PDA

View Full Version : Official Starfinder RPG Bug Report Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

superteddy57
October 16th, 2020, 21:31
Please post bugs related to the ruleset here. Please provide as much detail as possible. This would include steps taken before bug/error appears and images of the console output or issue. Also please ensure you are disabling all extensions and testing again prior to reporting bugs/errors. If this resolves the issue, then it would be best to report the issue in the extension's thread instead.

When reporting please use the tips from this post to help give as much information as needed:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

Samarex
October 16th, 2020, 23:59
The source books were also updated to match the updated ruleset.
Due to things being pushed ahead of schedule not all of them got completed,
Pact Worlds (should be done today) and AA3 (with luck Monday) are being updated.

Core Rules, AA1, AA2, Armory, Characters Operations Manual, and Near Space were all updated.

Edited: Pact Worlds has been updated

Evolivolution
October 17th, 2020, 01:39
Hey I just looked around a bit for now, no real testing. Here is what I found: I can't find the little star in the weapon damage edtior and I don't know if you guys got around to do this but the formula isn't changed (I talked about it with superteddy (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62494-New-Update-in-Testing&p=548235&viewfull=1#post548235)). Second thing I found right away is in the ship build point summary. You've made it so that it automaticaly updates (I assume), but I also can't edit this one. Problems with this: I have these empty lines (40270), they kept popping up on the old version (haven't tried to replicate for the new version) and now I can't delete them. That's not that big of an issue if they don't show up anymore in the new version but if this keeps happening this will get really annoying really fast. I don't know where they came from btw haven't done too much testing with spaceships all together. Now the secon issue would be the installation of additional weapon mounts onto your ship which cost BP (CRB.305), I've just put it into the list in the past that's no longer possible.

EDIT: I found out that the Built Point Summary doesn't actually delete anything. I quickly threw in a system and deleted it but it stays in the summary.

superteddy57
October 17th, 2020, 03:17
You may have to recreate the ship in question. I have seen occurrences where systems are not being removed on ships that were made prior to the update. Please try re-creating the ship and see it's functionality then for me.

Also, was not able to implement those changes we talked about. Will be considered for another update. Currently trying to update the Actions tab and fine tune the parsing engine.

Evolivolution
October 17th, 2020, 13:33
Should I maybe make another list like this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60775-My-ideas-on-the-SFRPG-ruleset) including starships this time? Idk if that was all that helpful. Last time I made it for the automation poll but there is bugs, feedback, opinions and other stuff in there, which is why I'm not sure if it would fit in this thread. I could also update the old one.

Evolivolution
October 17th, 2020, 13:51
You may have to recreate the ship in question. I have seen occurrences where systems are not being removed on ships that were made prior to the update. Please try re-creating the ship and see it's functionality then for me.

So I did recreate the ship. It does correctly adjust BP now if I create or delete an item, the issue with the added or upgraded weapon mounts persists but I guess I can work around it by adding these items manually. Although now I found a different issue; when calculating PCU consumtion it factors in the Drift Engine 40282, although a drift enginge just has a minimum PCU the ship needs to provide in total and no consumption (at least thats how I always understood it, correct me if I'm wrong). CRB.298 for reference here.

deer_buster
October 17th, 2020, 14:58
I can't find the little star in the weapon damage edtior

It's just to the left of the "Crit" value on the attack line when you go to view the weapon details with the magnifying glass, at least in FGC

EDIT: Just checked FGU, it's there too

Evolivolution
October 17th, 2020, 15:03
Idk it isn't for me 40283

EDIT: I looked it up for all my PCs and even tried to create new weapons but nothing worked

I'm on FGU

Curuthanir
October 17th, 2020, 17:25
Minor issue, but an issue nonetheless. With the CRB and the Pact Worlds modules loaded, there is no entry for the starship item Heavy Shield 480 (CRB p302). Screenshot attached.

pauljmendoza
October 17th, 2020, 23:57
Character creation for me is very weirdly broken for me today, no error messages, but each addition of a class for leveling it adds the theme ability bonus again, so three levels of Soldier adds +1 strength if a Mercenary theme, or +3 dexterity if a space pirate theme.

mkillroy
October 17th, 2020, 23:58
Fantasy Grounds Unity
recreating sunrise maiden
Adding an extra weapon mount and giving it a BP of 3 doesn't reflect in the Build total.
No way to turn off drift engine so PCU shows over budget.
Some of the auto stuff isn't working. For example, I assigned a pilot and the AC and TL aren't updating to reflect that.

Samarex
October 18th, 2020, 00:55

EDIT: I looked it up for all my PCs and even tried to create new weapons but nothing worked

I'm on FGU

What ver of the Ruleset is reported in chat when you load the game.? If it's not 2.1.5 then look in your ruleset folder and make sure you don't have a SFRPG folder.

superteddy57
October 18th, 2020, 01:00
Should I maybe make another list like this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60775-My-ideas-on-the-SFRPG-ruleset) including starships this time? Idk if that was all that helpful. Last time I made it for the automation poll but there is bugs, feedback, opinions and other stuff in there, which is why I'm not sure if it would fit in this thread. I could also update the old one.

You may if you wish.

So I did recreate the ship. It does correctly adjust BP now if I create or delete an item, the issue with the added or upgraded weapon mounts persists but I guess I can work around it by adding these items manually. Although now I found a different issue; when calculating PCU consumtion it factors in the Drift Engine 40282, although a drift enginge just has a minimum PCU the ship needs to provide in total and no consumption (at least thats how I always understood it, correct me if I'm wrong). CRB.298 for reference here.

A system to turn off systems was half implemented prior with the creation of the ruleset and was never completed. Instead of leaving it unfinished and other bugs taking priority, I decided to remove it till a working system could be implemented.

I'm on FGU

I am seeing it as well on both FGU and FGC. I will double check to ensure the files were not updated and pushed.

Character creation for me is very weirdly broken for me today, no error messages, but each addition of a class for leveling it adds the theme ability bonus again, so three levels of Soldier adds +1 strength if a Mercenary theme, or +3 dexterity if a space pirate theme.

I've verified this as well and will be looked into.

Fantasy Grounds Unity
recreating sunrise maiden
Adding an extra weapon mount and giving it a BP of 3 doesn't reflect in the Build total.
No way to turn off drift engine so PCU shows over budget.
Some of the auto stuff isn't working. For example, I assigned a pilot and the AC and TL aren't updating to reflect that.

I tested this with a character with 1 rank of piloting from the skills tab and it added their ranks to the AC and TL when moved into the pilot role. Please test again and report the steps you are taking to adding the character to the role and what ranks that character has in piloting as that is the number it pulls for the AC and TL.

Samarex
October 18th, 2020, 01:15
Minor issue, but an issue nonetheless. With the CRB and the Pact Worlds modules loaded, there is no entry for the starship item Heavy Shield 480 (CRB p302). Screenshot attached.

I will take a look and correct for next book update.

superteddy57
October 18th, 2020, 03:24
Pushed a new update to address some of the reports and notes will be available in the City Hall

mkillroy
October 18th, 2020, 06:28
Pushed a new update to address some of the reports and notes will be available in the City Hall

After the update the ranks are showing correctly now in the totals, however now it won't let even try to add the extra weapon mount, when I click on the edit button under systems and then click on the + I get the following error: "ERROR Script execution error: [string "systems iadd"]:3: attempt to call field 'addEntry' (a nil value)" To make sure I disabled all extensions before doing it and am showing the current ruleset as 2.1.5.

Evolivolution
October 18th, 2020, 09:17
What ver of the Ruleset is reported in chat when you load the game.? If it's not 2.1.5 then look in your ruleset folder and make sure you don't have a SFRPG folder.

I am on 2.1.5, I tried to delete the SFRPG.pak and then update Fanatsy Grounds again to redownload it. I'm not sure if that's what you meant with the SFRPG folder but that also didn't work (there is no folder in my ruleset folder just .pak's). 40306

superteddy57
October 18th, 2020, 16:19
After the update the ranks are showing correctly now in the totals, however now it won't let even try to add the extra weapon mount, when I click on the edit button under systems and then click on the + I get the following error: "ERROR Script execution error: [string "systems iadd"]:3: attempt to call field 'addEntry' (a nil value)" To make sure I disabled all extensions before doing it and am showing the current ruleset as 2.1.5.

Until certain systems are in place, the system to add anything to the ship would be to drop it from a link currently. The iAdd was something overlooked and was meant to be removed. That will be removed shortly to ensure it's not used by mistake. So the process to add a new weapon would be to right click on the weapon's frame and choose add new (6 o'clock position). Then when you drop a weapon it will be included in the mount/arc selection.

I am on 2.1.5, I tried to delete the SFRPG.pak and then update Fanatsy Grounds again to redownload it. I'm not sure if that's what you meant with the SFRPG folder but that also didn't work (there is no folder in my ruleset folder just .pak's). 40306

They were referring to checking the version (which is correct), but also be sure you don't have a lingering unpacked ruleset that could mess things up. I have tested further and verified the prof star is there on a few different machines and on both client and host. Have you tried it with a new campaign and see if that changes anything?

Evolivolution
October 18th, 2020, 18:22
They were referring to checking the version (which is correct), but also be sure you don't have a lingering unpacked ruleset that could mess things up. I have tested further and verified the prof star is there on a few different machines and on both client and host. Have you tried it with a new campaign and see if that changes anything?

So I've tried to create a new campaign, it works in the new one. Still I'm confused. I guess it works now so thanks ^^

EDIT: I finaly found the reason, apparently the Starfinder Inventory Mod is creating this issue.

madman
October 18th, 2020, 18:53
Make sure to turn off any extensions. They can cause issues as well.

mkillroy
October 18th, 2020, 22:44
[QUOTE=superteddy57;550007]Until certain systems are in place, the system to add anything to the ship would be to drop it from a link currently. The iAdd was something overlooked and was meant to be removed. That will be removed shortly to ensure it's not used by mistake. So the process to add a new weapon would be to right click on the weapon's frame and choose add new (6 o'clock position). Then when you drop a weapon it will be included in the mount/arc selection.

I guess the question is how to create a new mount, that costs 3 bp's. I can add the weapon without an issue but I can't add the weapon mount so my build is 3 points short than what it should be.

superteddy57
October 18th, 2020, 23:01
You can create a custom system that adds 3BP from the masterindex and drop it on systems. I have looked over the rules from the CRB and was considering adding them in, but plan on creating a weapon upgrade system. This work around will have to work for now till that system is in place.

mkillroy
October 18th, 2020, 23:11
Thank you I can do that.

Another possible bug I have found, character has leveled to 5th level. The character currently is a shirran mystic and had an int score of 12. They would get 7 skill points per level. I increased the INT score to 14, and according to PG26 in the Core the bonus should be retroactive for figuring out total skill points. It's showing the total skill points at 35, when it should be at 40 due to the INT increase. I tried this on the existing character and also built one from scratch and was able to reproduce it. Also I didn't see a way I could manually add them to the total. Thanks again.

superteddy57
October 18th, 2020, 23:13
Thanks mkillroy, I'll check that out and see if we can verify and sort that out. I really do appreciate the feedback and reports. It's helping in many ways.

Samarex
October 18th, 2020, 23:38
With the new setup in PC Starships for Systems and Expansion Bay clicking the box opening the Ship Item menu the filtering will be a little messed up with some ALL caps and some not, I am updating the affected source books now to get them all the same. Clearly out ALL caps.

Malosar
October 19th, 2020, 01:45
Looked at my spells on my Starfinder Technomancer tonight and the latest update seems to have borked spell tracking. I have no idea what spells I have left to cast, it seems to think I'm a Sorcerer or something.

superteddy57
October 19th, 2020, 01:50
I unfortunately can't see the top of the list to see how your spell class is setup. That appears to be correct in your example, you cast 6 spells at level 1 and you would have 1 more cast to go.

Evolivolution
October 19th, 2020, 01:54
Looked at my spells on my Starfinder Technomancer tonight and the latest update seems to have borked spell tracking. I have no idea what spells I have left to cast, it seems to think I'm a Sorcerer or something.

This is actually how it should have been all along, to quickly explain: On the left you now have Checkboxes for each spell level, the amount equals the amount you have set in spells per day. If you tick off any spell of this level it marks this spell off in all the unique spells. So on the left you always have the total amount you can cast of that spell level before you take an 8 hour rest. To distinguish the spell you have actually cast it marks these spells with a black tick, the rest of them are grey so you can keep track of that. So you are actually right that it "thinks you are a sorcerer" because all Spellcasters in Starfinder actually work based on the system a sorcerer uses.

Transbot9
October 19th, 2020, 02:01
Sorry if I missed this being posted - on the new Starship character sheet, when dropping different shields on it after one has been applied, the PCU of the previous shields is still on the PCU sheet and doesn't clear off.

Malosar
October 19th, 2020, 02:01
This is actually how it should have been all along, to quickly explain: On the left you now have Checkboxes for each spell level, the amount equals the amount you have set in spells per day. If you tick off any spell of this level it marks this spell off in all the unique spells. So on the left you always have the total amount you can cast of that spell level before you take an 8 hour rest. To distinguish the spell you have actually cast it marks these spells with a black tick, the rest of them are grey so you can keep track of that. So you are actually right that it "thinks you are a sorcerer" because all Spellcasters in Starfinder actually work based on the system a sorcerer uses.

Actually you're right, it is the correct system now and makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

Samarex
October 20th, 2020, 01:02
FGC/Ver 2.1.6/no extensions.
Starship creation Minor Issue

After dropping a Defensive Countermeasure into your systems box the CM bonus on weapons tab update correct, If you upgrade/downgrade it the value updates correct.
But if you delete the countermeasure from your systems the CM bonus on weapons tab does not update.
Minor as you can manually update the CM field back to 0.

Daso
October 20th, 2020, 01:59
Creating a soldier with 8 intelligence: should be adding 3 skills per level. However, that calculation doesn't seem to be happening. It's adding 4 when I move to lvl 2. It worked ok for level 1 though.

superteddy57
October 20th, 2020, 16:01
I'm currently on vacation. I will check on that when I get back.

deer_buster
October 20th, 2020, 16:12
Creating a soldier with 8 intelligence: should be adding 3 skills per level. However, that calculation doesn't seem to be happening. It's adding 4 when I move to lvl 2. It worked ok for level 1 though.

Confirmed. At level 1, the class helper shows 4 skill points instead of 3, but the skill tab showed 3.

Evolivolution
October 20th, 2020, 19:10
I looked around a bit and tried some stuff, here is what I found:
Created a new character Level 1 Soldier with 14 (+2) in Intelligence, had 6 Skill Points (4+2), this one is correct.
Leveled him up to a Level 3 Soldier still 14 Intelligence, now I got 14 Skill Points (4+4+4+2), probably
Leveled him up twice with 2 Levels in Mechanic to see if that breaks something, also increased Intelligence to 16 on Level 5, now Skill Points are 26 (4+4+4+4+4+3+3), so you get the Skill Points from the Class you have and then it addes your Intelligence Modifier once per class would be my assumtion. Hope you can work with that.
I also tried to increase Intelligence to 18 with the Mod box behind the Abilities to see if that causes any issues, but it increased Skill Points to 28 (5x4+2x4), so that does seem to work properly.
EDIT: I now also tried the Skillful Racial Trait and free skill ranks. Both work like intended. It really seems to be just the Int Bonus that isn't applied correctly.

