometimes they'll wait for a larger update to the software and push that out together. They can update the program or just the DLC separately.

Thank you!

Just wanted to make sure it does indeed get regularly updated.

Blog Entries
    Very regularly. For a point of reference, when the 5E SRD was released, I think they had that updated and released within 24 hours. (I'd have to go check the thread, but it was amazingly fast given that they had no heads up.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'd have to go check the thread, but it was amazingly fast given that they had no heads up.
    Or that's what they WANT us to believe, perhaps I have been playing too much Paranoia &/or Spycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    ...perhaps I have been playing too much Paranoia &/or Spycraft.
    Or... that's what YOU want us to believe...

No, it really was done from start to finish within 36 hours. DD pulled an all nighter to get it done.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

See! conspirators always keep you believing the original lie.

Wink wink nudge nudge
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

I don't know if anyone noticed yet, but SRD monsters module, Giant Toad or Frog I think has the attacks of an ape :P

Thread Information