DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

RotRL conversion for FGII

Hello, I want to convert my Rise of the Runelords modules to FGII, any 'easy' way to do this? Are there PF tutorials that show how? I know the creature, trap stuff will be the most difficult. TIA

I am in the process of writing up Burnt Offerings right now. If there is an easy way to do it (easier than manually entering info) I haven't found it, I am just entering everything by hand. I followed alot of the 'creating a module' advice in the downloads section, just any of the campaign creation type stuff and from reading threads in the forums.
    I missed you every day of my life... Nathan... and every day of yours.
    -Scott Summers

Atlantic Time Zone (GMT -4)
    Old School Gamer

Using the creature parser will significantly decrease the amount of time it takes to get NPC data from the PDF into Fantasy Grounds: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15475

Are you using the original (3.5e) RotRL or the Anniversary Edition (Pathfinder)? The creature parser is specifically for Pathfinder statblocks, not 3.5e.

If using the Anniversary edition, Paizo decided to change the statblock presentation at the beginning of the NPC statblock. This breaks the creature parser (which is written based on the published Paizo statblock standard), but can be easily fixed with a bit of manual manipulation with the first few lines of each statblock. Even with this extra editing you'll save lots of time.

For example, simply copying from the Anniversary PDF and pasting into a text file, the start of a statblock will appear as:
    Code:
    GOBLIN WARCHANTER XP
    CR
    1/2
    HP
    Goblin bard 1 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 156)
    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid)
    Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
    This is not the correct format for the parser, it needs to look like this:
    Code:
    GOBLIN WARCHANTER   CR 1/2
    XP 200
    Goblin bard 1 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 156)
    NE Small humanoid (goblinoid)
    Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
    Basically, remove the HP entry at the beginning of the statblock and make sure the first 2 lines are:
    Code:
    <NPC/Creature Name>   <CR>
    XP XXXX
    Then the usual statblock follows.

Give it a go and let me know if you have any questions/issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice, thanks Trenloe. I downloaded the parser a week or so ago but I havent gotten into it yet. So far just worked on images, maps and items. I have both the original that I bought (just the BO part) and then I picked up the anniversary edition, which is what I am using now. You might have just saved me from some trouble.
    -Scott Summers

Old School Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark of Stark
    You might have just saved me from some trouble.
    No worries - glad to help.

Also, NPC statblocks are covered by the Open Gaming Licence (OGL) - so you can share NPC only modules you create with other people. There sounds like there are at least 2 people working on these modules so the NPC conversion work could be shared...

You can't share maps, images, story entries, etc. (basically all the other stuff you'll enter in FG) as these are product identity and not covered by the OGL.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    No worries - glad to help.

Also, NPC statblocks are covered by the Open Gaming Licence (OGL) - so you can share NPC only modules you create with other people. There sounds like there are at least 2 people working on these modules so the NPC conversion work could be shared...

You can't share maps, images, story entries, etc. (basically all the other stuff you'll enter in FG) as these are product identity and not covered by the OGL.
    I want to thank you also. Will work on this over the weekend.

I am in the process of writing up Burnt Offerings right now. If there is an easy way to do it (easier than manually entering info) I haven't found it, I am just entering everything by hand. I followed alot of the 'creating a module' advice in the downloads section, just any of the campaign creation type stuff and from reading threads in the forums.
    Mark, maybe I can work on the next set of NPCs and we can exchange... let me know.

Sounds like a good idea. But to be fair this is my first campaign I am putting together so its all fairly new to me. I am hoping to have it done soon but I can't promise anything sicne I am kinda fumbling my way through and learning as I go.
    -Scott Summers

Old School Gamer

Sounds like a good idea. But to be fair this is my first campaign I am putting together so its all fairly new to me. I am hoping to have it done soon but I can't promise anything sicne I am kinda fumbling my way through and learning as I go.
    I can work on the Skinsaw Murders NPCs...

I'm also planning on starting a Pathfinder RotR campaign soon, so I'd be very happy to contribute to (and benefit from) this project.

Thread Information