Transbot9
October 20th, 2020, 21:22
Starship Ops dropped! YAAAAAAAH!

Supercolossal frames are broken in both Starship Ops and Dead Suns 6. :(

I know, it's one of those things that needed to be published first before it can be fixed for the updated Starfinder Core system. I will be patient, please don't mind the fidgeting. :D

EDIT: I did a work-around by creating a custom frame. Just thought I'd mention in case someone else needed a temporary solution. As far as I can tell all the supercolossal items work fine with it.

bmos
October 23rd, 2020, 01:27
Awesome update!
One note regarding the main tab (a very minor one) is that the new fields have their right edged aligned with the window rather than with the right edge of the other fields.
This means that resizing the window still looks kind of funky (but everything is so much better).

I also noticed that my Class Abilities are hierarchical (this might already have been a thing) which is super helpful.

Suncat
October 23rd, 2020, 04:17
I buy Fantasy Grounds Unity and Starfinder Core Rulebook, watched the character creation tutorial, and saw some differences with my software. My character sheet does not have the homeworld field and the magnifying glasses in the skills section are missing. Some other details like the token box are not there either ... Is this because of the difference between FGC and FGU?
I attach an image.

Evolivolution
October 23rd, 2020, 13:15
I buy Fantasy Grounds Unity and Starfinder Core Rulebook, watched the character creation tutorial, and saw some differences with my software. My character sheet does not have the homeworld field and the magnifying glasses in the skills section are missing. Some other details like the token box are not there either ... Is this because of the difference between FGC and FGU?
I attach an image.

The tutorial is pretty outdated, the SFRPG ruleset has gone through many itterations of updates since then.
Homeworld has been moved to the Notes tab. I assume with Skills you mean Attributes, which are now changed right on the Main tab, they don't have an editor (or magnifying glass) anymore. If you do mean actuall Skills, they still have the edit button on the top right to input various bonuses and free skill ranks. The tokens you can find in Assets now. All tokens and images are shown there. The button is where Token used to be. You can also click the empty image on the character sheet, to bring up a window that lets you select a picture.

Evolivolution
October 23rd, 2020, 22:35
The Encourage starship combat action should have a difficulty of 15 + Starship Tier. But it's plain 15 right now.

Daso
October 24th, 2020, 02:24
I've had one of my player's who's a technomancer mention that using the Mod column for his personal upgrades doesn't add the correct spell DC in the spell tab. He's got 18 INT with a mk2 personal upgrade for +4 in his stat. If we enter his INT as 22 in the main field, we get the +6 modifier and his spell DC is correct. If we put his INT as 18 and a 4 in the Mod column, his bonus is showing as +6, but is not reflected correctly for his spell DC.

Simple workaround is just to add the total INT in the main field, but some will probably not notice the spell DC.

edit: finally got this in the right spot!

bratch9
October 24th, 2020, 18:40
credit/UPB not assigned to character sheet properly.

see attched....

1. create new character.
2. add to party sheet
3. add some upb..
4. assign it to character..
5. see it assigned to credit.

The issue is that when assign to a new character the coins is not updated correct,

<coins>
<slot1>
<amount type="number">50</amount>
<name type="string">UPB</name>
</slot1>
<slot2>
<amount type="number">0</amount>
</slot2>
<slot3>
</slot3>
</coins>

By the looks the character sheet expects UPB to be in 'coins.slot3', while the party sheet is looking for the 'name string UPB', when it does not find it it just uses 'coins.slot1'

To fix it I adjusted the character sheet to,

<coins>
<slot1>
<name type="string">CREDIT</name>
</slot1>
<slot2>
<name type="string">INCOME</name>
</slot2>
<slot3>
<amount type="number">50</amount>
<name type="string">UPB</name>
</slot3>
</coins>

Also note that, 'updateEncumbrance' in manager_chat.lua assumes UPB is always in 'coin.slot3'

'local nUPB = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "coins.slot3.amount", 0);'

Also note, 'charsheetmini_inventory' sheet assumes 'credit' is 'coins.slot1' and 'UPB' is 'coins.slot3'
<windowclass name="charsheetmini_inventory">
<sheetdata>
<frame_char name="mini_coinframe">
<bounds>0,10,-5,65</bounds>
</frame_char>
<number_dropadd name="coinamount1" source="coins.slot1.amount">
<anchored to="mini_coinframe" width="50" height="20">
<top offset="30" />
<right anchor="center" offset="-65" />
</anchored>
</number_dropadd>
<label_fieldtop>
<anchored to="coinamount1" />
<static>Credits</static>
</label_fieldtop>

<number_dropadd name="coinamount3" source="coins.slot3.amount">
<anchored to="mini_coinframe" width="50" height="20">
<top offset="30" />
<left anchor="center" offset="5" />
</anchored>
</number_dropadd>
<label_fieldtop>
<anchored to="coinamount3" />
<static>UPB</static>
</label_fieldtop>

Also note, 'charsheet_inventory', uses 'coins.slot1' as 'income amount', 'coins.slot2' as 'credit amount', 'coins.slot3' as 'UPB amount'

<number_dropadd name="incomeamount" source="coins.slot1.amount">
<anchored to="coinframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="70,40" width="60" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>
<label name="incomelabel" source="coins.slot1.name">
<anchored to="incomeamount" position="lefthigh" offset="10,2" />
<lineoffset default="off" mergerule="replace">0</lineoffset>
<static>Credits</static>
<right />
</label>
<number_dropadd name="creditamount" source="coins.slot2.amount">
<anchored to="incomeamount" position="below" offset="0,6" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>
<label name="creditlabel" source="coins.slot2.name">
<anchored to="creditamount" position="lefthigh" offset="10, 2" />
<static>Income</static>

<right />
</label>
<number_dropadd name="upbamount" source="coins.slot3.amount">

While I actually think the on the slots for character sheet is 1=>credit, 1=>income, 3=>UPB, so I think a number of mismatch in the system is causing this issue...

thanks, Pete

deer_buster
October 25th, 2020, 05:13
credit/UPB not assigned to character sheet properly.

see attched....

A+ Bug Report!

Suncat
October 25th, 2020, 07:18
The tutorial is pretty outdated, the SFRPG ruleset has gone through many itterations of updates since then.
Homeworld has been moved to the Notes tab. I assume with Skills you mean Attributes, which are now changed right on the Main tab, they don't have an editor (or magnifying glass) anymore. If you do mean actuall Skills, they still have the edit button on the top right to input various bonuses and free skill ranks. The tokens you can find in Assets now. All tokens and images are shown there. The button is where Token used to be. You can also click the empty image on the character sheet, to bring up a window that lets you select a picture.

Thank you very much! You have solved all my questions! you have help me very much

pumpkinstew
October 27th, 2020, 22:43
In both SF games I run, my players are having some issues with skill ranks

Image 1 left is 6th level operative with -1 INT mod, they should have 42 skill ranks (plus 12 for their Specialization), FG thinks they should only have 36.

Image 1 right is a 6th level technomancer with +6 INT mod, they should have 60 skill ranks (they spent 66 here but I think this is from the confusion this has caused) but FG thinks they should have 96!

The 6th level vanguard (no pictured) with +0 INT mod has 36 skill ranks as they should.

I think what is happening is it is doubling their INT bonus per level. I run another SF game and see the same results:

Image 2:
Left: Mechanic 4 with +5 INT mod, should have 36 skill ranks, FG says 56 (20 over)
Middle: Operative 4 with +3, should have 44 skill ranks (plus 8 for their Specialization), FG says 56 (12 over) [again player overspent due to confusion I think]
Right: Soldier 4 with +1 INT mod, should have 20 skill ranks, FG says 24 (4 over)

Is this a bug or something I've done?

deer_buster
October 27th, 2020, 22:53
In both SF games I run, my players are having some issues with skill ranks

Image 1 left is 6th level operative with -1 INT mod, they should have 42 skill ranks (plus 12 for their Specialization), FG thinks they should only have 36.

Image 1 right is a 6th level technomancer with +6 INT mod, they should have 60 skill ranks (they spent 66 here but I think this is from the confusion this has caused) but FG thinks they should have 96!

The 6th level vanguard (no pictured) with +0 INT mod has 36 skill ranks as they should.

I think what is happening is it is doubling their INT bonus per level. I run another SF game and see the same results:

Image 2:
Left: Mechanic 4 with +5 INT mod, should have 36 skill ranks, FG says 56 (20 over)
Middle: Operative 4 with +3, should have 44 skill ranks (plus 8 for their Specialization), FG says 56 (12 over) [again player overspent due to confusion I think]
Right: Soldier 4 with +1 INT mod, should have 20 skill ranks, FG says 24 (4 over)

Is this a bug or something I've done?

Can't confirm, as I can't duplicate by creating new characters and leveling them up...I get the correct numbers. Can you attach their XML exports?

pumpkinstew
October 27th, 2020, 23:07
Can't confirm, as I can't duplicate by creating new characters and leveling them up...I get the correct numbers. Can you attach their XML exports?Attached.

Samarex
October 27th, 2020, 23:32
Can't confirm, as I can't duplicate by creating new characters and leveling them up...I get the correct numbers. Can you attach their XML exports?

Try and increase there Int then put it back and see if it recalulates there skill points. This might be older calculated point that have not updated since the changes.
Increase enough to make a bonus increase.

pumpkinstew
October 27th, 2020, 23:49
Try and increase there Int then put it back and see if it recalulates there skill points. This might be older calculated point that have not updated since the changes.
Increase enough to make a bonus increase.

Forgot to say I tried that, it adjusts with the correct calculation (+/-1 rank per level per +/-1 mod) plus the existing excess so still 20 higher.

When I tested by adding new levels, it adds the correct number (i.e. the above mechanic gets 9 per level as expected), but again it keeps the existing (20 for the mechanic) excess.

GrumpyOldAndy
October 28th, 2020, 01:59

We had this in out SF game after one of the updates. Looking at the class xp box, it had skill points for class + the int modifer in it, then added the int modifier again on the skills page. We solved by deleting the characters and recreating them. The skill points were then done correctly for each level, and the int bonus added afterwards.

On a related note, it appears the Sarcesian (from Alien Archive) racial trait "Skilled: Sarcesians gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and each level thereafter." is only applied at level 1. GM has had to add an extra skill point at 2nd and 3rd.

superteddy57
October 28th, 2020, 18:08
We had this in out SF game after one of the updates. Looking at the class xp box, it had skill points for class + the int modifer in it, then added the int modifier again on the skills page. We solved by deleting the characters and recreating them. The skill points were then done correctly for each level, and the int bonus added afterwards.

On a related note, it appears the Sarcesian (from Alien Archive) racial trait "Skilled: Sarcesians gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and each level thereafter." is only applied at level 1. GM has had to add an extra skill point at 2nd and 3rd.

I would suggest this as well as I am not seeing an apparent cause as of yet. As for the related note, pushed a new hotfix for the racial trait not adding past level 1.

bratch9
October 29th, 2020, 14:26
v2.1.9 FGC ( Code looks the same for FGU. )

encumberance caused by UPB is calculated from the wrong coins.slot..

see attached..

caused in 'manage_char.lua', 'function updateEncumbrance(nodeChar)' line 1409 'local nUPB = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "coins.slot3.amount", 0);'

This should be from coins.slot2

-pete

bratch9
October 29th, 2020, 14:41
2.1.9 FGC ( same in FGU )

with a new character, assign to part sheet, and assign some UPB, this will be assigned into the credits section... ( If you then add some credits from the party sheet, it will be assigned into upb from now on!! )

this is because the part sheet is looking for named coin slots... and the new character sheet has no coins sections... so the very first add of upb, assigned upb into coin slot 1 as it can not find the 'coins.slot[123].name' item..

This is caused by the 'corerpg' ruleset 'manager_ps_loot.lua' 'function addCoinsToPC(nodeChar, sCoin, nCoin)', that searches for ".name" and assigned it to that slot or into the first empty slot.. ( slot 1 on a new character. )

attached a database and images...

-pete

bratch9
October 29th, 2020, 15:02
2.1.9 FGC ( Not checked but assume to be same on FGU )

when you add UPB to character sheet, encumbrance is not updated until you change the inventory..

-pete

superteddy57
October 29th, 2020, 16:04
Thank you for the report. I will be setting up a hotfix push here soon.

Edit: Pushed hotfix. It was a mistake on my part of overlooking the elements for the coin name's being label and thusly not saving to the DB. I changed them to stringu's and this will now update the DB with the names of the coins in that slot. I also address the encumbrance issue by removing the check of the dedicated slot and had it search for the name of the currency in question. So now you can move them around, but I defaulted the stringu's so no need in filling them in.

bratch9
October 29th, 2020, 22:23
Thank you for the report. I will be setting up a hotfix push here soon.

Edit: Pushed hotfix. It was a mistake on my part of overlooking the elements for the coin name's being label and thusly not saving to the DB. I changed them to stringu's and this will now update the DB with the names of the coins in that slot. I also address the encumbrance issue by removing the check of the dedicated slot and had it search for the name of the currency in question. So now you can move them around, but I defaulted the stringu's so no need in filling them in.

Thanks for the quick update, but 'CR' is the wrong default name for the coin.slot1.name. ( I suggest 'credits' to match the currencies ( cred3.png ), not looked but I assume these define the party sheet lines ? )

see attached, now adding credits goes in the box next to the 'cr' line... ( see cred1.png and cred2.png )

2.1.9 + hotfix checked in fgc..

-pete

superteddy57
October 29th, 2020, 22:26
Well the code accepts it in any slot as long as the names are the same. So if you changed CR to Credits it would send it to that slot. You can set it up as you see fit. I have set up the code to search by name and not slot number.

bratch9
October 29th, 2020, 22:55
Well the code accepts it in any slot as long as the names are the same. So if you changed CR to Credits it would send it to that slot. You can set it up as you see fit. I have set up the code to search by name and not slot number.

Hi,
Sorry to be clear on a BRAND NEW GAME.....

The party sheet/currencies DEFAULTS are 'credits' and 'UPB'

and the character sheet DEFAULTS are 'CR', 'UPB', 'Income'

This causes the miss-match.... as it does not match 'credits' against 'cr' and so it dumps it into the box to the right of the currencies on your character sheet.

What you are saying is to fix this, EVERYBODY HAS TO EDIT THE CURRENCIES, because you used the default name of 'cr' for coins.slot1.name, instead of matching it to the Defaults of the currencies ?

I'm happy with you changing the default party sheet/ currencies to been 'CR' and 'UPB' to match the character inventory code... ( in manager_gamesystem.lua )

But I do feel that these 2 parts of the code should match..

