5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 19 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcorajus View Post
    I choose the 5E XSL file, what puzzles me is what HTML File am I suppose to choose?
    HTML is the output file you'll open in a browser.

See Step 6 in the first post: "Select the name of the output HTML"

It's just the name (and location) of the resulting character sheet. Remember where you Save it so you can access it in future.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 1st, 2017 at 22:20.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just tried this and have all three "slots" filled out (1- selected 5e sheet template, 2 - selected char .xml from FG, 3- output file) and it doesn't seem to generate a file?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    I just tried this and have all three "slots" filled out (1- selected 5e sheet template, 2 - selected char .xml from FG, 3- output file) and it doesn't seem to generate a file?
    Works for me. Windows 7.

No errors or anything else being generated? You have write permissions to the destination folder?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Works for me. Windows 7.

No errors or anything else being generated? You have write permissions to the destination folder?
    No error was generated or anything. I re-ran the software as Administrator and it spat out a file.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    No error was generated or anything. I re-ran the software as Administrator and it spat out a file.
    Ah, if you don't want to run as an admin in the future, check the folder the exe is in and your destination folder, make sure your permissions are set to full on both of those and you shouldn't have any problems.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone thought about making a Fantasy Grounds-approved and relate-able PC sheet that could be created in Fantasy Grounds and exported as an app on iOS and Android? There's a lot of people who play using Fantasy Grounds as their base for their home games, and I'd love to be able to use my phone as my PC sheet. Would love even more if the DM were able to apportion out loot or messages or notes or something using wireless technology. That said, does anyone know of any work being done with something like this, or is this something other people would find useful? Am I the only one?

Note that I'm not at all asking the FG people to do extra work, I'm just curious if it's even on their radar, or if they would be amenable to a community-created FG app (apps?).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramtrap View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone thought about making a Fantasy Grounds-approved and relate-able PC sheet that could be created in Fantasy Grounds and exported as an app on iOS and Android? ...
    I'm sure someone has thought about it, but you are the first I've heard of to mention it

I don't know why you couldn't just use this or the ALOnline printer to make your sheet and then just open in on your phone or tablet. No need for an app since you phone can already open html and pdf files.

Of course that wouldn't be connected, but I suspect anyone who has thought of making it connected is just waiting for the Unity build were cross platform capabilities will be much easier to implement (or might even be available soon after release from Smiteworks).

Fantasy Grounds App

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm sure someone has thought about it, but you are the first I've heard of to mention it

I don't know why you couldn't just use this or the ALOnline printer to make your sheet and then just open in on your phone or tablet. No need for an app since you phone can already open html and pdf files.

Of course that wouldn't be connected, but I suspect anyone who has thought of making it connected is just waiting for the Unity build were cross platform capabilities will be much easier to implement (or might even be available soon after release from Smiteworks).
    I think what I'm more interested in is the instant feedback an integrated Fantasy Grounds app could offer (theoretically, at least). Roll initiative from the phone, shows up in the chat. Attack and cast spells and do your ability and skill checks with an app. DMs could dole out loot on the app or share PC-specific images or maps with them. I realize this 'theoretical' app is a LOT more coding than I'm making it sound, but we've seen the apps for PCs that exist right now. Fantasy Grounds does it better, and having an integrated app with the actual software (Unity or not) would be a dream. If I knew programming any better, I'd make it myself, but alas I'm a little lost beyond standard Facebook posts.

Blog Entries
    Wait for Unity. Though phone and tablets are not listed as what will be available at initial launch, we might be surprised and FG will be available on iOS and Android too soon after. If not, it will be a better architecture for a community dev to attempt something like you are describing.

Thread Information