DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 23 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Ok I have a dream !
    I have to make the port forwarding from my router to my computer (not betwen Linux and Wine)

Guillaume

Just found this App was hoping there would be a linux native client. May have to settle for the wine version

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyivanuk View Post
    Just found this App was hoping there would be a linux native client. May have to settle for the wine version
    You will for now. FGU is currently in open beta. It is planned to have a Linux build but it is not yet available.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Greetings all,

I'm playing around with getting FG to work on linux, specifically Ubuntu 18.04, inside a VMWare (v15) image.
    I followed all of the instructions on getting it set up with Wine inside PlayOnLinux and everything seemed to behave as expected.
    However, when I try to actually run FG, it throws a bunch of video errors, especially around DirectX.
    This is not surprising, since I am running in VWare, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has done this and knows what tweaks need to be made to the configuration for the display options in Wine/Playonlinux itself or to the instance of Ubuntu on vmware.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

-TT

Have you enabled Linux compatabiliy via the launcher settings menu, or are you unable to get that far? When I use fg on Linux I always install it via steam with proton enabled for all games then check that box in settings and it works just fine for me.
    Discord for my Games: https://discord.gg/4xD6AKu
    My Current Campaigns: Lilly's Dumpster Fire of Doom & A Lazy Sunday with Lilly
    If you want to help me out with subscriptions/mods/resources you can donate to my Paypal.me

I did not install it through Steam. I just followed the instruction from the OP.
    Do you recommend doing it through Steam instead?

It worked just fine for me. Worst case is some wasted time and data. Photon wasn't even a thing I believe when the op was written.
    If you want to help me out with subscriptions/mods/resources you can donate to my Paypal.me

Ok...I went in and installed Steam and installed FG through there using Proton 5.0-5.
    The first time I ran it, it took me to the normal setup screen when I enter in my cd key. I checked the box for linux compatibility, but left everything else as default.
    I goes in and does all the updates and completes, but when I try to actually launch it after that, either inside Steam or directly from the shortcut icon it places on the desktop, it seems like it is trying to launch, and then crashes after about 5-8 seconds with no message.
    My only concern is that I am leaving the install path to what it defaults to (C:\Program Files\....) which is, obviously, a windows format path vs. a linux format path.
    Should I change it? Is that what is preventing it from actually launching?

Have you checked the log files, to see if that will point you to the right direction?

Well, I tried, but since Steam seems to be creating a virtual file system that looks like a windows file system, I am having difficulty finding exactly where the log files are. I've been searching all over, but I can't seem to locate them. Where should I start looking?

Thread Information