-pete

See 'manager_gamesystem.lua'

currencies = { "Credits", "UPB" };
currencyDefault = "Credits";

And 'record_char_inventory.xml'
<stringu name="coinname1" source="coins.slot1.name">
<anchored to="coinframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="5,40" width="60" height="20" />
<default>CR</default>
<center />
<lineoffset default="on" mergerule="replace">5</lineoffset>
<!--anchored to="coinamount1" position="lefthigh" offset="10,2" />
<right /-->
</stringu>

superteddy57
October 30th, 2020, 11:57
What I was referring to was that in the mean time you can change the name on the character sheet while I get them sorted. You were correct that they would both need to match and was going to make them match with another update, but the option was there to edit it yourself if you have a session to go through. That was my intention of my response.

bratch9
October 30th, 2020, 11:58
Also checking in the modules like 'dead suns', the 'parcels' all use 'credits' and 'upb'... so I think the default for coins.slot1.name should be 'credits', not 'cr'...

feel free to leave the 'label' in the character sheet as 'cr'.

but i do think that the basic standard new game, new character, and a new module, should work together by default in a way the player would expect.

-pete

bratch9
October 30th, 2020, 12:02
What I was referring to was that in the mean time you can change the name on the character sheet while I get them sorted. You were correct that they would both need to match and was going to make them match with another update, but the option was there to edit it yourself if you have a session to go through. That was my intention of my response.

Our posts crossed in time...

thanks for the further clarification..

( I can edit the db.xml, to get the names correct.. but i'm not sure how I could 'change the name on the character sheet' in FG... I can edit them in the party sheet and in the options/currencies.. no issues with doing that side... )

superteddy57
October 30th, 2020, 12:10
You can type and edit the name on the character sheet from CR to Credits. The fields are editable now to allow them to be stored in the DB.

bratch9
October 30th, 2020, 13:23
You can type and edit the name on the character sheet from CR to Credits. The fields are editable now to allow them to be stored in the DB.

I can edit them, but I dont get any form of 'line' under the text as you show... so I assumed it was not editable, as it looks like every other non-edit item.

( I see I can change the string in encumbered as well.. )

-pete

superteddy57
October 30th, 2020, 13:27
Is this with FGU or FGC?

EDIT: BTW, apologies for missing the naming on the partysheet and character sheet. Was a slight oversight on my part.

bratch9
October 30th, 2020, 14:25
Is this with FGU or FGC?

EDIT: BTW, apologies for missing the naming on the partysheet and character sheet. Was a slight oversight on my part.

no 'edit' line on FGC
shows 'edit' line on FGU

-pete

superteddy57
October 30th, 2020, 14:46
Thank you! I'll see if we can get both of them to show the underline

Trevisus
October 30th, 2020, 21:34
A lot of Starship parts will not drag and drop to the PC Ship builder. I can and a frame, shields, and weapons. Everything else will not show up on the sheet. I have tried everything I can think of, but right now I can't build any ships. I'm using FGC if that helps.

superteddy57
October 30th, 2020, 22:04
I'm not sure what you mean by 'PC Ship builder'. Can you show me some images of what you are referring to?

Trevisus
October 30th, 2020, 22:23
I'm not sure what you mean by 'PC Ship builder'. Can you show me some images of what you are referring to?

Yeah just normal ship builder.

bratch9
October 30th, 2020, 23:41
v2.1.9 hot patch... fgu

attempt to index global tabs ( a nil value. )

in 'campaign\scripts\race.lua' and 'function onIDChanged()' line 57...

looks like other accesses to 'tabs' in this file have been commented out.. except this one..

-pete

superteddy57
October 31st, 2020, 07:30
Yeah just normal ship builder.

That is the PC Ship sheet and I would suggest trying the functionality without the extensions you have currently loaded. See if that makes a difference.

superteddy57
October 31st, 2020, 07:31
v2.1.9 hot patch... fgu

attempt to index global tabs ( a nil value. )

in 'campaign\scripts\race.lua' and 'function onIDChanged()' line 57...

looks like other accesses to 'tabs' in this file have been commented out.. except this one..

-pete

Pushed a hotfix that should address that error

Trevisus
November 1st, 2020, 21:54
That is the PC Ship sheet and I would suggest trying the functionality without the extensions you have currently loaded. See if that makes a difference.

Did that new campaign, no extensions still can only add Frame, Shields, and Weapons. Can't add engines, Power Core, or anything else. I used to be able to make ships for the party, but now nothing drag and drops. Just bought Starship Operations Manual to use on fantasy grounds, but seems like that may be useless now.

superteddy57
November 1st, 2020, 22:01
I went through a creation of a PC ship and it's accepting the drops.

Can you check the short video above and see if you are following the same process or something looks different from what I am doing?

Trevisus
November 1st, 2020, 22:29

Can you check the short video above and see if you are following the same process or something looks different from what I am doing?

Yeah same thing, but you got engine to go in and I can't weird.

Trevisus
November 1st, 2020, 22:57

I did notice our SFRPG ruleset version is different. I am on v2.1.5 Is that the current released one? I don't have any updates so hope that is not it.

superteddy57
November 1st, 2020, 23:43
The current version of the ruleset is 2.1.9. If that is not the version that displays in the chat when you first load up, then you will need to update. Check to make sure you don't have any unpacked rulesets, and try deleting the ruleset and and hitting the update again.

Trevisus
November 2nd, 2020, 00:01
The current version of the ruleset is 2.1.9. If that is not the version that displays in the chat when you first load up, then you will need to update. Check to make sure you don't have any unpacked rulesets, and try deleting the ruleset and and hitting the update again.

Had to delete the ruleset and re download, but that fixed everything! Thank you for the help!

Samarex
November 2nd, 2020, 00:09
To help us out with troubleshooting any issues you may be experiencing. When reporting bug please include.
FGU / FGC / FGU and FGC
CoreRPG Ruleset Version #
Ruleset Version #
and if you have any extensions running.

This gives us a quick look at what your set-up is to know where to look.

Thanks

Stadlerc
November 6th, 2020, 14:50
To help us out with troubleshooting any issues you may be experiencing. When reporting bug please include.
FGU / FGC / FGU and FGC
Ruleset Version #

Thanks
A feature that might be useful to add in general would be a console command that appends all version info to console and log. That way we can remove human error when reproducing defects. Something like “Log System”

bmos
November 6th, 2020, 15:05
A feature that might be useful to add in general would be a console command that appends all version info to console and log. That way we can remove human error when reproducing defects. Something like “Log System”We basically already have this.
All that information is posted to the chat when you fist load a campaign.

Stadlerc
November 6th, 2020, 15:24
Well, you need the state of the system at the time of the defect, not startup. For example, if the defects occurred after the GM opens let’s say an AP, your log should include that. Also I’m not sure all version info is included btw (AP/EXT/MOD)

More advanced features “though more overkill 99% of the time would track loading and unloading of modules (to ensure clean uninstalls) and all users system states (not just GM)

deer_buster
November 6th, 2020, 16:45
The correct solution, that doesn't include so much bloat, is simply for the bug reporter to document the steps and conditions required to duplicate the issue reliably....then the developer(s) can go back and debug properly.

superteddy57
November 6th, 2020, 17:01
Well, you need the state of the system at the time of the defect, not startup. For example, if the defects occurred after the GM opens let’s say an AP, your log should include that. Also I’m not sure all version info is included btw (AP/EXT/MOD)

More advanced features “though more overkill 99% of the time would track loading and unloading of modules (to ensure clean uninstalls) and all users system states (not just GM)

You can open the console by typing /console into the chat and it there is a button that will compile the console logs into something you can post. This however doesn't provide the steps that were performed that wouldn't be picked up by the log. This is why we ask for detailed steps and information along with log files. Paints a larger picture of what is going on and help us set up the test environment for to try and reproduce the error.

Stadlerc
November 6th, 2020, 17:28
FGU / FGC / FGU and FGC
Ruleset Version #

Thanks
My suggestions is based on this. If you are saying the log contains all this info, just tell them to send the log, and where the log is. If it isn’t enough to answer the above questions, then it should be modified to. Remember, You’re asking customers, not test engineers to write defects to improve the quality of FG. A little automation can’t hurt

ptchicuorka
November 7th, 2020, 13:28
Hi I've been playing for a short time on starfinder. the starship combat controls and handling seem very rough and have found a few problems with them. not sure if these have been pointed out ir if its still being worked on but I'll list what we have found so far.

The Initiative system seem to no work. we roll piloting during helm phase but they don't go into the initiative boxes, I have to manually in put them.

When you roll damage why do you have to drop it on the ships token when you have the ship targeted. is this something at is being worked on or can be changed like it is in normal combat?
also with that why does the damage going to the player ship cant be applied by them. it seem every thing during the combat drops on the GM with enough stuff to sort out. my played agree with this so they can see the damage they are getting and where.

The Shield rating has a hard time being correct. it seem the shield rating number might be glitched. when we do attack damage the first time the shied goes down but some times it goes to into negative numbers. from the roles that's not suppose to happen is I have to manually adjust it every time.

a small item is some of the ships you cant tell where the forward facing is on them because they line up with the line on the hex. would it be possible to give the tokens an arrow point to show where the front area of the ship it.

These right how seem to be the only real problems we as a group have encountered, like i said not sure if the starship combat feature is still being worked on or if these problems have been addressed already, but figure we would let you know

bratch9
November 7th, 2020, 14:31
Hi I've been playing for a short time on starfinder. the starship combat controls and handling seem very rough and have found a few problems with them. not sure if these have been pointed out ir if its still being worked on but I'll list what we have found so far.

The Initiative system seem to no work. we roll piloting during helm phase but they don't go into the initiative boxes, I have to manually in put them.

When you roll damage why do you have to drop it on the ships token when you have the ship targeted. is this something at is being worked on or can be changed like it is in normal combat?
also with that why does the damage going to the player ship cant be applied by them. it seem every thing during the combat drops on the GM with enough stuff to sort out. my played agree with this so they can see the damage they are getting and where.

The Shield rating has a hard time being correct. it seem the shield rating number might be glitched. when we do attack damage the first time the shied goes down but some times it goes to into negative numbers. from the roles that's not suppose to happen is I have to manually adjust it every time.

a small item is some of the ships you cant tell where the forward facing is on them because they line up with the line on the hex. would it be possible to give the tokens an arrow point to show where the front area of the ship it.

These right how seem to be the only real problems we as a group have encountered, like i said not sure if the starship combat feature is still being worked on or if these problems have been addressed already, but figure we would let you know

How are your players rolling helm/gunner actions ? ( My players dont get any assigned actions on the character sheet ship section ? )

I know the older rule set has more 'assets icons', like 'star ships' button... now this is under 'npc' and this nests the 'star ship' button... so things have been 'moved around' a bit in the new version of the rule set..

Can you post an image in my https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63394-Starship-Combat-for-players thread ( or this ), as I dont see any actions for assigned players. ( Maybe the old ruleset assigned the players and now it does not etc.. )

just trying to work out if I'm setting things up wrong.

I also have to set initiative by hand. on the radial from the star ship combat tracker, it only has 'reset init' which sets round back to zero and clears init values. ( I can not roll helm for players. )

when i roll damage from an npc onto the targeted player ship, the gm gets a popup in the track for assigning damage to an arc, and this did not go negative for me and applied the reduced damage to the hull points when shield was reduced to zero.

when I forced a 'critical', it auto rolled and added a glitch to a system, not sure if that glitch applies the -2 as I say my players have no actions so I could not check that side..

I agree it seems the dm has a lot to do for both the npc and players on the combat tracker, but I'm not sure how you would automate this.. ( Maybe arc can be done from token positions, but what back trick moves passing the same hex, getting to target any side etc ? )

At the moment I'd just like the players to actually play this area of the game.

-pete

Evolivolution
November 7th, 2020, 14:40
I've tried to answer both your questions in different threads to best of my knowledge. I hope that helps ;)

bratch9
November 8th, 2020, 12:04
fgu sfrpg 2.1.9, core 3.3.12

attached is sf.zip, which includes a campaign and 3 images.

i had an issue distributing party sheet items.

the campaign is pre-setup for you to open the part sheet tab, swap to inventory and press the 'down' arrow to award the items. (a.png)

after pressing the award, you will see a '[WARNING] Unable to transfer item to character. (Battery) (D'errik D'essania Du D'point )' (b.png)

after pressing the award a second time, the item is correctly awarded.. (c.png)

The issue is because 'D'errik D'essania Du D'point ' has a trailing space on the end of his character sheet name, and when you set this name in the middle of a group of other names in the 'assignment' box by typing the first letter of the name and a ',' to fill out the name to add extra players.... You can see the space between 'D'point ,Larr' in (a.png)

When the award items button is pressed it must 'split' the names out by ',' search and which probably 'trim's the space from the name in the process... and then it can not exact 'match' with the character name that still has the space on the end.

I suspect after the first award, the remaining assignment box now with 1 player name still has the 'space' on the end, and so it then matches the players name with the space and correctly applies the item.

So a case of a missing 'trim' on the player name during the 'match' name for assignment.. ie splitting the assignment string gets a trim but the match to player name does not get a trim..

Yes I can correct the name of the player, but clearly 'odd' spaces between ',' sections get a trim, either player name assignment/edit should 'trim' on value change... or the name compare on assignment should get a trim.

thanks, Pete

looking in the db.xml after first assignment, the list clearly still has the 'space' on the end of the name..

<treasureparcelitemlist>
<public />
<id-00001>
<public />
<assign type="string">D'errik D'essania Du D'point </assign>

ptchicuorka
November 9th, 2020, 00:04
To let you know this is under the Unity rule set not the classic, if that helps, that is the one we are using

superteddy57
November 9th, 2020, 18:57
fgu sfrpg 2.1.9, core 3.3.12

attached is sf.zip, which includes a campaign and 3 images.

i had an issue distributing party sheet items.

the campaign is pre-setup for you to open the part sheet tab, swap to inventory and press the 'down' arrow to award the items. (a.png)

after pressing the award, you will see a '[WARNING] Unable to transfer item to character. (Battery) (D'errik D'essania Du D'point )' (b.png)

after pressing the award a second time, the item is correctly awarded.. (c.png)

The issue is because 'D'errik D'essania Du D'point ' has a trailing space on the end of his character sheet name, and when you set this name in the middle of a group of other names in the 'assignment' box by typing the first letter of the name and a ',' to fill out the name to add extra players.... You can see the space between 'D'point ,Larr' in (a.png)

When the award items button is pressed it must 'split' the names out by ',' search and which probably 'trim's the space from the name in the process... and then it can not exact 'match' with the character name that still has the space on the end.

I suspect after the first award, the remaining assignment box now with 1 player name still has the 'space' on the end, and so it then matches the players name with the space and correctly applies the item.

So a case of a missing 'trim' on the player name during the 'match' name for assignment.. ie splitting the assignment string gets a trim but the match to player name does not get a trim..

