DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Another great way to find what you're looking for across multiple files is the "Find in files" functionality in a number of text editors. A few people on these forums use Notepad++ (a GPL multiple-document text editor with text highlighting for LUA and XML files and xml plugins) which has this search in files facility. The search result window even allows you to double-click on the specific result and it will open up the relevant document - at the line which you clicked on. Very, very handy for tracking down where FG functionality is coded and referenced.
    +1 - wouldn't code FGII stuff without it.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Deprecated thread but is there a reason Fantasy Grounds doesn't allow customization of rotation for it's tokens? Seems something that should be in-built?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    Deprecated thread but is there a reason Fantasy Grounds doesn't allow customization of rotation for it's tokens? Seems something that should be in-built?
    It does allow customisation of the rotation, and this is mentioned in post #3 of this thread. The API command is detailed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...ientationCount
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is not an "option" or "setting in FG - this is altering code directly. Not the same thing.

Stitched, what ruleset are you wanting this for? If it isn't a requirement in the relevant rules, you are unlikely to see this, as providing a user-friendly implementation in the user interface is a non-trivial affair.

Using 5e - trying to find the entry in the ruleset and Notepad++ isn't finding any reference.

If it were required, it would already be there. If it isn't then I would argue that since you are the first to ask (that I know of), it isn't worth doing. Forgive me, but I am not a5e guy.

Reading other threads, it sounded like it was added to the Foundation Core...strange that it doesn't exist across the board.

It isn't in most ruleset so why should it be? FG can do it, but, as I said, an easy-to-use interface is non-trivial and therefore since most don't care about it, it doesn't exist any the more popular rulesets as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    This is not an "option" or "setting in FG - this is altering code directly. Not the same thing.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, but for me "customization" usually refers to altering code. "Configuration" is normally used to refer to available options, such as the FG campaign options: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options

Anyway, that's just semantics - glad you've clarified what you were actually looking for.

You won't find a reference to this in the ruleset because all image controls will use the default. Oh, and it will be in CoreRPG, not 5E - because 5E is built on top of CoreRPG.

There's a setTokenOrientationMode call in the onInit function of the CoreRPG campaign\scripts\images.lua file. You could try adding in a setTokenOrientationCount command at the same point, with the default parameter you're looking for. But this would be a set value for all images, you'd need to do more coding if you wanted to change it on a image-by-image basis.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information