FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Alright, I haven't been able to identify what caused that first issue you reported, but I have addressed the healing issue. There was an error and a typo. I have uploaded the new version.
    Last edited by TASagent; June 14th, 2015 at 17:27.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Quote Originally Posted by TASagent View Post
    Okay, that's what I thought you might be saying. Let me convince you it should be the first one.

A Character has 5 current hit points, and 15 max hit points. If his max hit points drop by 10, he should have 5/5 hit points. RAW, he isn't supposed to drop his current hit points by any amount he loses off the top. In this case, he goes from having 10 wounds (5 current hp, 15 max), to 0 wounds (5 current hp, 5 max hp).
    I guess I am looking at from the other side. Max HP is like a bucket. So an example of MAx 15 is like saying your bucket can hold 15 gallons of water. It seems that FG is track the wounds so it would be 15 Gallons of wounds.

In your example above I think you are saying we have 10 gallons of wounds and could hold 5 more gallons. So in my mind if you reduce the max by 5 gallons we can only hold 10 and since we are already holding 10 we are at max. and thus unstable and dying but reducing capacity should not reduce current amount carried.

maybe I am looking at this wrong, i can be slow, so please keep at this till I get it.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Yeah, the way the rules are written indicates they want you to "transfer" your remaining hitpoints to the new, smaller bucket. I think it's particularly clear with the way that the Wraith's energy drain is written. If you do it they way you're describing, you inadvertently double up on the damage.
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Quote Originally Posted by TASagent View Post
    Yeah, the way the rules are written indicates they want you to "transfer" your remaining hitpoints to the new, smaller bucket. I think it's particularly clear with the way that the Wraith's energy drain is written. If you do it they way you're describing, you inadvertently double up on the damage.
    Well ether way it is still a good job. thank you for working on this.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Thanks.

I've uploaded a new, slightly tweaked version. Just replace the version you'd downloaded to your extensions folder with the new one.

I still haven't been able to reproduce the first issue you encountered. Let me know if you encounter it again.

The repro you gave before for the NPC issue was fine. I have managed to reproduce it. I will submit a fix for that issue soon.

Thanks!

Alright, I have fixed the NPC linking error now.

Updated to version 0.5.

It was a fairly simple error. If you have added NPCs to the Combat Tracker and can't open their links, remove them and re-add them. That should fix the problem. (After you update to 0.5, of course).

Gave it a quick test and no immediate error.

Thank you
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

So after using a few times I thought I would come back and beg you make the change to how hit points (Wounds) are affected. Currently you "Discounting" the amount of of wounds applied based on the reduction of Con.

I would prefer to not have the "Discount" (For lack of a better term). I don't know if there is a way to maybe add the option or just tweak it and let me run with a modified version?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

I'll be working on the mod soon to update it to the upcoming version of FG.

However, you can definitely tell from the rules that "Max Hit Point reduction" is not supposed to be "Current AND Max Hit Point Reduction." What you're talking about is not a "discount" in the damage being done. It's just compensating for the fact that FG counts up wounds rather than counting down hitpoints. It could be changed, but it would actually be wrong, and equate to a damage bonus to a rules modification that already increases the lethality of combat.

Take a look, for instance, at how the combat ability "Life Drain" of the Wraith is defined. I will reproduce it here:

Hit: 4d8+3 necrotic damage. The target must succeed on a DC 14 con saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken.

With the way that you're understanding max hp reduction, the Wraith would deal double damage when a player fails the save. Example (without Vitality, for simplicity):

A player has 43 max hit points and 0 wounds (43 current hp).
    He takes the average of 21 damage from the Wraith's attack. He now has 43 max hit points and 21 wounds (22 current hp).
    Then he fails his saving throw. He should now have 22 max hit points and 0 wounds (22 current hp), not 22 max hit points, and 21 wounds (1 current hp).

It's not that you want be to get rid of a discount, it's that you want me to add bonus damage.

I might be able to add this as an option you can toggle in the settings when I work on it, I'll have to see how much work that is. It would need to be an option because it's different from the actual source.

If there are places where the calculation ends up being wrong, though, then that would be a different, less contentious issue.

Thread Information