Yes I can correct the name of the player, but clearly 'odd' spaces between ',' sections get a trim, either player name assignment/edit should 'trim' on value change... or the name compare on assignment should get a trim.

thanks, Pete

looking in the db.xml after first assignment, the list clearly still has the 'space' on the end of the name..

<treasureparcelitemlist>
<public />
<id-00001>
<public />
<assign type="string">D'errik D'essania Du D'point </assign>

Thank you for the report. I have checked out the ruleset code and it looks like the trim is performed deeper in Core. So I will take a look at what needs to be changed and if find a solution, submit an update to that layer.

bratch9
November 9th, 2020, 19:42
Thank you for the report. I have checked out the ruleset code and it looks like the trim is performed deeper in Core. So I will take a look at what needs to be changed and if find a solution, submit an update to that layer.

Thanks, Yep I suspected Core, as I think the utils to do 'split/trim' are down at that level, and probably base functions for assigning items on the PS.

bratch9
November 11th, 2020, 11:41
Should grenades cause a reflex save to be thrown ? ( They dont seem to... )

also, see attached, should incendiary grenades get a 'burn' option in the weapon meta data.. ( see laser pistol example )

( Not sure if the 'burn' or 'Burn' is the issue or if it needs to be infront of the damage dice.. )

superteddy57
November 11th, 2020, 15:21
The grenade would have to be turned into a save effect for it to produce the save you were looking to perform. It is currently on my list to expand the actions tab to perform some new and neat things, but for now your best bet would be to make a power that will cause the enemy to make a save and damage on a fail.

bratch9
November 11th, 2020, 16:51
And what about the burn damage on the grenade ?

Its combined the (1d6 F, 1d4 burn, 5ft) into a single line into (dice 1d6 + 1d4 ) F, and lost the Burn option, which should go into DMGO effect like the laser ?

while the laser pistol is only on critical, the grenade is on all damage rolls ?

Griffonbait
November 16th, 2020, 12:14
Bugs found yesterday:

- Starship Port shields not working correctly

- Also, when Shields are changed by GM in the PC's Ship Tab, Role Actions are turned off (reset)

- PC Ship's Weapons Tab - Shield calculation not working correctly

- Target Skill for Science Role DC value not calculated correctly in ship encounters

- SF Party Sheet, Parcel distribution not working - sometimes items transfer correctly - but only 1 (single) items. Other items never make it to their respective PC sheets. I suspect this is a FGU problem???

superteddy57
November 16th, 2020, 19:02
Pushed a hotfix update today to see if that would resolve your shield issue. I tested it under the latest version and did not see those issues. Please elaborate for me on this item "Target Skill for Science Role DC value not calculated correctly in ship encounters". I'm not sure I understand.

Castellanox7
November 19th, 2020, 05:52
Hello all!

SF isn't generally my ruleset, but in helping someone at FG college with an effects question, we came across a few issues with RESIST.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Add effect that gives more than enough resistance to any two damage types (I used "Thermal Capacitor mk1; RESIST:50 fire; RESIST:50 cold;").
2. Have a weapon that does both Fire and Cold Damage (I used a d8 damage weapon)
3. Roll against target.

Expected Outcome
The damage should be FAR less than the resistance, and the player should take no damage.

Actual Outcome
It seems like FG stops reading after the first RESIST, and deals half damage (in this case, cold).

I tested this with "piercing,slashing" as well.

Note, I may not have put in the weapon correctly (I just added weapon from the actions menu right click menu), but I did have someone else in the college test this.

Teddy, it was Ravien in the college, you should be able to see the convo we had around this time.

Thanks!

deer_buster
November 19th, 2020, 07:05
Hello all!

SF isn't generally my ruleset, but in helping someone at FG college with an effects question, we came across a few issues with RESIST.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Add effect that gives more than enough resistance to any two damage types (I used "Thermal Capacitor mk1; RESIST:50 fire; RESIST:50 cold;").
2. Have a weapon that does both Fire and Cold Damage (I used a d8 damage weapon)
3. Roll against target.

Expected Outcome
The damage should be FAR less than the resistance, and the player should take no damage.

Actual Outcome
It seems like FG stops reading after the first RESIST, and deals half damage (in this case, cold).

I tested this with "piercing,slashing" as well.

Note, I may not have put in the weapon correctly (I just added weapon from the actions menu right click menu), but I did have someone else in the college test this.

Teddy, it was Ravien in the college, you should be able to see the convo we had around this time.

Thanks!

It only happens when you have more than one damage type (e.g. "F & C" as the weapon's damage type). If you have either Fire or Cold, it works correctly...it's in the damage system (I think) where the damage is split between the weapon's damage types that it doesn't check for resistance more than once...

But also, you can't currently specify more than one type of resistance (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire,cold) but separately on the same line works (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire; RESIST: 50 cold) (not saying you did)

Castellanox7
November 19th, 2020, 15:00
It only happens when you have more than one damage type (e.g. "F & C" as the weapon's damage type). If you have either Fire or Cold, it works correctly...it's in the damage system (I think) where the damage is split between the weapon's damage types that it doesn't check for resistance more than once...

But also, you can't currently specify more than one type of resistance (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire,cold) but separately on the same line works (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire; RESIST: 50 cold) (not saying you did)

I understand the system does the half/half, but unless that has something to do with things, I'm able to do the same effect in the PF1e ruleset (cause I'm not comparing 5e to SF), and it resists the entire way through.

deer_buster
November 19th, 2020, 15:41
It has to do with how the SFRPG ruleset was coded. It is just a bug that needs to be fixed...

Dragonrose0
November 22nd, 2020, 23:00
creating a soldier when i select the primary fighting style the one from Character Operations Manual are not present I reloded the mod several times still not there41361

Samarex
November 23rd, 2020, 22:27
creating a soldier when i select the primary fighting style the one from Character Operations Manual are not present I reloded the mod several times still not there41361

Look on the Class Window, you will see Alt Features. Open that and filter Primary Fighting Style.
Features that come in modules other than the Core Rulebook are no longer populated in the feature from the class record, it did before but caused major issues with the ruleset so we had to change how it works.

Curuthanir
November 30th, 2020, 03:13
Found a bug. Vanguard class, leveled up to level 9. At level 9, vanguards get a second use of the Reactive (Ex) class ability per day. When I leveled up to 9, the chat window shows "Feature 'Reactive (Ex)' added." However, on the character sheet itself, the character log shows that the Class Ability was actually removed. Screen shot attached.

Daso
November 30th, 2020, 15:14
I'm having issues with Damage Resistance DR...

I'm trying to code specific DR type, but it doesn't seem to be taking it into consideration. (DR: 2 piercing) It always applied 2 DR to any type instead of just Piercing damage.

Is this supposed to work? I found an old thread where this was supposed to be corrected (the old thread said DR: 5 piercing didn't apply DR at all and that that was fixed). Could it be that while fixing it, it did not take into account the type of damage coming through?

Daso
November 30th, 2020, 15:32
Found an additional bug for a Technomancer concerning bonus spell slots.

The bonus spell slots work as intended if you change the INT score of a PC.

This does not work if you use the Mod column though.

ex:
A lvl 8 character with an INT of 22 has 6, 6, 3 slots (lvl1, 2, 3 spells)
The same character with an INT of 18, but MOD of 4 has 5, 5, 2 slots (lvl 1, 2, 3 spells)

Seems like the mod value isn't taken into account for extra spell slots.

superteddy57
November 30th, 2020, 18:53
Found an additional bug for a Technomancer concerning bonus spell slots.

The bonus spell slots work as intended if you change the INT score of a PC.

This does not work if you use the Mod column though.

ex:
A lvl 8 character with an INT of 22 has 6, 6, 3 slots (lvl1, 2, 3 spells)
The same character with an INT of 18, but MOD of 4 has 5, 5, 2 slots (lvl 1, 2, 3 spells)

Seems like the mod value isn't taken into account for extra spell slots.

An update will be pushed to fix this issue. As for your other, I will have to double check if this was resolved previously.

Daso
December 2nd, 2020, 13:10
My group and I had a session last night and found that the full attack mod in a weapon doesn't get applied. It shows up on the PC sheet correctly, but it does not get applied when you roll the dice.

In the screenshot you can see that I added a -2 modifier to the full attack of a player's mechanic. The sheet correctly shows the +7 for the full attack bonus, but the roll is still with the unmodified +9.

Everyone was updated with yesterday's update.

superteddy57
December 2nd, 2020, 13:54
My group and I had a session last night and found that the full attack mod in a weapon doesn't get applied. It shows up on the PC sheet correctly, but it does not get applied when you roll the dice.

In the screenshot you can see that I added a -2 modifier to the full attack of a player's mechanic. The sheet correctly shows the +7 for the full attack bonus, but the roll is still with the unmodified +9.

Everyone was updated with yesterday's update.

Thanks for the report. Found the issue and will a fix in soon.

msbranin
December 3rd, 2020, 03:33
MINOR ISSUE! The hover over tool tip for the starship combat tracker needs edited. All the other hover over tooltips are short and to the point but the starship combat tracker seems like a default that was never edited.

superteddy57
December 3rd, 2020, 04:05
Thanks for the report. I'll have a look into it.

Locotomo
December 4th, 2020, 16:52
Hi, could you please solve the issue with the fps regarding window dragging?
Example :

I have loaded all rule modules and no adventure.
Open the PC window and drag it around and see how smooth it goes.
Open the items window and still no problem, everything runs smooth.
Now, klick on the weapons tag and see how the windows drag like crap. Especially the weapons window.
Once you close the weapons window, everything runs smooth again :)

superteddy57
December 4th, 2020, 17:03
Hi, could you please solve the issue with the fps regarding window dragging?
Example :

I have loaded all rule modules and no adventure.
Open the PC window and drag it around and see how smooth it goes.
Open the items window and still no problem, everything runs smooth.
Now, klick on the weapons tag and see how the windows drag like crap. Especially the weapons window.
Once you close the weapons window, everything runs smooth again :)

That is an issue with any rulesets with large number of records that are shown in those reference windows. It's not isolated to Starfinder. It's still being investigated to get better performance from those windows.

deer_buster
December 4th, 2020, 17:20
Yeah, pretty sure that's a base program issue on how it refreshes during the drag, not a ruleset issue.

Ahzad
December 5th, 2020, 06:01
I did a forum search on this and nothing popped up. So I thought I would mention it here. I'm using FGU.

So when making a starship and adding the security feature Anti-hacking systems multiple times, you can add this particular feature up to 4x, it is not adding the correct amount of build points. It should be 12 points or 4 entries of 3. It's just showing 3 BPs.

A side question is there any plans for us to be able to edit the build point summary tab. I would like to be able to put in upgrade costs for weapons, or additional mount and be able to track that on the sheet.

madman
December 5th, 2020, 08:09
The Build Point total field can be edited by ctrl-scrolling up or down. It does seem like when you add a second item of the same type the BP does not change. If you drop the item on the sheet, open it up and change the name to "Anti-hacking (x4)" then edit the BP to 12 you can re-drop it from the list it is on and then delete the old one to get a correct total until it is addressed.

Hope that helps till it gets looked at.

superteddy57
December 5th, 2020, 14:50
I did a forum search on this and nothing popped up. So I thought I would mention it here. I'm using FGU.

So when making a starship and adding the security feature Anti-hacking systems multiple times, you can add this particular feature up to 4x, it is not adding the correct amount of build points. It should be 12 points or 4 entries of 3. It's just showing 3 BPs.

A side question is there any plans for us to be able to edit the build point summary tab. I would like to be able to put in upgrade costs for weapons, or additional mount and be able to track that on the sheet.

I will be pushing a new build Tuesday to LIVE that should open up the BP/PCU Summaries, fix Full Atk mod not factoring correctly, and add suffix to multiple entries on drop.

Ulric
December 5th, 2020, 16:30
I will be pushing a new build Tuesday to LIVE that should open up the BP/PCU Summaries, fix Full Atk mod not factoring correctly, and add suffix to multiple entries on drop.

That's great! Would it be very difficult to add the ability to import and export ships? This would allow FG users to share their creations with other FG SF groups and save them to use in other SF campaigns or restore is them if the campaign DB was corrupted.

superteddy57
December 5th, 2020, 16:36
PC Ships are not set up to export/import like PC ships. You will have to use the standard module creation process to have them exported.

Ulric
December 5th, 2020, 21:02
PC Ships are not set up to export/import like PC ships. You will have to use the standard module creation process to have them exported.

I know you can do it now. It was a suggestion for future development or for someone else to create an extension if they like this idea and want to code it.

superteddy57
December 6th, 2020, 01:12
Ah, gotcha. Sorry, that is a great idea and I will add it to the list.

Ulric
December 6th, 2020, 17:42
I'm running Dead Suns AP and the NPCs have archaic weapons that should do -5 less damage when used against the PCs modern armor. I have included a screenshot that shows the NPC and the PC and the PC's armor and the chat results. You can see the PC is taking full damage.

When we last had a combat with archaic type weapons it was working and we were using FGC. We are now using FGU. This is with updates applied v4.04 and no extensions.

superteddy57
December 6th, 2020, 18:19
I'm running Dead Suns AP and the NPCs have archaic weapons that should do -5 less damage when used against the PCs modern armor. I have included a screenshot that shows the NPC and the PC and the PC's armor and the chat results. You can see the PC is taking full damage.

When we last had a combat with archaic type weapons it was working and we were using FGC. We are now using FGU. This is with updates applied v4.04 and no extensions.

Which NPC and which AP?

deer_buster
December 6th, 2020, 18:52

What screenshot?

Ulric
December 6th, 2020, 21:33
What screenshot?
Sorry, I added the screenshot. The AP is Dark Suns and the NPC is in the CT.

superteddy57
December 6th, 2020, 22:43
I'm not seeing any indication in the code that archaic was tracked and applied a negative modifier to damage rolls. I will add it to the list of things to expand, but I'm not seeing any bugs related to this.

Ulric
December 6th, 2020, 22:52
I'm not seeing any indication in the code that archaic was tracked and applied a negative modifier to damage rolls. I will add it to the list of things to expand, but I'm not seeing any bugs related to this.

Thank you!

Daso
December 8th, 2020, 19:31
It's in AP4, the ruined clouds. I'm just finishing it up. What I did is edit the NPCs that have archaic to have a different dmg modifier. That way all the encounters already counted that in without having to program archaic. It's a workaround, but it works. :)

Ulric
December 8th, 2020, 19:34
It's in AP4, the ruined clouds. I'm just finishing it up. What I did is edit the NPCs that have archaic to have a different dmg modifier. That way all the encounters already counted that in without having to program archaic. It's a workaround, but it works. :)

Thats what I did too, but it would be nice to not have to modify basic rule mechanics.

bratch9
December 9th, 2020, 16:58
ship cargo seems to have issues...

