DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 52 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Hmm, I did have some random files knocking about, and its cleared most of the errors on a new campagin, but I still get these

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:75: attempt to index global 'ColorManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:75: attempt to index global 'ColorManager' (a nil value)
    and no option to delete units from the combat tracker.

Blog Entries
    Do the same thing for CoreRPG.pak and any unpacked copies and re-run the Updater.

A double post 15 mins apart... weird.

Deleting the CORERPG unpacked folder did the job! The background changed as soon as I opened it up and I knew things had been sorted.

Thanks very much!

If anyone is interested, the game is being recorded here.
    Last edited by Grey Hunter; October 2nd, 2016 at 06:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Hunter View Post
    Deleting the CORERPG unpacked folder did the job!
    Yeah, don't unpack ruleset files in the FG \rulesets directory and leave the new directory with the same name as the base pak file. This freezes your ruleset version as FG will use the unpacked directory over the .pak file, and you'll soon have incompatibilities after even one FG update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the help, Trenloe and damned! And I will definitely check out the video Grey Hunter. I am planning to record my own session of Tower of the Black Pearl in a couple weeks.

Been digging into this some more with the books coming out soon. Great stuff so far!

Couple things:
    -Any chance at adding an XP tab on the Party Sheet? I understand RAW is a pretty small scale for tracking XP, but would be nice to have that feature for divvying out encounter/quest awards.
    -Nice being able to add custom dice to the skills tab, however, being able to base each skill off a main ability score (or none) would be cool as well, similar to how Castles and Crusades or AD&D 2E handles skill rolls.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benjihad View Post
    -Any chance at adding an XP tab on the Party Sheet? I understand RAW is a pretty small scale for tracking XP, but would be nice to have that feature for divvying out encounter/quest awards.
    -Nice being able to add custom dice to the skills tab, however, being able to base each skill off a main ability score (or none) would be cool as well, similar to how Castles and Crusades or AD&D 2E handles skill rolls.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Besides the smaller scale, XP is so arbitrary, and level advancement is pretty slow, so I didn't spend much time on it. But I will take another look at it.

On the other hand, I did mess around with the 3.5E Skills tab a little. I like how ability score bonuses and combat tracker effects can be incorporated, not to mention the armor check penalty. I have been a little bit lazy about making time for it. The layout does eat up a fair amount of space, and I want to avoid a separate tab for skills. Currently, a thief can list all of his skills without using the scroll bar, and I like the aesthetics of that. I have not looked at how Castles & Crusades does it, so I will definitely take a look at that.

Yes, 3.5E has a similar setup as well with the ability score bonuses to skills, that would be rad. Maybe minus all the hard-baked skills that exist on that ruleset.
    Just starting to wrap my head around the internals of FG myself, seems like a lot of work goes into laying all these rulesets out. Much obliged for what you've already done.

I guess one more thing to gander at when you get time, the way CoreRPG handles attack rolls on the NPC sheets is nice how you can base off something other than a d20 shown here: FG Wiki - CoreRPG NPC Sheet
    Maybe it's already in there, and I'm just having trouble figuring out the syntax for dredging up alternate polyhedron from the outer reaches?

I've been using the ruleset a lot and it's been working out great. There are a couple of things I noticed though, that could be added, if possible.

The first area is dealing with secondary attacks which are with dice other than d20. A 5th level warrior, for example, gets two action dice (1d20 + 1d14). Also, many npc's have multiple attacks where some are with d20 and some are not. As far as I can tell, for the pc, you would need to add an extra copy of the weapon with a different action die set up, which is less than an optimal solution. As for an npc, I can figure out no workaround at all for it. I've already had more than one monster entry where I wasn't able to accurately input the creatures attacks due to the issue of different action die for its attacks.

Secondly, I like the way the burn boxes work for luck and other attributes, but wonder if it would be possible to also have a third box out to the side of each attribute which would show the result of the attribute burn. For example, Luck 12 Luckburned 2 Current Luck 10. And that third box be the one that actually is double clickable for the stat check roll and the roll result reports success or failure vs. that third box value.

One can always dream, right? He he.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benjihad View Post
    I guess one more thing to gander at when you get time, the way CoreRPG handles attack rolls on the NPC sheets is nice how you can base off something other than a d20 shown here: FG Wiki - CoreRPG NPC Sheet
    Maybe it's already in there, and I'm just having trouble figuring out the syntax for dredging up alternate polyhedron from the outer reaches?
    I wanted the npc attack line to match the format in the rulebook as much as possible, which is very similar to the 3.5E format. The action die field on the npc sheet can specify the die type, but not multiple different dice. I can't think of any monsters that use multiple different action dice, actually, but I know it's possible. Anyway, whatever is specified as the action die is used for the attack roll.

Thread Information