5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

LFP: Weird Wars Rome [Savage Worlds]

Weird Wars Rome is a military horror setting for Savage Worlds. Players take on the role of legionnaires in the Roman army who face the horrors of war and the resulting "weird" that come from it.
    In 142 A.D. The Romans began the construction of the Antonine Wall in Caledonia (Scotland). This was the second wall in the territory, pushing further north than Hadrian's Wall along the border between Britannia and Caledonia.
    Eight years later, you are part of Legio IV stationed in Caledonia and manning one of the sixteen forts along the wall still in construction used to protect the border. You are far from home and you might become "Boared to Death".

I've got two spots left for this one-shot on Thursday June 19th at 7pm to 9:30pm EDT (UTC-4/New York). The plan is to kick the tires on this setting and find players I like to game with. I plan on starting a new campaign in this time slot later this summer. So consider it a feeler. Turns out players don't like the GM and GM doesn't like some players sometime. So before everybody commits to something I'm giving myself and the players the chance to see if there's chemistry.
    We will be using pre-gens and the community's TS server for voice chat. So you don't need to prep for anything. Just have a mic/headset (there's only one thing I hate worst than echo and it's the echo of my own voice! lol) and show up. Connection information will forwarded to everybody once the group for this session is put together.

Attachment 6790

Sign up on this calendar to RSVP: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1204

If you have any questions, use this thread or pm me.
    Last edited by Mask_of_winter; June 16th, 2014 at 01:41.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Oooooohh god. It's gonna be fun because I'll be there. It's gonna be fun because you'll be there. It's gonna be fun because you, hesitant future teamate, is gonna join the army, NOW !

Hey Mask, is being "Boared to Death" the thing where actual boars trample you to death because the wilderness is too wild ? Or you meant ''bored'', as in ''not being trampled to death because there's nothing hapenning''

Blog Entries
    Good question. I guess you'll find out Thursday my friend muahahaha muahahaha
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

This sounds like fun. I like the day/time as well, though I've never played in the Savage Worlds rule set.

I did have a question: As I'm unfamiliar with the setting itself, where might it be within the historic <-> fantastic scale? It won't change my interest. I'm just curious.

Blog Entries
    Writers have done their research. So it's based on historical events. And then the setting fills in the blanks with evil mages, undead, druids, angry spirits and demons, cults like the Horns of Baal, etc...

Sounds like an awesome game! I've played pnp SW before, but this will be my first FG game!

You'll have Fun Drater, Mask is a good GM.

I have not tried SW before but have played D&D and pathfinder plenty. I would be interested in trying it out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbutu View Post
    Hey Mask, is being "Boared to Death" the thing where actual boars trample you to death because the wilderness is too wild ? Or you meant ''bored'', as in ''not being trampled to death because there's nothing hapenning''
    Spoiler alert! Take a sneak peek at the screenshot...

Blog Entries
    Hi dragonbait! Right now, it appears this game is full. In the event that someone drops out, you're the first in line!

And welcome Drater and Old Man Trouble! Looking forward to game with you.

Thread Information