1. the shortcut message box, seems broken... missing the bottom right if the yellow section ? ( Might just be how its supposed to look... )
2. the shortcut message box, only seems to have a 'title' line you can type into... the main 'content' does not seem to allow you to type notes for the item..
3. 'Location' and 'Icon' for location are 2 items but should be the same ? ( set my 'location' to ' not on board' but my 'icon' to 'on board) Should one of these be removed ? ( Or should I be able to edit the text 'Not onBoard' to day something like 'in hotel' and use the icon to show 'not on board' )
4. It would be nice to be able to drag items off/onto character sheet item list from/to cargo... so players can store/get items from the ship. ( does nothing when you drop an item short cut into the ship from a player etc. )

-pete

superteddy57
December 9th, 2020, 17:10
Ship cargo has been an issue for some time and it's being looked into as a feature expansion. Ship stuff as general needs a complete polish.
1) Graphical and will be part of the cleanup
2) Same, part of cleanup
3) Location is a tag to organize the list, the cycler is trying to mirror the character inventory and one of the options is 'not on board'
4) Part of cleanup

Dragonrose0
December 12th, 2020, 10:07
The dragonkin from AA2 is missing from the race list

Samarex
December 12th, 2020, 14:11
The dragonkin from AA2 is missing from the race list

Dragonkin are in Alien Archive 1 not 2

Ulric
December 24th, 2020, 01:41
When an NPC starship has multiple weapons on the same Arc the GM can not roll the DMG dice for the first weapon. Example Fang Fighter from Dead Suns AP 5 has these for the Front Arc "high explosive missile launcher (4d8) and twin laser (5d8)". To fix this this a ";" must be inserted after the first weapons DMG dice. EXAMPLE "high explosive missile launcher (4d8); and twin laser (5d8)" This can be done on the CT or on the NPC sstarship sheet. This problem occurred with multiple starships.

I have the latest updates and no EXT installed.

notwithoutcid
December 29th, 2020, 23:49
Starship Tracker/Encounter Issues
I'm not sure if these are necessarily "bugs" or just unimplemented features but here I am regardless:

1. On the Starship Combat Tracker, the faction buttons for moving groups on tokens from the tracker to a map do not work.
They still function normally on the regular combat tracker, they just have no effect on starships.

2. On a related note I was hoping to be able to create encounters (for tracing CR and XP and auto-map placement and such) with starships, but it won't allow starships to be dropped into them.

Starship combat does take quite a long time and I'd rather not have to spend longer setting up with my players waiting so having either of those functions would be really helpful.

Thank you very much for all you do ;)

madman
December 30th, 2020, 00:48
Hello and Welcome!

1. Not sure on this. I think it was just not implemented.
2. You are correct, they will not work with encounters. This has been requested. I hope it gets added as well.

Madman..

notwithoutcid
January 3rd, 2021, 08:00
hi I got another one. sorry if I'm being a pain, documentation is fairly vague - a dev tracker would be nice :confused:

I set up a custom ability under the action tabs to handle trick attacks for an operative.

hitting the "Use" button will roll the specified skill check against a DC 20+CR

It *technically* works, that is to say, the chat TEXT shows whether it fails or not correctly.

However for those rolls, regardless of the outcome, the ICON always shows as a success, and never the fail/miss.

Is this something that is fixable?

See attached, where a natural 1 roll (vs a DC 25) says it failed but shows success.

jrock1
January 3rd, 2021, 23:59
SFRPG:
There's an issue with the Entangled condition when attacking with DEX based weapons (e.g. ranged weapons such as the Azimuth Laser Riffle). It's giving a -4 to attack rolls instead of the correct value: -2.

Entangled states: You move at half speed; you cannot run or charge; and you take a -2 penalty to AC, attack rolls, Reflex saves, initiative checks, and Dex-based skill and ability checks.

Please help to correct this issue.
Thank you.

Stadlerc
January 4th, 2021, 03:05
When leveling the PC's to level 11, I noticed that they are getting their 12th level theme early. For example, our Mercenary shows they are getting "Squad Leader" at 11th level rather then 12th. Chart appears to show correctly in the theme when looking it up. (NOTE: This appears to happen not only from 10 - 11 as noted above in further testing)

Steps to Reproduce..
1) create a character with the Icon theme
2) Level him to level 5
NOTE: Feature 'Celebrity' added to 'Nix Nightshade' was triggered when he hit level 5 rather then level 6..

Core RPG ruleset v3.3.12A for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
SFRPG ruleset v2.1.17 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2004-2020 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Window Saver v0.5.1 for FG V.3.x Copyright 2017 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
Author: James (Lokiare) Holloway.
Starfinder Bars Theme v1.6 by Steve Buza

superteddy57
January 4th, 2021, 05:55
Thank you for the reports. We will be looking these over and see what is going on.

superteddy57
January 4th, 2021, 13:15
When an NPC starship has multiple weapons on the same Arc the GM can not roll the DMG dice for the first weapon. Example Fang Fighter from Dead Suns AP 5 has these for the Front Arc "high explosive missile launcher (4d8) and twin laser (5d8)". To fix this this a ";" must be inserted after the first weapons DMG dice. EXAMPLE "high explosive missile launcher (4d8); and twin laser (5d8)" This can be done on the CT or on the NPC sstarship sheet. This problem occurred with multiple starships.

I have the latest updates and no EXT installed.

All of the ships have not been updated to accommodate this and will be relayed to the dev to get those updated.

superteddy57
January 4th, 2021, 17:30
hi I got another one. sorry if I'm being a pain, documentation is fairly vague - a dev tracker would be nice :confused:

I set up a custom ability under the action tabs to handle trick attacks for an operative.

hitting the "Use" button will roll the specified skill check against a DC 20+CR

It *technically* works, that is to say, the chat TEXT shows whether it fails or not correctly.

However for those rolls, regardless of the outcome, the ICON always shows as a success, and never the fail/miss.

Is this something that is fixable?

See attached, where a natural 1 roll (vs a DC 25) says it failed but shows success.

This action was setup to use the attack code to allow targeting and to produce opposed checks and uses those icons as well. Since the text is producing the correct output, I would ignore the icon for now till a finer solution is found for this feature.

superteddy57
January 5th, 2021, 06:05
SFRPG:
There's an issue with the Entangled condition when attacking with DEX based weapons (e.g. ranged weapons such as the Azimuth Laser Riffle). It's giving a -4 to attack rolls instead of the correct value: -2.

Entangled states: You move at half speed; you cannot run or charge; and you take a -2 penalty to AC, attack rolls, Reflex saves, initiative checks, and Dex-based skill and ability checks.

Please help to correct this issue.
Thank you.

I tested this with a few characters and was not able to replicate the -4 to the AC results you seem to be reporting. I tested with a ranged attack from an NPC and it was removing -2 from the AC of the attack as you have mentioned is the rules. Can you further test this and see if you can give me more information on the combat scenario that this is appearing?

superteddy57
January 5th, 2021, 06:08
When leveling the PC's to level 11, I noticed that they are getting their 12th level theme early. For example, our Mercenary shows they are getting "Squad Leader" at 11th level rather then 12th. Chart appears to show correctly in the theme when looking it up. (NOTE: This appears to happen not only from 10 - 11 as noted above in further testing)

Steps to Reproduce..
1) create a character with the Icon theme
2) Level him to level 5
NOTE: Feature 'Celebrity' added to 'Nix Nightshade' was triggered when he hit level 5 rather then level 6..

Core RPG ruleset v3.3.12A for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
SFRPG ruleset v2.1.17 for Fantasy Grounds

Window Saver v0.5.1 for FG V.3.x Copyright 2017 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
Author: James (Lokiare) Holloway.
Starfinder Bars Theme v1.6 by Steve Buza

This was found and will be updated with the Tuesday update.

Starship Tracker/Encounter Issues
I'm not sure if these are necessarily "bugs" or just unimplemented features but here I am regardless:

1. On the Starship Combat Tracker, the faction buttons for moving groups on tokens from the tracker to a map do not work.
They still function normally on the regular combat tracker, they just have no effect on starships.

2. On a related note I was hoping to be able to create encounters (for tracing CR and XP and auto-map placement and such) with starships, but it won't allow starships to be dropped into them.

Starship combat does take quite a long time and I'd rather not have to spend longer setting up with my players waiting so having either of those functions would be really helpful.

Thank you very much for all you do ;)

A fix for the faction buttons will be added with the next Tuesday update. The creation of ship encounters is on the list of features to be expanded. Currently new features can't be focused on till majority of the bugs have been taken cared of and a great base game is available. Once that is in place we will start adding in new features.

jrock1
January 5th, 2021, 17:50
I tested this with a few characters and was not able to replicate the -4 to the AC results you seem to be reporting. I tested with a ranged attack from an NPC and it was removing -2 from the AC of the attack as you have mentioned is the rules. Can you further test this and see if you can give me more information on the combat scenario that this is appearing?

The attacker, attacking with a DEX-based (ranged) weapon, must be the one who is entangled (not the Target, not AC); you will see that they will get a -4 to the attack instead of -2.

To recreate:
1. PC#1 is hit with a stickybomb grenade and becomes entangled for 4 rounds; as GM I use a custom effect from the Effects icon: Entangled (4 rounds) and drag-drop it to PC#1.
2. It's PC#1's turn and attacks with an Azimuth Laser Rifle (a DEX-based (ranged) weapon).
3. Since PC#1 is entangled, they should only receive a -2 penalty to the attack per SF CRB (3rd Printing p.275-276); however, FG gives them a -4 to the attack roll instead (in error).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

superteddy57
January 5th, 2021, 18:31
Thanks for the clarification. I'll dig a bit to see why it's doubling up.

superteddy57
January 5th, 2021, 21:25
I checked it over and it gets factored in two different places. I will need some more testing to ensure my new code doesn't affect other effects. I'll plan on an update later in the week, but will not be part of today's update.

Ravien999
January 6th, 2021, 03:37
Running into a couple of weird bugs.

1. Starship system seems wonk'd when it comes to a bunch of different stuff on NPCs, namely that the automation for NPCs seems nonexistent other than for attacks. But the BUG here is that it seems that double clicking on INIT doesn't seem to work right, namely it doesn't apply the piloting bonus of the ship (Example tested: Crypt Warden from Dead Suns 6)

2. New Vechicles as NPCs system seems a little broken in practice. Namely that vehicles with weapons have no way to properly roll for them through the NPC, since they're manned emplacements, or to auto-apply the penalties to the emplacements or the NPC riding it.

3. Dead Suns 6: Hangar Bay Encounter: Switching it to the Vehicle as NPC is cool for the encounter record, but it still needs the regular NPC record because its not an independent NPC.

4. I can't figure out why I have a PC that is getting resistance applied against them improperly. This PC (xml attached) is using a custom weapon coded as damage "4d4+11 C; Corrode 1d6" but when attacking (Dead Suns 6) Corpsefolk Marine, which only has DR 5/magic, it is being partly resisted, which is inaccurate. This is not having the same issue as another PC's Zero pistol, hailstorm.

5. Enemy starships are showing all the HP/Shield stats to Players despite not being configured for such for regular encounters. Granted, this is something that is easily accessible via Scan, but should be a quick-access toggle (preferably tied to the Identified tag, since that's where you get the info from), and not visible by default

superteddy57
January 6th, 2021, 13:53
1) I tested with a random ship NPC and everything seems to be working as intended. The crew fields are double clickable as well to help GMs roll crew actions.

2 & 3) Vehicles have not really been expanded upon besides adding attacks. The reasoning behind merging them was to allow them to be available on the CT and to track damage. There are plans to expand vehicles, but act as solo entities when it comes to the CT.

5) Thanks for the feedback, it will be considered

notwithoutcid
January 6th, 2021, 17:36
Initiative rolls from the crew tab of the PC Ship Sheet are not added to the Ship-CT.

Initiative rolls from the Ship-CT as the GM, for a PC Ship only add the Pilot Ranks, when it should add the total modifier.

superteddy57
January 7th, 2021, 12:38
Initiative rolls from the crew tab of the PC Ship Sheet are not added to the Ship-CT.

Initiative rolls from the Ship-CT as the GM, for a PC Ship only add the Pilot Ranks, when it should add the total modifier.

I was able to see that the PC ship sheet would not roll initiative if a pilot is in the crew position. This will be added to the update along with Entangling fix. Both initiative rolls for PC and NPC ships are factoring the full bonus for the piloting check from my testing. If you are rolling the crew roll from the NPC crew tab on the CT, this won't roll initiative. You can double click the init box in the CT for the NPC ship to roll initiative. If you are experiencing issues, please provide more information and images if possible. This will help in my testing to see where it is failing.

Ulric
January 9th, 2021, 03:01
Some of the columns on Armor Table need to be expanded to show the entire name of the column table. See attached screenshot.

Ulric
January 9th, 2021, 15:29
I have attached a screenshot of the two weapons. These links are bad in both the GM and Player modules and all versions of each weapon. When you click on the image link it creates a new blank image as shown in the Images window. FG is current version and no EXT are loaded.

Ulric
January 9th, 2021, 15:46
The AA4 Player Module is missing the Images link in the library view. If you open the "Images" window there is not a category for the AA4 Player Module. FG is current version and no EXT loaded. AA4 Module was unloaded and reset and reloaded and the Image link was still missing. See screenshot for more details.

madman
January 10th, 2021, 01:29
I'll check it out. Thanks for reporting it.
Yep. I'll get them fixed

Madman..

tschellenberg
January 11th, 2021, 04:09
I wanted to say first that the ruleset is great. It's amazing what you can do with it.

I am having two issues that I wanted to see if someone can help me out with. This could very well be user error so please let me know if there's something I might be missing and just doing improperly.

1. When I change the type of a 'Spell Class' by clicking on the star, person, or book in the spell class header, it changes the behavior in some ways that I'm looking for. However, it doesn't seem to be saving it. When I close the session completely and come back in, it's set back to 'Spontaneous spell caster'. Is there an easy way to save the setting or do I need to set it somewhere else for it to be retained?

2. I'm trying to code up Harrying Fire. Maybe this is the wrong way to go but I'm trying to do it as an effect on the target rather than a buff on a PC. I've got it written up as an effect using 'Harrying Fire; EAC: -2; KAC: -2' with duration of 1 round. The expend part is not working quite the way I was thinking would but maybe it's working the way it's supposed to. If I set it to 'Never', it applies the effect when a second character makes an attack as expected but the effect is not cleared as I'm looking for based on the rules. If I set it to 'On next roll' and roll an attack, according to the chat, the effect is expired but it doesn't seem to get applied to the attack roll. Finally, if I set it to 'Once per modifier' it seems to get applied to the attack roll and at least partially cleared afterwards. For my purposes, I think that the 'Once per modifier' will work the way I need it. My first thought was to set it as 'On next roll' but that didn't do what I was anticipating. Do I just have a misunderstanding of how the 'On next roll' behavior should work?

