PDA

View Full Version : Official Starfinder RPG Bug Report Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

superteddy57
June 12th, 2021, 08:10
The weekly updates are pushed on Tuesday of every week.

Evolivolution
June 12th, 2021, 17:02
The premade 'nonleathal' modifier in the modifier box doesn't work when players roll with it.
47530 first attack was made by my player with the nonleathal modifier, second one was made by me. Everything else was exactly the same.

Littlerogue
June 15th, 2021, 07:13
I just tested again the expansion bays : Now the maneuvrability decrease by one step every time you add an external bay. The correct formula is a decrease for every set of 3 bays (rounded up) : -1 for 1,2 or 3 bays, -2 for 4,5 or 6 etc.

superteddy57
June 15th, 2021, 07:41
I just tested again the expansion bays : Now the maneuvrability decrease by one step every time you add an external bay. The correct formula is a decrease for every set of 3 bays (rounded up) : -1 for 1,2 or 3 bays, -2 for 4,5 or 6 etc.

Thank you for the clarification. I see where it went wrong. I will push another update with the weekly update.

rhohb0tt
June 16th, 2021, 06:29
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread.

The starship Hippocampus from the Deadsuns AP Book #1 does not seem to have the correct stat block working for it.
The ship seems to be missing any thrusters. The shields do not populate and the weapons do not work.

Am I doing anything wrong? Other starships from that book populate just fine.

Thanks,

Rhoh

Littlerogue
June 16th, 2021, 06:53
The formula now work for the turning speed calculation ! :)

... except when you try to remove some external expansion bay :p : i have a base turning distance of +1, corresponding to a good maneuvrability. When i add some EEB, everything works fine : Average (+2) with 1-3 EEB, Poor (+3) with 4-6, Clumsy (+4) with 5-8. But when you try to remove a surnumeral EEB (for example you have a number of EEB of 4 and you want to switch to 3) the turning distance decrease correctly but the maneuvrability switch to good whatever the turning distance (That's a minor issue though).

Also you can't have more EEB that the base number of expansion bay provided by your frame, and EEB can't be set on ships smaller than Small.

Thank for your work !

sciencephile
June 16th, 2021, 07:36

The starship Hippocampus from the Deadsuns AP Book #1 does not seem to have the correct stat block working for it.
The ship seems to be missing any thrusters. The shields do not populate and the weapons do not work.

Thanks,

Rhoh

Nope, you have the right thread. Welcome to the forum.

I think this is a little bit of all of us...

1) Thrusters missing
I missed that apparently. I will add and get it updated.

2) Shields do not work
I am going to punt this to superteddy57. I have noticed that when shields are first added, it populates the tactical but later disappears from tactical. I am finding this issue with other ships, not just this one. You can manually update the shields using the starship combat tracker but I would assume that the shields would default to fully balanced unless otherwise indicated (just like when the shields were first added to the sheet).

3) Weapons do not work
This might be you? Not sure how you are doing it and I'll admit I haven't played Starfinder for months, but I added the PC Ship to the party sheet, put a PC attached as gunner to the ship and was able to fire the weapons and deal damage from the gunner's character sheet.

superteddy57
June 16th, 2021, 11:56
The formula now work for the turning speed calculation ! :)

... except when you try to remove some external expansion bay :p : i have a base turning distance of +1, corresponding to a good maneuvrability. When i add some EEB, everything works fine : Average (+2) with 1-3 EEB, Poor (+3) with 4-6, Clumsy (+4) with 5-8. But when you try to remove a surnumeral EEB (for example you have a number of EEB of 4 and you want to switch to 3) the turning distance decrease correctly but the maneuvrability switch to good whatever the turning distance (That's a minor issue though).

Also you can't have more EEB that the base number of expansion bay provided by your frame, and EEB can't be set on ships smaller than Small.

Thank for your work !

The maneuvrability issue was related to the ship constantly pulling the base maneuvrability from the frame, apologies. It will now update with the turning. As for the number allowed and the ability to add them to smaller ships, I wanted the GM to be able to homebrew if they wished. Setting up gate keepers was an issue with the PC ship sheet in earlier iterations. I do not know how you wish to play and try to accomdate many playstyles.

Thanks,

Rhoh

Thanks for the report. The shields issue was ruleset related. I will be providing an update to fix this. You might need to set the shields manually when it first loads, but should retain them moving forward after the update. As for the weapons not working, PC and NPC ships now need to select a firing arc when attempting an attack. Can you check to see that this might be the issue?

Littlerogue
June 16th, 2021, 12:35
As for the number allowed and the ability to add them to smaller ships, I wanted the GM to be able to homebrew if they wished. Setting up gate keepers was an issue with the PC ship sheet in earlier iterations. I do not know how you wish to play and try to accomdate many playstyles.

Yup, maybe just setting up a chat warning like the one wich trigger when you put to much systems in expansion bays ?

deer_buster
June 16th, 2021, 14:14
1) Thrusters missing
I missed that apparently. I will add and get it updated.

I think some of this is that it isn't explicitly called out in the ship stats (either in CRB for the "base" model or in the AP for the "upgraded" model). Either way, since the actual build costs have changed, the build in a lot of the ships in the AP just aren't "legal" anymore within the budgeted Build Points....and there hasn't been any errata that I am aware of for the APs

sciencephile
June 16th, 2021, 17:38
From my experience doing the APs, it seems that hardly any of the ships are strictly legal. I think this is due to the fact that the original authors didn't build them to necessarily be legal. They are likely just focused on the story and aren't number crunchers and thus forget to ensure compliance (or don't care given the specific situation in the story).

