STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    I know this is not going to be the first iteration of FGU but I'm dreaming of it: https://youtu.be/bSAasp4IQAk
    Top down animated 3D map *_________*
    That link you posted was not really a 3d "top down animated map". The creator of those maps is creating 2d video maps using 3d software.

FGU could certainly support maps like that if they supported video maps. This came up recently, and we were basically told it's not happening any time soon.

I know I finally purchased FG after Smitworks acquired Carl (and TableTop Connect) to support their effort to modernize... and hoped that meant that Carl's light, vision, 3d support, and map-building toolset would be "coming soon" to FGU. But I think the reality is that their DLC expansion/focus was also exploding around the same time. What FGU might be able to do desn't really seem to be their focus right now. Getting out a rock-solid Unity-based FG "emulator" is. It appears that Carl's hands have been somewhat tied by that... but LoS, screen effects, 64 bit support, and advanced map building tools have already been teased... so anyway you slice it, even if FGU isn't going to be the ultimate hybrid lovechild of Tabletop Connect and FG any time soon, it's going to be a massive upgrade.

Of course I was dreaming of realtime rendering. Not a simple video. I know those are just videos but we also know the direction TableTop Connect was taking. I also know that Smiteworks is focusing more on different features and that's why "I'm dreaming of it". I know it's going to be just a dream for years.

I'm dreaming that FGu just comes out... This thread is 4 years old and we haven't seen much.. a couple of teaser videos... Be nice to actually get something to actually use. LoS is the main reason I don't use FG's, but also 64bit support, larger maps, etc, etc, etc.. 4 years is a very long time to wait for this. It's to bad because I think with all of these things, Fantasy Grounds would be hands down the best VTT on the market, and not even close.

Fyn

^true. My friend had the tabletop connect alpha, but that was years and years ago. Star Citizen may come out before FGU at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by chopkins779 View Post
    ^true. My friend had the tabletop connect alpha, but that was years and years ago. Star Citizen may come out before FGU at this point.
    It gets memed on a lot but starcitizen is making really good progress this year and has pretty much hit every goal as they have arrived.
    Took a while, but it really does seem to be in a healthy place development wise.

Oh gosh, Star citizen and their 200 dollar pre-order early access ships.

Blog Entries
    Star Citizen? Oh, the Kickstarter from over 5 years ago that has raised over $190 million USD and still hasn't delivered more than a few alpha concept games? And that's "healthy"?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Star Citizen? Oh, the Kickstarter from over 5 years ago that has raised over $190 million USD and still hasn't delivered more than a few alpha concept games? And that's "healthy"?
    The comllex mmo that keeps releasing new technology before other games and has done a heck of a lot in 5 years, the one that for the last 10 odd months has been great at keeping to dates set and steadily releasing features.
    Keep in mind exactly how long mmo development cycles usually are.

Regardless of your personal feelings to the time, the fact is that they are doing well atm. I quallified my statements quite clearly, it was "as of this year".
    Anyway as this isn't the place for this argument I leave me comments at this.

I'm curious if FGU will have playing card support for games. If it doesn't I'll run on another platform for RPGs that incorporate decks (ie: weave society). I know about the deck-as-a-table trick, but the aesthetic of drawing and playing cards is part of the game, more than a random gen (the same argument can be made about FG's 'superior' physics dice).

I'm with Ken on this one, I wouldn't play computer solitaire without the animated cards, so random gen just ain't the same
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Thread Information