Cheers

Evolivolution
January 11th, 2021, 15:08
Hey there tschellenberg,

1. I can reproduce this. Also, I never used that feature before. Idk what kind of homebrew you use, but all classes in Starfinder are spontaneous casters so that should be fine. Now for the abilities that aren't spells I programm them in the actions tab of a PC's sheet. My advise would be to try that, at least until they fix this bug.

2. Try to go with 'Harrying Fire; AC: -2' duration 1 round and expends on next roll. Works for me.

tschellenberg
January 11th, 2021, 15:35
Thanks for the help Evolivolution. I appreciate you taking a look at it.

A little bit more detail and a question:

For #1, I'm trying to include spell like abilities such as the racial ones; these are just for regular character classes and races from the book without any homebrew. It appears that if I can change it to an alternative 'Spell Class', there's a way to manage once/day spells where each spell is handled individually rather than will a pool of spells/day that the spontaneous casting class has. For some of the other entries that are less spell like, I'll have a look at adding them to the actions tab. As it is right now, it will work okay for but it was something I noticed and think I could make use of.

With respect to #2, thanks for looking at that. I'll give it a try. Anything obvious stand out as incorrect with what I was doing before?

Cheers

Evolivolution
January 11th, 2021, 17:32
The action tab works great for stuff that you have a certain amount of per day. For example here: 42786 I have quickly made the dragonkins breath weapon and used it on an enemy. Notice the little tick on the left side of it. You or your player will have to set that tick themselves when they used it but it still works for tracking thats sort of stuff. Now what's also cool is that all the ticks get removed when the character takes a full rest, so this is very neat for x/day type of things. The dragonkins breath weapon is a bad example I guess, due to its once/short rest limitation but it still works.

For the second thing. I can tell you why it didn't work for the 'once per modifier'. The way you set it up it uses the EAC debuff once and the KAC debuff once, so twice in total. That's why it didn't remove the effect as a whole but only part of it instead. Now 'never' I think is obviously not gonna work cause the effect get's removed after the timer runs out. 'On next roll' should also work with the wording you used. I can imagine you missed the chat output that tells you how it effected the target. It's easy to miss, especially if you're new to the ruleset or FG in general. Here another screeshot for reference: 42787. You can see the effect expiering and only in the attack massage there is a notice of what effects actually influenced the attack. And here again with the wording you chose initially: 42788. Again I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

tschellenberg
January 11th, 2021, 18:20
Thanks again for the screenshots and suggestions. I'll give that a try!

Cheers

jrock1
January 12th, 2021, 21:13
Hi,
When adding the Paranormal Investigator Theme from Signal of Screams AP 1 (book 1 of 3), I received an error and the theme was not applied. Weirdly enough, after I leveled-up a PC to level 2, I was able to apply the Theme.

Please see the error message attached.

Note that every AP has one or more theme offerings and they might all not be in book #1 of each AP.
Thank you.

jrock1
January 13th, 2021, 04:03
Support:
I came across this visual issue that actually blacked-out some fields:

Ulric
January 13th, 2021, 04:56
Support:
It’s been happening for a couple of months now.

superteddy57
January 13th, 2021, 15:18
Support:

I may have found the issue related to these graphical issues and will be inputting a fix for the Tuesday update.

jrock1
January 13th, 2021, 17:12
PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST. EVO demonstrated what was happing. It appears I altered the INIT adjustment field on the target's effect (within the Combat Tracker), which resulted in the issue I was having per below.

Hi,
Starfinder has conditions that can expend on the start of a PC's or NPC's next turn; however, there's no way to input this type of duration (to expend on Start of Next Turn (SoNT)). As a result, some or all of the PCs, depending on INIT are losing the intended bonuses.

An example where an ability expends on SoNT is the Envoy's Get 'Em ability, it states:

As a move action, you can choose one enemy within 60 feet. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies gain a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls made against that enemy. The bonus persists even if the enemy moves beyond 60 feet or out of line of sight or hearing. At 6th level, you can spend 1 Resolve Point to grant this bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls against all enemies who are within 60 feet.

But if this ability is added to the Actions tab in any way, it will either expend at the end of the target's next turn or not expend at all. Note: In testing, the PC has a lower INIT than the target. Also for testing purposes, ensure that you have other PCs turns prior to the Envoy's turn, but after the Target's turn, to clearly show the issue occurring.

Screenshot of the Envoy's Get 'Em setup:

I believe PF2RPG has added a way to allow expend on SoNT; however, this may still be pointing to the Target (not the player who used the Action):

Can you please add the option to SFRPG?
Thank you.

PLEASE DISREGARD

Evolivolution
January 13th, 2021, 17:17
But isn't 'until the start of your next turn' just duration: 1 round?

superteddy57
January 13th, 2021, 17:17
Thanks for the feedback, we will take that into consideration.

jrock1
January 13th, 2021, 17:21
But isn't 'until the start of your next turn' just duration: 1 round?

No, it is not. 1 round duration will cause the effect to end on the Target's EoNT the following round. Note that the PC's INIT is lower than the target's INIT for testing purposes.

***Also for testing, ensure there's multiple PCs before the Envoy's turn (after the Target's turn) to show the issue happening clearly. Said PCs will lose the +1 attack bonus due to this issue.

Evolivolution
January 13th, 2021, 18:52
I just tested it, with multiple different setups. Here is one with 2 inbetween the Test Envoy and the enemy Skittermander and also the other way around. As you can see the effect lasts until it's Test's turn again. To be specific 'until the start of your next turn'.

jrock1
January 13th, 2021, 19:03
I just tested it, with multiple different setups. Here is one with 2 inbetween the Test Envoy and the enemy Skittermander and also the other way around. As you can see the effect lasts until it's Test's turn again. To be specific 'until the start of your next turn'.

I'm not getting that result, if you're on Discord I could screen-share with you. Is there a way I can PM you here so I can send you a link to my Discord?

Evolivolution
January 13th, 2021, 19:05
Yeah you can see my discord ID right here under my messages :)

jrock1
January 13th, 2021, 19:43
Yeah you can see my discord ID right here under my messages :)

Hi Evo,
Thank you for your help! So as long as two PCs do not share the same INIT or the effect's INIT adjustment field hasn't been adjusted, the duration works properly: the effect ends at the start of the Envoy's turn.
I will update my post above.
Best regards,
jrock1

tyschumm
January 15th, 2021, 02:04
There is a problem when trying to use the paranormal investigator theme when making a character.

jrock1
January 15th, 2021, 05:09
There is a problem when trying to use the paranormal investigator theme when making a character.

I posted the same issue above and added the fact there's multiple themes in APs, but not always in book 1 of the AP.

I found a work around by leveling up the character to Level 2 and then apply the Theme, but my players needed to start at level 2.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

madman
January 15th, 2021, 17:37
I am looking into it. (paranormal investigator) I am not sure why it does not work as expected. Thanks for reporting it.
I'll figure it out and get it fixed.

Madman..

madman
January 15th, 2021, 18:06
Fixed and Updated. Should go out with the updates soon.

This was a ruleset issue, I found a workaround though.

superteddy57
January 15th, 2021, 20:46
Fixed and Updated. Should go out with the updates soon.

Found also an issue related to themes and an update will be added to fix this bug.

notwithoutcid
January 15th, 2021, 21:25
Hi there again.
This feels like it may be another "yet to be implemented" thing but here we go:

skills, AC bonuses, etc. have typed bonuses that should not stack. based on the SF effects thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists/page3) those types are:
alchemical, armor, circumstance, competence, deflection, dodge, enhancement, insight, luck, morale, natural, profane, racial, resistance, sacred, shield, size

here is the issue, if you put a permanent typed bonus in the sheet, and later add an effect with a bonus of the SAME type they will stack. They SHOULD only use the highest singular bonus of that type.

First example: Operative with insight bonuses (basically to everything) due to class abilities - placed in the insight column of the character sheet under the skill tab. Later on, gets temporarily buffed with an insight bonus to diplomacy which is added as an effect.

Diplomacy bonus; SKILL: 2 insight,diplomacy
This results in two separate +2 insight bonuses resulting in a +4 modifier, instead of the correct +2.

Second example: Same operative - with a dex mod of +5 a racial mod of +1 and wearing Basic Lashunta tempweave (+4/+4) for a total AC of 20. Again add in a temporary buff to ARMOR AC as an effect.

Magic Armor; AC:4 armor
When targeted with attacks it is against the stacked AC of 24, instead of what should still be 20.

I should also note that multiple EFFECTS of the same type do NOT stack, it just appears to not compare it to what is already in the sheet.

Cheers.

deer_buster
January 15th, 2021, 22:46
Hi there again.
This feels like it may be another "yet to be implemented" thing

This...

masterqgj
January 16th, 2021, 18:35
Adding an custom NPC ship, that does not have a token set, to the combat tracker results in an "NIL value error".

Workaround: Add a token :)

Stigfinnaren
January 17th, 2021, 15:40
Maybe not a bug, more of a question I guess. There are for me some inconsistencies between GM and Players versions of modules. For example regarding available player races. I read somewhere that it should be considered player data and therefore only available in the players version. I try to only load GM versions to avoid duplicate data entries, so my personal preference would be to have all data available in the GM versions. Might be some reason why it's not, but then my question is why it is mixed in SF Alien Archives like below.

Alien Archive - has playable races in players module only
Alien Archive 2 - has playable races in both players and GM modules
Alien Archive 3 - has playable races in players module only
Alien Archive 4 - has playable races in both players and GM modules

To see all as GM I have to load players module for AA and AA3, but not the other two. See image below.

https://abload.de/thumb/fgsfn9jd0.png (https://abload.de/img/fgsfn9jd0.png)

masterqgj
January 17th, 2021, 17:24
Maybe not a bug, more of a question I guess. There are for me some inconsistencies between GM and Players versions of modules. For example regarding available player races. I read somewhere that it should be considered player data and therefore only available in the players version. I try to only load GM versions to avoid duplicate data entries, so my personal preference would be to have all data available in the GM versions. Might be some reason why it's not, but then my question is why it is mixed in SF Alien Archives like below.
[...]

Same here, i'd prefer that, to reduce duplicate entrys.

Ulric
January 17th, 2021, 19:24
Same here, i'd prefer that, to reduce duplicate entrys.

Me too!

Samarex
January 17th, 2021, 23:10
Yes we need to fix the inconsistentcy, but they should not be in the GM module. The reason for this is when Race, Theme and Class are dropped on a PC it is linked to the module (the record is not copied).
So if a GM creates PCs using the GM module the PCs will not be able to open the Race or Theme as it is linked to a mod they don't have access too.
So the Players modules should be used to create PCs.

Stigfinnaren
January 18th, 2021, 00:06
So the GM should load both modules. The issue is that some data should not be in the GM version which is also causing duplicates. And with the current status, one should always select (Players) version if creating characters for the players. I'm new to FG so still learning. Noticed that Near Space, Pact Worlds and adventure books also have player info like Theme in the GM version.

superteddy57
January 18th, 2021, 00:38
So the GM should load both modules. The issue is that some data should not be in the GM version which is also causing duplicates. And with the current status, one should always select (Players) version if creating characters for the players. I'm new to FG so still learning. Noticed that Near Space, Pact Worlds and adventure books also have player info like Theme in the GM version.

Correct, the module creation process laid out for commercial products is the player needed data should be in the player's module, and the rest in the GM module. So record types like races, themes, and classes, should be in the player's module so player's have access to them.

Samarex
January 18th, 2021, 01:36
Correct, the module creation process laid out for commercial products is the player needed data should be in the player's module, and the rest in the GM module. So record types like races, themes, and classes, should be in the player's module so player's have access to them.

I will work this week on getting most the books updated to this format.

bratch9
January 18th, 2021, 11:43
I will work this week on getting most the books updated to this format.

Another example of this type of issue is in 'Dead Suns, part 1, incident at absalom station'.

the item 'Spell Ampoule (Restoration, Lesser)', other tab references the GM version of the spell, which is not available for the player side. ( or in the player module.. )

I'm sure many many cross links like this exist over all the rule sets/cores/adventure paths etc. ( I just made it public in the GM module to resolve the issue.. )

I'd like to see duplicates of data removed, but I'm not sure that player modules should exist, when you could configure GM items to be public and have all the data in one module. ( Much like the 'core' book, the gm and players load )

I know the current standing is to have both, but I feel you will just end up moving most of the GM stuff into the Player module and the GM module will become 'slim'.

One module and use of 'public/identified' marking reduced the items to load, and reduces the need for players to 'load modules' because the data will be shared from the gm side. ( I've had players that did not load the player modules etc... causing confusion and sorting needed.. ) I'm not sure 'players' should even configure modules, I feel if the GM sets it a 'player load' the game should just 'auto' load that module at the players side....

I also think in the this path, I'm not a massive fan of the player module having the images for the likes of 'Ungarato', and items ( like 'Mask of the mantis' etc ).. As I'm not sure I want the players to be able to 'see' possibly into future items or read descriptions that might hint/suggest things in the future...

But these things are a complex call to decide if they should be in gm or player modules, Because of this I dont even load the 'player' module at the gm side and so players dont get the option to load them either. ( I do check what is in the players module to decide this... but if loads of things end up needed in the player module I then will not have that option.. )

-pete

cut from the player character inventory.. '<link class="spelldesc" recordname="reference.spell.restoration_lesser@Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station">Restoration, Lesser</link>'

<id-00017>
<abilityscore type="number">0</abilityscore>
<ac type="number">10</ac>
<acpenalty type="number">0</acpenalty>
<bulk type="string">L</bulk>
<carried type="number">1</carried>
<charges type="number">0</charges>
<consumedslots type="number">0</consumedslots>
<count type="number">1</count>
<description type="formattedtext">
<linklist>
<link class="spelldesc" recordname="reference.spell.restoration_lesser@Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station">Restoration, Lesser</link>
</linklist>
<p>Spell ampoules are injectable magic, where the essence of a magic spell has been condensed into a liquid form and prepared for injection into a creature. Known colloquially as &#34;spell amps,&#34; these heady, ready-to-use magic injections can be used only once. A spell amp duplicates the effect of a beneficial spell (a spell with &#34;harmless&#34; in its Saving Throw or Spell Resistance entry), excluding divination spells or spells that create some link between the caster and the target. In addition, the spell must be 3rd level or lower, have a casting time of 1 minute or less, and target one or more creatures (but not spells that target just the spellcaster). If a spell targets both creatures and objects, it only affects creatures when used as a spell amp. If a spell requires expending a Resolve Point to cast, it also requires the user to spend a Resolve Point when used as a spell amp (if you choose not to spend a Resolve Point or don't have any Resolve Points remaining, the spell amp has no effect).</p>
<p>A spell amp always has an item level equal to three times the level of the spell it duplicates (treat as a 2nd-level item for spell amps with 0-level spells), and a caster level equal to its item level. Creating a spell ampoule has the same requirements as creating a spell gem.</p>
<p>You can only use a spell ampoule on yourself or a willing or unconscious creature. Injecting yourself or a willing creature with a spell ampoule is a standard action, while injecting an unconscious creature is a full action. Spell amps take effect as if the spell had been cast upon the creature injected. When you are injected with a spell amp, you get to make any decisions about the spell's effect as if you were the caster of the spell — you are both the effective target and the caster of the effect.</p>
</description>
<eacbonus type="number">0</eacbonus>
<hardness type="number">11</hardness>
<hp type="number">11</hp>
<isidentified type="number">1</isidentified>
<kacbonus type="number">0</kacbonus>
<level type="number">6</level>
<locked type="number">1</locked>
<magicitem type="number">0</magicitem>
<name type="string">Spell Ampoule (Restoration, Lesser)</name>
<nonid_name type="string">Spell Ampoule</nonid_name>
<price type="string">700</price>
<showonminisheet type="number">1</showonminisheet>
<strength_enc type="number">0</strength_enc>
<subtype type="string">Spell Ampoule</subtype>
<type type="string">Magic Item</type>
<upgradeslots type="number">0</upgradeslots>
<weaponslots type="number">0</weaponslots>
<weight type="number">0.1</weight>
</id-00017>

Evolivolution
January 19th, 2021, 13:58
When equipping a Powered Armor, your strength score gets set to 0 and a little blue icon get's displayed (which I assume is wanted behavior) but your modifiers don't get adjusted according to the armors strength. So Melee attack bonus is now 0+BAB istead of STR+BAB, Melee DMG doesn't add the STR, Athletics skill check also don't get's a bonus anymore, Resolve Points don't get calculated accurately when your Key Ability Score is Str.

superteddy57
January 19th, 2021, 14:21
The icon is expected, but the strength score should equal the item's strength. This is the player's new strength when the powered armor is equipped. I have tested with the battle harness and power glove and verified the bonuses are being factored correctly with those items. You might need to provide more information for why we are not seeing the same thing.

