PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for Friday night Savage Worlds Game

Waldo Pepper
January 4th, 2008, 20:50
We're now recruiting for the game that will be taking the place of Pinebox, TX. We will playing a Sci-Fi setting I've been developing using the Savage Worlds rules. I can fit up to 4 more players into the group.

We play every other Friday, with the first session taking place on January 18th.
Starting time is 19:00 GMT and runs until about 22:00 GMT.

PM me if you're interested. :)

DarkStar
January 4th, 2008, 21:17
Sci-Fi like in space travel, or more like cyberpunk genre, or something else?

Sgain
January 4th, 2008, 22:33
hmmm I did a little work in Pinebox myself recently for the 12 to Midnight folks...could that be what you're talking about Waldo? If so, its a great campaign (even though it sort of died out in terms of playtesting).

Have fun!

Waldo Pepper
January 5th, 2008, 10:58
The game will be a hard-science setting but without getting too techie - while it's sci-fi, once again my focus is on the characters and their activities rather than the equipment. The feel is probably going to be something along the lines of Firefly but with a variety of aliens thrown in. A lot of the history and technology is based on the Star*Drive setting for Alternity while some of the races have been borrowed from Star Frontiers. In other words it's a combination of what I like about a lot of different settings.

The premise for the game is a crashed spaceship so it's going to be a little like the TV show "Lost." It's something I've had in development for a couple months and was going to use with my local gaming group but have decided to roll out here instead.

hmmm I did a little work in Pinebox myself recently for the 12 to Midnight folks...could that be what you're talking about Waldo? If so, its a great campaign (even though it sort of died out in terms of playtesting).
No, it was a campaign I started running on Friday nights catering to the European SW players. It started very strong but it's been suffering from player attrition lately: I went from a core of 4 regular players, down to 3, and then down to 2. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but in this case the campaign was built around the premise that the group was a gang of high school kids: The individuals were pretty weak but the group was strong. Unfortunately the group has now become essentially non-existent and recruiting a whole new group only to have 1/2 of them disappear (because that's the typical attrition you get for online games IME) was going to be too frustrating.

I will revive the game someday because it worked amazingly well - in 20+ years of GMing I don't think I've ever had a group gel so fast or the setting feel so real, so quickly. It just has to wait until I've found a core of reliable players that we can use.

trnorris
January 6th, 2008, 03:08
Assuming nothing weird happens with my work schedule, I could make this. I'll send a PM along a bit later with any questions I come up with.

Waldo Pepper
January 8th, 2008, 07:37
It looks like I'm now at capacity again. :)

Waldo Pepper
February 1st, 2008, 21:12
I now have room for 1-2 more players in my bi-weekly Friday night game.
Times are 19:00-22:00 GMT every other Friday night. We're playing a sci-fi game using the SW ruleset in which all the PCs are survivors stranded on a mysterious moon. PM me if you're interested in joining.

Waldo Pepper
February 23rd, 2008, 07:03
Time for another bump: We've expanded the concept and I can fit a couple more players in who are interested in playing. We play from 8pm -11pm GMT every other Friday. PM if you're interested.