DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Images Folder

Images Folder

Is there any way to make sub folders in the images folder like you can for tokens?

I would really like to have a folder for people, places, items, maps, etc... Instead of everything on 1 giant list. I tried putting sub folders in and the images all still just show in the main images list....

The giant list can be decomposed within Fantasy Grounds. Check the entries about categories in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide/books.xcp.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ionofrao
    Is there any way to make sub folders in the images folder like you can for tokens?

I would really like to have a folder for people, places, items, maps, etc... Instead of everything on 1 giant list. I tried putting sub folders in and the images all still just show in the main images list....
    You can use Groups. Right click on bottom of the Main Images List window (literally on the scroll) and select the Add New Group icon (4 o'clock).

Now drag your images to the appropriate Tabs and you can sort them this way. They will still all be in one folder at the filesystem level but will be nicely sorted in FG2.

You can name the Groups by entering the name in the chat window and dragging it to the appropriate tab.

Wow thanks Zephp, thats exactly what I was looking for !

Quote Originally Posted by zephp
    You can use Groups. Right click on bottom of the Main Images List window (literally on the scroll) and select the Add New Group icon (4 o'clock).

Now drag your images to the appropriate Tabs and you can sort them this way. They will still all be in one folder at the filesystem level but will be nicely sorted in FG2.

You can name the Groups by entering the name in the chat window and dragging it to the appropriate tab.

I group images by both FG groups and corresponding file system folders, but I'm a newb and I'm not sure it's recommended.

Create a sub-folder in ...Fantasy Grounds\campaign name\Images. Let's call it The Lidless Eye. I dump all the images I've created for my module into the ...Fantasy Grounds\campaign name\Images\The Lidless Eye subfolder. Switch to FG. The images I just added appear under the New group. I create a new image group called The Lidless Eye and drag the images from New group into The Lidless Eye group. Voila. The images are organized at both the database level and corresponding filesystem level.
    Last edited by fouber; January 12th, 2019 at 08:49.

10 years later...

It’s not recommended to put images in sub folders of the campaign images directory. Whereas it might appear to work, it’s not designed that way and could give issues down the line.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Rise.... Rise.... Rise....
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Sorry I necro'd an old post. Since my response is more of a question than an answer, just think of it as a new post with added background information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fouber View Post
    Sorry I necro'd an old post. Since my response is more of a question than an answer, just think of it as a new post with added background information.
    So yea, the answer then is sub-folders are not recommended and may cause issues since they are not explicitly coded for.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

To sort your pictures, prefix them with e.g. map_, monster_, image_, or whatever you can think of. It helps when you later have 100 or more pictures in this folder and want to search sth.

Thread Information