FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

More maps for Castle Ravenloft and Curse of Strahd

I just saw this posted on ENWorld and thought I would share.
    https://pauldanieljohnson.deviantart...urse-of-Strahd

Link to the downloadable module. Place it in your modules folder and activate in your Library > Modules.
    Module Download
    Last edited by ddavison; January 10th, 2018 at 17:33.

Those are really nice. Good find.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    It is unlikely to have been deviantart itself - this is a big and well established website... however criminal networks have been brazen enough in the past to actually upload and pay for commercial ads that have contained malware coding... these have hot reputable websites before (some very big ad networks and websites).

Are these maps better than the module with maps already out? Or are they in addition to? Trying not to get spoiled by anything so don't want to look at them, but was gonna let our DM know about em.

The map count is the same, though the outside one is merged with one of them and another has been done elsewhere. These particular maps seem to line up along with the labelling of the adventure's isometric maps themselves, and they effectively provide the same purpose as Zacchaeus' ones. That said, these are obviously better quality because that artist has probably had far more time spare to put into them, of which any number of the artists here could do if they had the time, including Zacchaeus. There's slight visual alignment issues with some of the outdoors sections when compared to the other maps in the same set, but otherwise they seem to more or less provide the same need, though perhaps a bit closer visually to the isometric ones. Either way, both would serve the same purpose, so it more or less comes down to how visually accurate you want your maps to be compared to the isometric ones and if you want the map to align with the bridge to the west as it should, or to the north as Zacchaeus has done it.

To add...I've examined both packs carefully, and each of them covers the castle fully as expected, just a difference in visuals, alignment, and layout. The maps on the website compared to the module are as follows:

Curse of Strahd 2 3 - Walls of Ravenloft with Main Floor
    Curse of Strahd 2 4 - Walls of Ravenloft with Court of the Count
    Curse of Strahd 2 5 - Walls of Ravenloft with Rooms of Weeping
    Curse of Strahd 2 6 - Walls of Ravenloft with Spires of Ravenloft
    Curse of Strahd 2 7 - Walls of Ravenloft with Spires of Ravenloft
    Curse of Strahd 2 8 - Walls of Ravenloft with Spires of Ravenloft
    Curse of Strahd 2 9 - Walls of Ravenloft with North Tower Peak
    Curse of Strahd 2 10 - Walls of Ravenloft with High Tower Peak
    Curse of Strahd 11 - Larders of Ill Omen
    Curse of Strahd 12 - Dungeon and Catacombs

Strahd2 = Walls of Ravenloft
    Strahd3 = Main Floor
    Strahd4 = Court of the Count
    Strahd5 = Rooms of Weeping
    Strahd6 = Spires of Ravenloft
    Strahd7 = Spires of Ravenloft
    Strahd8 = Spires of Ravenloft with North Tower Peak and High Tower Peak
    Strahd11 = Larders of Ill Omen
    Strahd12 = Dungeon and Catacombs
    Strahd13 = Dungeon and Catacombs

Regardess, I'd like to see these ones here turned into a module...but I can't seem to get the grid perfectly aligned with the one the artist had drawn on the maps - which has led to disappointment and disinterest in their use.
    Last edited by Teknykk; May 2nd, 2016 at 06:29.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

Blog Entries
    Not actually a map, but related and worth a look
    https://www.enworld.org/forum/conten...ft-in-3d-glory!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknykk View Post
    The map count is the same, though the outside one is merged with one of them and another has been done elsewhere. These particular maps seem to line up along with the labelling of the adventure's isometric maps themselves, and they effectively provide the same purpose as Zacchaeus' ones. That said, these are obviously better quality because that artist has probably had far more time spare to put into them, of which any number of the artists here could do if they had the time, including Zacchaeus. There's slight visual alignment issues with some of the outdoors sections when compared to the other maps in the same set, but otherwise they seem to more or less provide the same need, though perhaps a bit closer visually to the isometric ones. Either way, both would serve the same purpose, so it more or less comes down to how visually accurate you want your maps to be compared to the isometric ones and if you want the map to align with the bridge to the west as it should, or to the north as Zacchaeus has done it.

To add...I've examined both packs carefully, and each of them covers the castle fully as expected, just a difference in visuals, alignment, and layout. The maps on the website compared to the module are as follows:

Curse of Strahd 2 3 - Walls of Ravenloft with Main Floor
    Curse of Strahd 2 4 - Walls of Ravenloft with Court of the Count
    Curse of Strahd 2 5 - Walls of Ravenloft with Rooms of Weeping
    Curse of Strahd 2 6 - Walls of Ravenloft with Spires of Ravenloft
    Curse of Strahd 2 7 - Walls of Ravenloft with Spires of Ravenloft
    Curse of Strahd 2 8 - Walls of Ravenloft with Spires of Ravenloft
    Curse of Strahd 2 9 - Walls of Ravenloft with North Tower Peak
    Curse of Strahd 2 10 - Walls of Ravenloft with High Tower Peak
    Curse of Strahd 11 - Larders of Ill Omen
    Curse of Strahd 12 - Dungeon and Catacombs

Strahd2 = Walls of Ravenloft
    Strahd3 = Main Floor
    Strahd4 = Court of the Count
    Strahd5 = Rooms of Weeping
    Strahd6 = Spires of Ravenloft
    Strahd7 = Spires of Ravenloft
    Strahd8 = Spires of Ravenloft with North Tower Peak and High Tower Peak
    Strahd11 = Larders of Ill Omen
    Strahd12 = Dungeon and Catacombs
    Strahd13 = Dungeon and Catacombs

Regardess, I'd like to see these ones here turned into a module...but I can't seem to get the grid perfectly aligned with the one the artist had drawn on the maps - which has led to disappointment and disinterest in their use.
    I can't speak for the others, but on my maps the yellow border surrounding the map is "outside" the grid - so if you try to align to the grid with that yellow border inside your grid, you'll likely run into problems. Best practise is to ignore the border and align to the grid itself.

When I tried to do it, I aligned the grid from within a square inside the castle itself, and when I checked other areas of the castle as well as outside of it, there was an alignment issue - and I couldn't find any way to properly align it all together.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknykk View Post
    When I tried to do it, I aligned the grid from within a square inside the castle itself, and when I checked other areas of the castle as well as outside of it, there was an alignment issue - and I couldn't find any way to properly align it all together.
    I don't use Fantasy Grounds, so I'm not sure how much help I can be. I've used the maps in Roll20 without any troubles in terms of alignment, so on a basic level I think the grid is square and should ultimately line up with any grid. Here's a screenshot from Roll20...

Attachment 13944

Thread Information