FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    I'm curious as to how many users are closely watching this thread for FGU news? (...)
    I'm coming here regularly in order to double check if there are some news about it. I learned to control my anxiety and I'm waiting for official news patiently. I'm enjoying FG running Savage Worlds games. My wishes for FGU is a native 64 bits macOS app with improvements on networking and memory usage but I can wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    I'm curious as to how many users are closely watching this thread for FGU news?
    I'm not closely watching, but I am subscribed and read everything written. Quite looking forward to FGU but trying not to be too impatient.

Any chance of Augmented Reality for Fantasy Grounds?

Watch KS video @ 2:45ff (from a kickstarter): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...asters-archive

What a gimmick
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Gimmick or... the future? It shows how you can mesh reality with fantasy which is pretty much the foundation of fantasy games. However, this would mesh painted miniatures with the virtual reality of in-game assets. Since FGU is Unity 3D based, I wonder if this ‘gimmick’ is something FGU already has on their roadmap, or whether it would be a ‘new’ feature? I think it would make it a lot more fun for players who like to paint their own miniatures, to be able to bring those minis into an FGU game... without losing the leverage that digital assets provide (monsters, maps, etc.).

And all you have to do is view the map area through your tiny phone display and hold the phone in front of you for the several hour long game session...

A TV in the table, or video projector above table make a lot more sense. No, you don't get the 3D aspect, but it is actually usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    Nothing in the message you quoted suggested ignoring FGU. You're either agreeing with something not stated, or quoting the wrong message.
    He was quoting me cuz of my sig. But sigs aren't included in the quote.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

I think the interesting bit about it is that the minis and (physical) landscape work for local players, and the video works for remote players (and audience if you publically stream or record for audience). In other words, the system he proposes is a more comprehensive approach for those who would like to mesh physical with digital.

Now for an AI dice reader, and I (we?) can keep using our dice collection(s)!-)

Blog Entries
    Yes AR will be in the future of RPGs. For some people. But it won't be feasible for at least a decade, and more realistically 3 decades.

The big challenge is not the technology, it is already here if you are willing to pay licensing costs. And licensing costs are not cheap. The second hurdle is content. i.e. walls and tables and chairs. Until the content is readily available for cheap/free, gamers are not going to pay for it or spend 2 hours to model a chair or table. The third, as mentioned, is practicality. AR through a phone or tablet is not something conducive to long play sessions. When holo projectors become reasonable and effective, then you can have a play environment that is conducive to AR.

As for AR in FGU, not for many many years. Their is so much else that is so much more important and provides a better ROI.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

However, VR ( not AR ) can and is starting to be done now. Not in FG but for Table Top RPG's

Thread Information