5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 78 of 158 First ... 2868767778798088128 ... Last
    'Nother Wacom user here. But I know most of my group has some sort of tablet at home.
    - Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Blog Entries
    I have a jar full of Advil tablets in my medicine cabinet.... is that what you mean?

Just kidding!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Heh, seems we have a side-wacome discussion here.

Wacom won't need support, if you have a large map area that makes it easy to draw on, that's pretty much all you need. Vector graphics isn't specific to wacoms as it is simply the smartphone to FG's hand-held-phone-box for bitmap reliant drawings which do horrible with zoom.

FG probably won't support 'map as the background' which would be ideal for wacom users. FG traditionally also has a bunch of screen bloat that interferes with this.

As a GM heavily invested in Fantasy Grounds there are a few areas of improvements that I would like to see moving forwards, these being:

- Better drawing tools.
    - Better icon management. Quite often players have issues with multi stacked icons/effects. It would be useful to attach circles to icons (with the ability to hide/show) for area of effects.
    - Some interface management.... Maybe a tab control to cycle through the open windows. It would be helpful for both GM as well as players as I quite often hear "2 secs I am looking for window X, its somewhere under my map". Maybe a popup list of all open windows to select from, which can be ordered/filtered by a tick box.

One of the worst things about FG .... scratch that..... VTT games is the setup time between encounters, especially if its a none pre-planned encounter (wandering monster/free form stype). This is where the GM is prepping a map and encounters, whilst FG does a good job at minimalising this time there still is a "dead period" where the GM is busy but the players are not aware. In a face to face game the players can see the GM prepping the encounter/drawing a map (stock maps?)/..etc. This is where players need to understand that some prep work is required, it doesnt take any longer than in face to face games (it might actually be quicker), and for new GM's/Players this can be frustrating. To avoid this it can be useful to have a small 5 min break for the players whilst the GM does this....
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    To avoid this it can be useful to have a small 5 min break for the players whilst the GM does this....
    Personally, I plan on putting the Final Jeopardy theme on an auto loop for the players' listening enjoyment.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhound View Post
    Personally, I plan on putting the Final Jeopardy theme on an auto loop for the players' listening enjoyment.
    Was going to suggest that...

Also, btw a Wacom owner (which is more accurate to say than user since got for Xmas and haven’t had time to really experiment with it.) I figure that a “robust” in game mapping utility would be a great post release feature if it was in the SW skill set + compatible with engine. It could be an add-on/dlc for those who want it. It would be completely new work in any event. The old (better) tools would exist, but this would be a way to interface tablets to FGU.

At least that’s my thoughts and it would give them yet another small/limited (due to number who would get and have drawing tablets) revenue stream for FGU post development. Heck, maybe you can work something out in promotion with Wacom/bamboo/whoever makes these.

Blog Entries
    I will add 'Wacom support for maps' to the official feature request list if it's not already there!

I think just an easy way to make skins will be huge advantage as well...
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thowing my two cents in regarding the pricing discussion from a couple of pages back.

I do trust SW to do the right thing, however I also will drop fantasygrounds without a second thought if FG:U moves to a subscription only model.

As it is I own every 5e module and a few Pathfinder modules, originally with the intent to get more but honestly with 2.0 on the horizon I can wait on that.

I couldn't justify spending that money if I didn't see it as a long term purchase, especially as it means that I am buying the same product thrice these days (here, beyond and physical)
    I certainly wouldn't be pushing so many other people into buying licenses or encouraging others to DM in FG.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Thowing my two cents in regarding the pricing discussion from a couple of pages back.

I do trust SW to do the right thing, however I also will drop fantasygrounds without a second thought if FG:U moves to a subscription only model.

As it is I own every 5e module and a few Pathfinder modules, originally with the intent to get more but honestly with 2.0 on the horizon I can wait on that.

I couldn't justify spending that money if I didn't see it as a long term purchase, especially as it means that I am buying the same product thrice these days (here, beyond and physical)
    I certainly wouldn't be pushing so many other people into buying licenses or encouraging others to DM in FG.
    highly doubt they would do that.
    one time purchase has been working for them.

Thread Information