FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Update for BRP?

Update for BRP?

Just wondering if, whomever works on these rules, was planning on updating them for Release 2.9.2? A lot more could be done to bring it up to par with the other systems out there (e.g. the extended radial icon). In fact players could probably start a wish list!
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I take it from your smiley that you saw the wishlist here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17495

I don't think anyone is actively working on this ruleset. There have been a few people who have expressed interest but I'm sure RL has gotten in the way. I think the other problem is that there are quite a few d100 variations (Legend, RQ2 thru RQ6, OQ etc) now, it is unclear which one would be best to develop.

The original programmer for this ruleset doesn't work on it anymore. I know there are a few little bugs with BRP, and it would be nice to get those ironed out, but it is going to take a community effort. I wish I knew something about the programming and could help out.

The flexibiity of the system, allows you to access Glorantha 2e RQ2e Stormbringer, Superpowers or whatnot. I was more curious about fixing the "dated" features, The radial menus, and the general interface to the program. I've heard that Chaosium expunged pretty much all of their games save for CoC. And the last expansion for it was Rome: Life and Death of the Republic in 2011. I assume they still hold the copyright on the system (otherwise this wouldn't have come up) but if no-one is willing to take up the mantle, I will. I can't guarantee it will be fast, but I *can* guarantee it will get done. Eventually.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Chaosium is in the process of wrapping up Magic World and Advanced Sorcery so they haven't given up on it, but they tend to be on the slow side

https://basicroleplaying.com/magic-w...-sorcery-3182/

Quote Originally Posted by S Ferguson
    And the last expansion for it was Rome: Life and Death of the Republic in 2011.
    I had more expansions planned in 2012, but I had to give priority to print/PDF products.

As for updates and such, I would do it myself but the financial result is not remunerative if compared on working on a product in classic format. Time is a constraint, and you have to prioritize what yields the best results. Which is a pity, as I had better expectations for FG-released products.

I understand completely; I myself have to priotize work and "fun."Well now that Magic Worlds is out, perhaps more people will step up to the plate.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Step up to the plate? If its that or its abandonware, I'll put my name into the hat...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspoticus View Post
    Step up to the plate? If its that or its abandonware, I'll put my name into the hat...
    Excellent, there wasn't much point until FG 3 was released.

Indeed - I did contemplate "stepping up to the plate" last year, but given Smiteworks have worked hard to FG3, and the new "core" ruleset to extend from, it seemed pointless to reinvent the wheel.

Can't see myself having time to do the development early 2014 however, but as a BRP ruleset owner, I'd be very happy to see an updated version.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    Indeed - I did contemplate "stepping up to the plate" last year, but given Smiteworks have worked hard to FG3, and the new "core" ruleset to extend from, it seemed pointless to reinvent the wheel.

Can't see myself having time to do the development early 2014 however, but as a BRP ruleset owner, I'd be very happy to see an updated version.
    I've already been attempting to make some changes/adds to the ruleset. Here's some of my goals:

1. Add sizable window support. Not being to resize windows (including Chat) is a pain
    2. Fix the Image Viewer -- its a fixed dimension and makes images look really wonky when viewed.
    3. And probably the hardest, give the players BACK the ability to open/close shared images at will.

As far as the "Core" ruleset goes, I'm not convinced its the way to go (given that I've seen zero documentation on it)

Thread Information