Evolivolution
January 19th, 2021, 14:30
Then idk why it doesn't work for my PC:
Didn't screenshot the Skill or Ability Tab but bonuses don't apply there eigther. Only thing I did was to swap the Battle Harness from carried to equipped.

superteddy57
January 19th, 2021, 14:47
This is what I was able to reproduce with a fresh character sheet and adding the battle harness and glove.

Try inputting the correct score in the box before you shift from carried to equipped and see if it retains the previous score.

Evolivolution
January 19th, 2021, 15:00
Okay I found the issue. Powered armors have 2 strength values. One of them is for the powered armor function and one functions like a bagpack (prob same encoding). I removed one because my PC was getting too high of a carrying capacity. Evidently I removed the wrong one. Maybe remove that section for powered armors.

superteddy57
January 19th, 2021, 15:21
I see what you mean. I'll see why there are two.

LokiTheWanderer
January 19th, 2021, 18:13
I'm not 100% certain this is a bug, but this seemed the right place to post it.

In the Starfinder Starship Operations Manual, Inubrix thrusters and weapon mounts were introduced. I don't see a way in building a PC ship to specify Inubrix thrusters or weapon mounts at all. Is there a way that I'm overlooking, and if not, would it be possible, now that special materials are being included for starships, to include a version of the item forge specific to starships?

Thanks.

superteddy57
January 19th, 2021, 18:17
I would say any new functionality for ships presented in SOM is not currently available.

jrock1
January 20th, 2021, 05:47
Hi,
I get the following error every time I take anything from a module and copy it to a campaign.

Steps to recreate the error:
1. Start or load a campaign and load the module you're planning to run.
2. Load Alien Archive.
3. Open NPCs and filter to Alien Archive.
4. Open a random alien from the archive and set the NPC sheet aside.
5. From NPCs, filter to the module for your campaign.
6. Drag the Paizo logo icon from the Alien NPC sheet you opened to your campaign's NPCs.
7. Unload the Alien Archive.
8. Exit the campaign (to the home screen).
9. Error is thrown.

Notes:
a. You can recreate the error with any item or image as well.
b. The item, image, or NPC you copied to the campaign is saved (as intended).

Regards,

Evolivolution
January 20th, 2021, 23:52
Deck of Many Worlds doesn't have any content (apart form the reference manual): 43064

Samarex
January 21st, 2021, 00:14
Deck of Many Worlds doesn't have any content (apart form the reference manual): 43064

You access thru the Worlds sidebar. Make sure you have the Extensions loaded, and selected from the Library List ( Top)

Evolivolution
January 21st, 2021, 01:15
Okay I tested around a bit. I did find the extention and I tried to load with them. Lots of ERRORS incoming. I'm on v2.1.18 SFRPG and v3.3.12A for Core RPG, should be the latest. I will leave the previous and next console message in so you can have a better reference.
1st is right when you load into the campaign:

[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 9.0488527 - SFRPG
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/submit.png) for icon (submit). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cancel_button.png) for icon (cancel). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/edit.png) for icon (edit). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cards_front.png) for icon (cards_front). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cards_front_down.png) for icon (cards_front_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cards_back_down.png) for icon (cards_back_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/random.png) for icon (random). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/random_down.png) for icon (random_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/random_world.png) for icon (random_world). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:27 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/DoMW_up.png) for icon (button_domw). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:27 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/DoMW_down.png) for icon (button_domw_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:30 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 4.2779625 - 2

Otherwise the campaign loads just fine, then I loaded 'Deck of Many Worlds' module. No errors here. I did locate the Locations section in the library and ticked it but it doesn't have an icon. 43065
I was still able to open up the window. Then I tried to open the CoMW link in the top left but I got these ERROR messages:

[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapientprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapientprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapientprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threatprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threatprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threatprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapientprime"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient2"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient3"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient4"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient5"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient6"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threatprime"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat2"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat3"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat4"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat5"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat6"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (cardbag)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (backcard4) in control (card4) in class (cardbag)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (backcard4) in control (card4) in class (cardbag)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (backcard4) in control (card4) in class (cardbag)

I tested the functionality of the DoMW itself and it seems to work fine so far. I was able to do everything I tried so far.
Last thing... I tried to open my exported world after I submitted one and it appeared in the Locations-window and I got this message:

[1/21/2021 1:56:31 AM] desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (sf_world : sf_world.id-00001)

I'm not sure if this belongs into Bug -Reports now...

Evolivolution
January 21st, 2021, 01:19
But I do wanna say that this already looks like a great module for homebrewing GMs. Big thank you for putting in the work on this project Samarex.

On a different note: The new module 'The Threefold Conspiracy AP 6, Puppets Without Strings' doesn't seem to have a Player version. I didn't check the source book to check if there really isn't anything in there to make a player version but this seemd very odd.

Samarex
January 21st, 2021, 01:54
Okay I tested around a bit. I did find the extention and I tried to load with them. Lots of ERRORS incoming. I'm on v2.1.18 SFRPG and v3.3.12A for Core RPG, should be the latest. I will leave the previous and next console message in so you can have a better reference.
1st is right when you load into the campaign:

[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 9.0488527 - SFRPG
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/submit.png) for icon (submit). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cancel_button.png) for icon (cancel). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/edit.png) for icon (edit). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cards_front.png) for icon (cards_front). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cards_front_down.png) for icon (cards_front_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/cards_back_down.png) for icon (cards_back_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/random.png) for icon (random). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/random_down.png) for icon (random_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:26 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/random_world.png) for icon (random_world). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:27 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/DoMW_up.png) for icon (button_domw). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:27 AM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/buttons/DoMW_down.png) for icon (button_domw_down). [Deck of Many Worlds] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[1/21/2021 1:53:30 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 4.2779625 - 2

Otherwise the campaign loads just fine, then I loaded 'Deck of Many Worlds' module. No errors here. I did locate the Locations section in the library and ticked it but it doesn't have an icon. 43065
I was still able to open up the window. Then I tried to open the CoMW link in the top left but I got these ERROR messages:

[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapientprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapientprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapientprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (sapient6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threatprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threatprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threatprime) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat2) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat3) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat4) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat5) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (alien_frame) in control (threat6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (alien_frame) in control (threat6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (alien_frame) in control (threat6) in class (buildwindow)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapientprime"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient2"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient3"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient4"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient5"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "sapient6"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threatprime"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat2"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat3"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat4"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat5"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "threat6"]:7: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist.
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (cardbag)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon (backcard4) in control (card4) in class (cardbag)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (backcard4) in control (card4) in class (cardbag)
[1/21/2021 1:56:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (backcard4) in control (card4) in class (cardbag)

I tested the functionality of the DoMW itself and it seems to work fine so far. I was able to do everything I tried so far.
Last thing... I tried to open my exported world after I submitted one and it appeared in the Locations-window and I got this message:

[1/21/2021 1:56:31 AM] desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (sf_world : sf_world.id-00001)

I'm not sure if this belongs into Bug -Reports now...

Something didn't push right Im looking into it now, I will get it fixed.

Ulric
January 21st, 2021, 03:48
I am also seeing a lot of problems with the DoMW. I am on the latest versions of FGU and SFRPG and only using the DoMW extension.
The Reference manual is blank.
There is no visible button to open the DoMW
If you fast create a world the images on the cards a unreadable.
If you "submit" a created world a entry is created in DoMW story window but the entries will not open.
I also had lots of errors loading the DoMW.
I have a console zip if you need it.

Zaister
January 21st, 2021, 14:36
I can confirm the listed problems and console errors with the DoMW.

Tiderian Prime
January 21st, 2021, 18:52
Agreed, for me DoMW is giving errors in Unity, but it appears to work without any errors in Classic. Thank you Samarex for looking in to this one.

Samarex
January 21st, 2021, 22:46
Agreed, for me DoMW is giving errors in Unity, but it appears to work without any errors in Classic. Thank you Samarex for looking in to this one.

Almost got it, plus the SFLocations extension was not being added, James has fixed that. Running a update will push the extension to your system.

UPDATE:
Fixed console errors listed above. Submitted for update.

Tiderian Prime
January 22nd, 2021, 14:41
Samarex, thank you!

Still getting errors on first load, and when I first open the locations menu. Mostly script errors from specified frame does not exist, or button control could not find normal icons. I can dump any logs here upon request. But, the DoMW now works very well despite those initial warnings/errors. Only one caveat, the Sapient and Threat NPC data sources are pulled directly from the Alien Archive or the Adventure path where they were introduced. Not owning the proper source(s) means the DoMW cannot access that NPC's stats. It does not mention this associated requirement on the FG store webpage. Not sure how difficult it may be to build in a module selector to source only from material owned.

deer_buster
January 22nd, 2021, 14:44
Proficiency Star code appears to be inverted. The "Off" star should indicate non-proficiency, whereas the "Down", or blue star, should indicate proficiency.

Locotomo
January 22nd, 2021, 15:36
Deck of Many Worlds still not working.

Edit : Works now. You guys are on fire :D

Edit : Reference Manual is still empty.

Thx

masterqgj
January 22nd, 2021, 20:18
I found out, that the "basic ablative armor" is calculated wrong. According to the Starship Operations Manual the "Basic Ablative Armor 16" does cost 3 BPs - that does state the infotext from the item in FG too. But if i add it to the ship the armor does actually cost 12 BPs.

This "error" seem to be transferable to all ablative armors - the cost is 4x the amount stated in the table. Since we're using a "medium" ship it might be so because the BPs from the rulebook is multiplied by the ship's size? But the rules do not state that this is needed (Starship Operation Manual, Page 20). I believe FGU is using the same calculation that counts for "Armor MK X" - which indeed is multiplied by ships size.

Tiderian Prime
January 22nd, 2021, 20:28
DoMW is no longer spitting errors, yes, you guys did a great job on this. Some work still needed on the reference manual, but I'm already building a whole set of worlds for my homebrew games.

superteddy57
January 22nd, 2021, 21:14
I found out, that the "basic ablative armor" is calculated wrong. According to the Starship Operations Manual the "Basic Ablative Armor 16" does cost 3 BPs - that does state the infotext from the item in FG too. But if i add it to the ship the armor does actually cost 12 BPs.

This "error" seem to be transferable to all ablative armors - the cost is 4x the amount stated in the table. Since we're using a "medium" ship it might be so because the BPs from the rulebook is multiplied by the ship's size? But the rules do not state that this is needed (Starship Operation Manual, Page 20). I believe FGU is using the same calculation that counts for "Armor MK X" - which indeed is multiplied by ships size.

Thank you for the report, but the features in the Starship Operation Manual are not automated or the ruleset code expanded to accommodate the changes. It currently only has automation up to the Character Operations Manual.

Samarex
January 22nd, 2021, 23:00
Deck of Many Worlds still not working.

Edit : Works now. You guys are on fire :D

Edit : Reference Manual is still empty.

Thx

Yes I need to remake the reference manual. It works in FGC but the images don't show in FGU.
To verify, you say it's fixed. Your not getting errors anymore right?
The first update was adding SFLocations to the package. That was pushed before I got the main extension updated.

Tiderian Prime
January 22nd, 2021, 23:21
Yes I need to remake the reference manual. It works in FGC but the images don't show in FGU.
To verify, you say it's fixed. Your not getting errors anymore right?
The first update was adding SFLocations to the package. That was pushed before I got the main extension updated.

From my experience there no more errors from the console. Works as intended without giving any error messages.

Ulric
January 23rd, 2021, 02:43
DoMW is now loading correctly for me. It seems there are two extensions the must be loaded to use DoMW. There is nothing that tells you to load these two extensions.
The Reference Manual is still broken and unusable.
When you are creating a world the images shown have text that is unreadable due to the low quality of the image. This prevents properly using the cards.

Ulric
January 23rd, 2021, 02:52
I reported problems with AA4 in Post 152, 153, and 154. So far these problems have not been fixed.

deer_buster
January 23rd, 2021, 06:18
I reported problems with AA4 in Post 152, 153, and 154. So far these problems have not been fixed.

Um, okay...lol

madman
January 23rd, 2021, 11:58
Sorry! I fixed it on the 18th. I did not post about it. AA4 has been updated and should be in the updates soon.

Madman..

Ulric
January 23rd, 2021, 16:16
Sorry! I fixed it on the 18th. I did not post about it. AA4 has been updated and should be in the updates soon.

Madman..
Thank you!

Ulric
January 23rd, 2021, 16:22
Um, okay...lol
When you purchase a new product and it's broken you like to know it will be fixed. I could have just asked for a refund. Instead I reported the problem and waited. I don't see how you see anything funny in that? DoMW was unusable the day I purchased it. I did not complain or ask for a refund then either. I reported the bugs and waited for it to be fixed. As a Community Developer I would think you would know to treat users with more respect.

deer_buster
January 24th, 2021, 06:47
When you purchase a new product and it's broken you like to know it will be fixed. I could have just asked for a refund. Instead I reported the problem and waited. I don't see how you see anything funny in that? DoMW was unusable the day I purchased it. I did not complain or ask for a refund then either. I reported the bugs and waited for it to be fixed. As a Community Developer I would think you would know to treat users with more respect.

