FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by mir2 View Post
    Just thinking that for some applications - for example when you are just using a second notebook/pad as live map and movement/exploration tool (with everybody sitting at the table) - a mode where you live feed what the screen sees would be cool. This can include images (of monsters etc.) you share and then also close remotely.
    As Zacchaeus says, this functionality is present already. Share images, records, etc. and then remotely close them by unsharing - click the small share icon next to the record in the campaign data list: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...aign_Data_List
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    FG remembers the last position of each window you have opened between sessions. Unless you are talking about the Chat window and dice tower with which there is an issue and which is addressed in the next patch.
    Do you by any chance have a date for the mentioned patch? Is there somewhere a public bug tracker or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Speculi View Post
    Do you by any chance have a date for the mentioned patch? Is there somewhere a public bug tracker or something like that?
    The Laboratory sub-forum is the place to look. v3.3.8 is the current version in beta test: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v3-3-8
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

EDIT:
    Okay it looks like it is a one time fee to upgrade to Unity.

What does forward compatibility entail?
    I'm hoping that means new versions of the same thing (like a manual) will automatically be upgraded with the Unity purchase?
    Last edited by Yehudah; July 22nd, 2019 at 21:28.

New products designed for Unity will work on Classic.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    New products designed for Unity will work on Classic.
    I'm not sure that's true.

One of the main goals in FG Unity is to make all FC Classic material to be as compatible as possible work with FG Unity - so that everyone can move forwards to FG Unity without losing purchases, community extensions/rulesets, ongoing campaigns can migrate, etc.. I'm not sure that any new products designed specifically for FG Unity will work on FG Classic.

I might be wrong, but this is what I recall from the KS videos with Q&A. From the definition - forward compatibility is a feature of the product to be compatible with future version of itself. I presume this is possible because of the design decision to keep the LUA and XML as building blocks for a ruleset. Based on what I remembered from Doug, this is going to be the case while FG Classic is officially supported. After they pull the plug of FGC, there is no guarantee that a product developed afterwards will work on FGC.

Which makes sense for me - it is good to have two versions work side by side until the user community is ready. I am pretty sure not all went FGU as you and I during KS and some will need time to evaluate the upgrade via videos or using the demo. I know at least two people who wait me to run games for them before they upgrade.
    Last edited by Valyar; July 23rd, 2019 at 05:22.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hi can someone tell me how to subscribe to the newsletter? I'm trying to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
    Hi can someone tell me how to subscribe to the newsletter? I'm trying to find it.
    https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrou...0265896690345/

Thanks again! Someone on Discord showed it to me. You guys are such a great community!!

Thread Information