STAR TREK 2d20
Page 55 of 89 First ... 545535455565765 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjip View Post
    Any pointers you would recommend inside all these resources (the wiki, the forum and subforums...) to get started ?
    (in the context of the SW ruleset only for now)
    This is pretty general: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eveloper_Guide

Unfortunately, the SW ruleset is derived from an older WFRP 3e ruleset, that had a structure that isn't really used that much now (in terms of directory and file naming within the ruleset itself). The GUI layout and control definition XML is still valid, as is the LUA (otherwise the ruleset wouldn't work) - so the API guide is a good place to check: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/

But, I'd pretty much recommend working your way down that Developer Guide page in the Wiki - stop at Layering as that isn't relevant to the current SW ruleset.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 22nd, 2018 at 21:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Brilliant ! thanks a lot Trenloe

Hey guys,

First time actually writing up a campaign in FG (no previous experience with other rulesets) and i am wondering if the following behavior is "normal" or a missing feature in our beloved FFG ruleset:

- inside a story item, I created a nice table structure , including the special dices and everything, pretty happy with the visual result after reopening it
    - if i want to copy that nice layout and symbols into another story item, only the symbols remain intact. The nice table layout is replaced by [ ] surrounding the actual content.

Is this a know issue with the formatting textg entry control in FG or am i missing something here ?

EDIT: Also when copy pasting "[D]" inside a table cell, it gets transformed into "[[D]]", bug or side affect

Thanks for any pointers
    Last edited by bigjip; April 25th, 2018 at 17:20.

Copy and paste within FG does not support any formatting information. It's something we're looking at improving long term.

You can create a full copy of a story record, and then change the rest.

Cheers,
    JPG

If you need several story elements with the same setup in regards to tables and so on, you can make a base template and then copy that. For instance I've been working on a module where I have all the class talents set up for easy reference. I do this by making a template, with the tables set up but empty. I then drag and drop the link inside the story window. Now I have a copy of the template and then I can fill in the notes I need. And saved myself a lot of time.

Its a quirky way of doing it, but hey... it gets the job done. I hope it helps.

Vires Animi

Hello

Strange issue while try to export (using the latest ruleset with Ian's fix included [6MB version] )

Issue repro steps:
    1. loaded campaign with no extensions / modules loaded
    2. opened console (/console)
    3. opening export window (/export)

at that time console contains now
    Script Notice: Unknown resource string name : File name
    Script Notice: Unknown resource string name : Author
    Script Notice: Unknown resource string name : Merge ID
    Script Notice: Unknown resource string name : Thumbnail
    Script Notice: Unknown resource string name : Specify a file path relative to the application data directory as thumbnail
    Script Notice: Unknown resource string name : Exported data
    Script Notice: Unknown resource string name : Exported tokens
    4. entering the just "SW" in the following fields - name/ file name/ author / category
    5. selecting only NPCs (no tokens or any other topic selected)

now console contains new line
    Script Error: [string "classes/utilities/export.lua"]:123: export: Invalid parameters
    I've read on the first post that this was an earlier issue, but I suspect this has been reintroduced with the latest ruleset

Resolution
    To fully troubleshoot, I reverted to ruleset 2.2.1.b from the first post [9MB] and module export was successful

No big deal but i must admit the latest fix in the library display is helpful for beginners

No pressure to fix this, just so that you guys know: export = use 2.2.1b

Use the ruleset here (it includes Ian's fix and another module fix): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post387198
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 17th, 2018 at 15:08.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Use the ruleset here (it includes Ian's fix and another module fix): <removed>
    That's the one causing the export issue: filesize 6183kb
    I downloaded it again just to be safe, but same issue

whereas the 2.2.1.b (in 1st post, 9827kb) allows exports

Again no big deal, just have to make sure to switch ruleset before exporting
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 26th, 2018 at 01:11.

Try this one, v2.1.1c : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q6...n1kkIROz4cKrtC

The warnings will still be there - it's nothing to worry about. But the error should be gone. And the recent module fixes are included.

Happy to report that 2.1.1.c works for both library hierarchy and export feature

Thanks Trenloe

Just out of curiosity, seems you reused 2.1.1.a (from the db.xml) as a base for the version you posted in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post386541 (hence causing the rollback on the export bug fix), am i correct ?

Thread Information