5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    I'm not sure what is going on there but the Fire Snake has itself targetted and the PC also has themself targetted. As you can see in my screenshot the IMMUNE: fire and RESIST: fire is working on both the NPC and the PC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok. So how does the Resistance work then? Do I need to try and target the player that is hitting the enemy with the enemies resistance effect? Or is it supposed to work automatically. Is there maybe some kind of toggle in the DM options that I need to turn on?

A PC will target an NPC and roll the Damage dice. If the target has resistance or immunity to the damage type dealt then FG will handle it correctly. Same the other way around; if an NPC targets a PC with resistance or immunity the damage will be reduced. In my screen shot the test character targeted the fire drake and then hit it with fire damage. Since the fire drake is immune to fire it took no damage, the fire drake hit the test character with fire but since the character resists fire it only took half damage.

So basically you target as normal, roll attacks and damage as normal and provided the correct effects are in place FG will handle the resistance or immunity automatically.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Are you using any extensions? Maybe one of those is impacting resistances and immunities?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Fixed it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    A PC will target an NPC and roll the Damage dice. If the target has resistance or immunity to the damage type dealt then FG will handle it correctly. Same the other way around; if an NPC targets a PC with resistance or immunity the damage will be reduced. In my screen shot the test character targeted the fire drake and then hit it with fire damage. Since the fire drake is immune to fire it took no damage, the fire drake hit the test character with fire but since the character resists fire it only took half damage.

So basically you target as normal, roll attacks and damage as normal and provided the correct effects are in place FG will handle the resistance or immunity automatically.

I believe it might have been caused by the first letter being capitalized. After I changed that it started working. Thanks for the response.

Thread Information