I was laughing at your apparent expectation that the community developers have nothing better to do than to fix your issue immediately regardless of what else might have priority...either with ruleset issues, product issues that came in before your reported issues, or, you know, real life issues (for instance, Samarex has not been feeling well for several weeks and only recently got back to doing really anything), work issues (only SuperTeddy, of the community developers that are currently working on Starfinder, is a Smiteworks employee, the rest of us poor souls might actually have jobs that keep us busy...for instance I have been working late hours at work due to something beyond my control since August and have only just now been able to release anything Starfinder related).

That door swings both ways...you should give your community developers more respect, as you have no idea what else may be driving their lack of dropping everything to fix your issues.

</rant>

Locotomo
January 24th, 2021, 15:23
Hmm, I donīt know if I like this attitude. I spent a lot of money for Fantasy Grounds. D&D5, PF2nd, Starfinder. I bought all the modules.
I would like that the products get at least a bit tested before they go on sale.

Did you ever wonder why people might look after other VTT alternatives?

Evolivolution
January 24th, 2021, 17:46
I don't get this negativity and passive aggression towards the development team. I know this is not on topic for this thread but it fits the conversation.
Like deer-buster said; The community developers working on this ruleset are putting in the time because they want to not because it's their job. Imagine superteddy working alone on developing the ruleset. Everything here would move along much slower, if at all (no offense superteddy). It is hard to keep up with all the stuff Paizo is releasing. I belive there where 3 rulebooks in the past year, not counting the adventures here, which also sometimes add new mechanics. These all have to be implemented and constantly worked on as the SFRPG-ruleset continues to develop. New features and rules in all these Paizo released content have to be adapted to FG. And keep in mind that FG doesn't run on some cool and easy-to use game engine, which gives you building blocks that you just need to put together. All the new stuff needs to be programmed.
And you are sitting here complaining about newly released modules not beeing tested. Who are you to say it wasn't? I'm very sure Samarex did test it before releasing it. And if it doesn't work, there is a community here which can report bugs and then they get fixed. In pretty much no time at that. If you want propper testing you can start and raise funds to pay a bug-testing team, and then a legal-team as well to keep confidentiallity agreements between SmiteWorks and Paizo, which you have to assume are in place.
The fact that you can post something here in the forums and get a reply from a dev that is actually working on the ruleset within 2 or 3 days is a luxury, that I belive you don't appreciate enough. Try that with any other game. Try to get a bugfix for a product you just purchased within one day in any other forum.
Sure there are many inconveniences with the ruleset right now, but it's working isn't it? And it keeps improving, since I bought this ruleset there was so much beeing done to fix bugs and implement new features. Some games I've been playing the past year haven't gotten even one big patch, even though the really needed it. And they have whole game studios developing them. I can count the devs on this ruleset on one hand.

Please show some more appreciation.

jrock1
January 24th, 2021, 18:08
Ulric wasn't in the wrong, he posted a few bugs and asked for an update, he wasn't being disrespectful. This platform is the best available, with the most content available and only getting better especially with the dedication and efforts of the devs. Bc of the effort put into FG Unity, more and more people see the value and love put into it, and make the jump from other VTTs to Unity.

SFRPG is a very complex TTRPG with many rules and more game mechanics with every new book, even APs introduce new rules, like the underwater adventure rules in FFoD! I commend the FG devs for keeping up as well as they've been, so i want to say thank you to them for the dedicated effort to Starfinder!

Locotomo
January 24th, 2021, 20:01
I also know this doesnīt really belong here, but it bothers me. Last post, I promise :)

Sorry, but the Deck of many Worlds was not working at all (regarding FGU. As far as I know it works on FGC). So I assumed it wasnīt tested.
I appreciate how quick the problem was solved. But in fact, it still isnīt 100% complete.
I also fully understand and appreciate the people working here as freelancers, but there is an online shop and I pay money.

I pay for a product, I am a custumer and donīt like being laughed at. This is unprofessional.
If itīs your opinion that a customer is acting like an idiot, well there are other, nicer ways to tell him, right? :)

Donīt you want me to come back and buy more stuff? Or do you not care?

Regards , Loco

superteddy57
January 24th, 2021, 20:07
We appreciate your feedback and sorry for the direction of this thread has gotten recently. We are open to feedback and criticism and are not trying to quiet this discussion, but would welcome a new thread to be started for this to continue if you wish for it to move forward. We would just like to keep this focused on bug reporting and getting those resolved. Thank you for your understanding.

londrieved
January 24th, 2021, 21:01
So I can't seem to find Cache Augmentation alternate feature for Technomancer (Character Operations Manual) anywhere, but it is listed in the reference document. I was pointed to post about that here.

Samarex
January 24th, 2021, 22:45
I also know this doesnīt really belong here, but it bothers me. Last post, I promise :)

Sorry, but the Deck of many Worlds was not working at all (regarding FGU. As far as I know it works on FGC). So I assumed it wasnīt tested.
I appreciate how quick the problem was solved. But in fact, it still isnīt 100% complete.
I also fully understand and appreciate the people working here as freelancers, but there is an online shop and I pay money.

I pay for a product, I am a custumer and donīt like being laughed at. This is unprofessional.
If itīs your opinion that a customer is acting like an idiot, well there are other, nicer ways to tell him, right? :)

Donīt you want me to come back and buy more stuff? Or do you not care?

Regards , Loco

DoMW was tested by me and James and a couple others before I submitted it for approval.
There were no errors showing in either FGC or FGU.
During the two week time of the approval process there was a update to FGU that added error reporting for missing frames. This was the issue that use showing up.
It was quickly fixed and released.
UPDATE Monday Jan 25: I have fixed the Reference manual for FGU and pushed it for update. It won't be in this week's update as Friday was the deadline for this week.
Update the fix was updated as a Hot Fix so you should see it in the system now.

Samarex
January 24th, 2021, 22:46
So I can't seem to find Cache Augmentation alternate feature for Technomancer (Character Operations Manual) anywhere, but it is listed in the reference document. I was pointed to post about that here.

I will take a look today.

[UPDATE] This has been corrected and submitted for update

wolverat
January 29th, 2021, 16:16
Hey guys... So not sure what's up... Just bought the DoMW (FGU here as well) I load the modules, the reference manual is there, but there is nothin in the library for it, and nothing on the sidebar (Icon on the right)

FGU was updated (for me) when I opened it this morning, (haven't opened it for awhile... life) but I've recently come back and wanted new toys... I see a few people have had luck getting everything to load, but yeah, I haven't yet.

I can't for the life of me remember how to see the logs, otherwise I'd post those for you. Let me know what ya think... Oh and I unloaded EVERYTHING but the DoMW and still nothing too.. Thanks in advance.

Evolivolution
January 29th, 2021, 19:20
Before you load your campaign, in the load campaign screen of FG, you need to activate 2 extensions for the DoMW to work (right side of the window). One is called 'Deck of Many Worlds' and the other one is called 'Feature: Locations (SFRPG)'. If you have both activated when you load the campaign and then load the DoMW module as well you should be able to use it.

Stigfinnaren
January 29th, 2021, 19:49
Yes we need to fix the inconsistentcy, but they should not be in the GM module. The reason for this is when Race, Theme and Class are dropped on a PC it is linked to the module (the record is not copied).
So if a GM creates PCs using the GM module the PCs will not be able to open the Race or Theme as it is linked to a mod they don't have access too.
So the Players modules should be used to create PCs.

I noticed that Alien Archive 4 is fixed now, big thanks. It's not high priority but appreciate the fixes.

Samarex
January 29th, 2021, 23:51
Hey guys... So not sure what's up... Just bought the DoMW (FGU here as well) I load the modules, the reference manual is there, but there is nothin in the library for it, and nothing on the sidebar (Icon on the right)

FGU was updated (for me) when I opened it this morning, (haven't opened it for awhile... life) but I've recently come back and wanted new toys... I see a few people have had luck getting everything to load, but yeah, I haven't yet.

I can't for the life of me remember how to see the logs, otherwise I'd post those for you. Let me know what ya think... Oh and I unloaded EVERYTHING but the DoMW and still nothing too.. Thanks in advance.

First question for reference manual, the images are showing?
If yes the the last section of the manual shows how to use it.
Make sure you load both extensions Deck of Many Worlds and Star Finder Locations. Then once you open campaign in your Library turn on Locations. This will give you a side bar Icon to access the content.

TheFinger
February 5th, 2021, 20:40
Hello,
I am hoping to report a bug as discussed on the discord for Starfinder. After adding the Commando Archetype you are able to drag and drop Commando Conditioning and the other Archetype abilities. What I was running into and unable to find was the Conditioning Styles (ie. Mental Fortress, Combat Chance, Temple Body, etc.) I understand it won't auto include those into the saving throws, but it would be nice to have the 11 conditioning style as options to drag and drop onto the character sheet.

Samarex
February 6th, 2021, 01:54
Hello,
I am hoping to report a bug as discussed on the discord for Starfinder. After adding the Commando Archetype you are able to drag and drop Commando Conditioning and the other Archetype abilities. What I was running into and unable to find was the Conditioning Styles (ie. Mental Fortress, Combat Chance, Temple Body, etc.) I understand it won't auto include those into the saving throws, but it would be nice to have the 11 conditioning style as options to drag and drop onto the character sheet.

I verified this, I will look into getting this fixed ASAP

kenny603
February 7th, 2021, 18:21
Hi, I think something is broken with creating starships and assigning roles in the latest version of Fantasy Grounds Unity. I am running on Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.0.10.

I created a new Starfinder campaign and I've been unable to assign out starship roles to the player characters. I figured maybe I was having an issue with an extension being loaded so I created a new campaign to test with. I imported a character into the new campaign, added that character to the Party Sheet, then created a new player ship, added that player ship to the Party Sheet, and then I tried dragging the character onto the starship role. The character wasn't added to the role. I checked the Ships tab in the character sheet and the player ship isn't listed there either.

I have a campaign I made previously where I was able to create a player starship and assign roles out no problem. I also double checked that the characters in that campaign still have the ship and their roles show up in their sheet, I can still set their role by the dropdown in their sheet, and I can still drag them onto the role on the ship in the Party Sheet. So it looks like this is only affecting newly created ships and not ships that were created and linked previously.

madman
February 7th, 2021, 19:13
Welcome to the Forums!

It seems to work for me. Make sure you are dropping the character to the center of the Role field. It has a small target area.

Madman..

kenny603
February 7th, 2021, 19:20
Wow, you aren't kidding about that small target area... Thanks for the help!

Stadlerc
February 9th, 2021, 22:44
When the user creates a new character, upon selecting a "Theme".. for example in my case Corporate Agent, the user receives a +2 to their stats rather then a +1. The error occurred inside of the following system..\

Fantasy Grounds Unity 4.0.10
(Including compiled logs)

Steps to reproduce..
1) Create a new character
2) Add a theme.
NOTE: when the user adds a theme.. it adds a +2 for a stat bonus..

reference to theme .. Themes - Archives of Nethys: Starfinder RPG Database (aonsrd.com) (https://www.aonsrd.com/Themes.aspx?ItemName=All)

Workaround.. GM manually change theme stat bonus

Samarex
February 10th, 2021, 00:19
When the user creates a new character, upon selecting a "Theme".. for example in my case Corporate Agent, the user receives a +2 to their stats rather then a +1. The error occurred inside of the following system..\

Steps to reproduce..
2) Add a theme.

reference to theme .. Themes - Archives of Nethys: Starfinder RPG Database (aonsrd.com) (https://www.aonsrd.com/Themes.aspx?ItemName=All)

What are you using to drop the theme on your character?
I checked Pact Worlds Players module and the Cha bonus is set to 1 and when dropped on a PC it adds only 1 to Cha. (See Attachment.)

superteddy57
February 10th, 2021, 00:32

Steps to reproduce..
2) Add a theme.

This has been reported and the fix will be implemented once the major update goes live. The ruleset is currently locked down

Stadlerc
February 10th, 2021, 00:54
Ok.. Ive seen it happen twice.. including on that log file. Looks intermittent, so I will try and get better steps to reproduce next time it pops up..

deer_buster
February 11th, 2021, 05:49
Table 4-11 and 4-12 missing from Technomancer class link. Currently only shown in Reference Manual, but needs to be on the Class.

masterqgj
February 13th, 2021, 12:08
Misplaced fields in the party sheet for "Fort", "Ref" and "Will/SR".

Hi,

The fields "Fort", "Ref" and "Will/Sr" in the Party sheet of Starfinder are misaligned. The rollable fields below the headlines are moved somewhat to the left. That doesn't look to well and is sometimes misleading (you can click on the wrong button, for e.g. make a "Will-save" instead of a "Ref-save".

I have added two screenshots showing the issue both, in the default skin set, and in the futuristic skin set:

Basic --> https://prnt.sc/zc183b
Futuristic --> https://prnt.sc/zbx0c1

billyorkfellz
February 17th, 2021, 00:37
Hey everyone.

So this evening a ran the recent update and I can't find the Feats buttom in my side bar. Any ideas? Print annexed. It is not at the library, I checked.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 00:51
Try going to the Options, and pressing the Sidebar button. You can change the modes of your sidebar, or toggle specific record types to appear in the sidebar. Additionally, the mode buttons can be dragged to the hot key bar.

Regards,
JPG

billyorkfellz
February 17th, 2021, 01:50
Thanks muchly!!!

c4pappy
February 17th, 2021, 05:51
In our game tonight the combat tracker was automatically applying damage to enemies done by the characters, but was not applying any damage to characters. Confirmed targeting was working correctly. Rolls to hit were also working correctly, but no damage was applied. I'm using the most recent update on FGU. This the the warning I get on the console:

[2/16/2021 9:49:12 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (chat_resize) in class (chat)
[2/16/2021 9:49:12 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_gmidentity.lua"]:98: attempt to index field 'speaker' (a nil value)
[2/16/2021 9:49:13 PM] RULESET: SFRPG ruleset v2.1.18 for Fantasy Grounds
[2/16/2021 9:49:13 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[2/16/2021 9:49:13 PM] EXTENSION: Starfinder Bars Theme v1.6 by Steve Buza
[2/16/2021 9:49:13 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 16.1444481

c4pappy
February 17th, 2021, 05:52
Double post. Sorry.

tschellenberg
February 17th, 2021, 05:53
I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I updated to 4.0.10 this evening and am having a problem with drag/drop of custom actions across characters.

In the past, I believe I've been able to drag and drop the custom actions I've created (I've got some custom ones for grenades and some player abilities) from one character to another without much trouble. When I tried it today, the name of the action gets copied and an entry is added in the target PC sheet but the rolls/effects/damage/heals inside the action don't. It just has the default spell cast action in there and doesn't have my customization.

I tried a few different campaigns including one that I built up a while ago specifically to create grenade types in and copy from with the same issues in each. Am I missing something simple here?

P.S. I tried searching but wasn't able to dig anything up (my forum search foo isn't great so apologies if I missed something obvious)