I saw similar stuff when doing Pathfinder adventures. I don't know how many times I cringed when I saw an entry like "masterwork mithral chainmail". Psst, hey original author... there's no such thing as masterwork mithral. Mithral items are always masterwork to begin with. I must have corrected that one about a dozen times.

So I'm not surprised that the ship BPs would not necessarily be legal for most of the AP ships. It's just something that you have to take as normal and not let it bother you as a GM.

EDIT: I do appreciate deer_buster's comments about AP starship BPs. That's what I am attempting to build upon. It's a good thing to remember that the AP ship BPs will likely be out of compliance and therefore avoid bug reports on noncompliant ships that we literally cannot fix due to noncompliance coming from the source, rather than from the FG development of the ships.

Flyteach
June 16th, 2021, 22:30
I questioned the starship builds in both APs and scenarios when they first came out. The explanation I got was to use what was published and they knew it didn't comply with the rules, and they wanted it that way. While we're prolly not really able to change the SFS ones, personally, I alter the APs to conform to the rules. In several, I have made modifications to bring in SOM content, as that seems to make the starship builds and combat more engaging for the parties I run.

BGCMadrix
June 17th, 2021, 00:19
Hey
In Dead Sun Book 3 there is an NPC with DR10/magic and apparently, that make it so that the NPC doesn't load when added from the encounter, one have to manually remove the magic part or add the NPC from the CT. You get a error message when it's added each time.

Evolivolution
June 17th, 2021, 00:22
Hey
In Dead Sun Book 3 there is an NPC with DR10/magic and apparently, that make it so that the NPC doesn't load when added from the encounter, one have to manually remove the magic part or add the NPC from the CT. You get a error message when it's added each time.

Actually an issue with all NPCs with DR ?/magic!

I do however recommend not using the 'DR: ? magic' effect anyway.

sciencephile
June 17th, 2021, 02:28
For everyone posting, please be sure to post specifics in the future please. I found it in this case but it took a bit of searching since I didn't have the creature's name.

As far as the DR vs. non-DR, I will have to leave that to the official Starfinder ruleset dev to rule. This entry was in the rules as written in the AP. If this is likely a one-time snafu from the OP then removal is probably appropriate. If it is likely to happen more often and/or only used occasionally, it should probably be dealt with at the ruleset level.

jrock1
June 17th, 2021, 02:59
Support:

The Fly Free or Die: We're No Heroes FG adaptation is missing the "Goblin Sneektheef" gear Parcel.

Also, Table 4 doesn't appear to be a roll-able table, it appears to be based on a specific Travel Time. Note that Table: Cargo Sell Price points is currently pointing to that table (Table 4) that shouldn't be rolled on.

Here is the corrected table (pointing to itself per FFoD AP1 p.53)

Will the correction I've made on my end cause duplication or corruption in my campaign when the campaign is corrected by the Dev?
Thanks.

Evolivolution
June 17th, 2021, 11:16
For everyone posting, please be sure to post specifics in the future please. I found it in this case but it took a bit of searching since I didn't have the creature's name.

As far as the DR vs. non-DR, I will have to leave that to the official Starfinder ruleset dev to rule. This entry was in the rules as written in the AP. If this is likely a one-time snafu from the OP then removal is probably appropriate. If it is likely to happen more often and/or only used occasionally, it should probably be dealt with at the ruleset level.

You did nothing wrong, this is a ruleset issue but it is significant (see my post).

Evolivolution
June 17th, 2021, 11:23
Will the correction I've made on my end cause duplication or corruption in my campaign when the campaign is corrected by the Dev?
Thanks.

Might cause duplication, shouldn't break anything. There is a good chance that you'll see your version instead of the updated version.

madman
June 17th, 2021, 17:48
Support:

The Fly Free or Die: We're No Heroes FG adaptation is missing the "Goblin Sneektheef" gear Parcel.

Also, Table 4 doesn't appear to be a roll-able table, it appears to be based on a specific Travel Time. Note that Table: Cargo Sell Price points is currently pointing to that table (Table 4) that shouldn't be rolled on.

Here is the corrected table (pointing to itself per FFoD AP1 p.53)

Thanks.

Thanks for reporting this error. I will get it fixed A.S.A.P.
Below is an image of the goblin NPC included in the AP, is it not the one you are looking for?

Madman..

jrock1
June 17th, 2021, 20:48
Thanks for reporting this error. I will get it fixed A.S.A.P.
Below is an image of the goblin NPC included in the AP, is it not the one you are looking for?

Madman..

Looking for the Parcel. If the PCs manage to search a" Goblin Sneektheef," they will find Gear (gear parcel) that's provided in the AP Book 1.

I actually created one in my campaign, screenshot of the Gear - Parcel:

Let me know if you have any questions.

madman
June 17th, 2021, 22:32
Sorry. Read that running out the door for work. I will add the parcel and update the table.

Madman..

superteddy57
June 18th, 2021, 17:43
Actually an issue with all NPCs with DR ?/magic!

I do however recommend not using the 'DR: ? magic' effect anyway.

I have a fix for various related damage fixes related to DR, RESIST, and IMMUNE currently in TEST. Please give it a test before we push it LIVE to ensure it is working as intended.

Evolivolution
June 18th, 2021, 18:34
Awesome

Ulric
June 19th, 2021, 13:13
I have a fix for various related damage fixes related to DR, RESIST, and IMMUNE currently in TEST. Please give it a test before we push it LIVE to ensure it is working as intended.
Will do and thank you!

jrock1
June 19th, 2021, 23:27
In Unity: Getting an error message when clicking the Class & Level spyglass; see the screenshot below:

To recreate:

Error:

Thanks.

Edit: this is only occurring for the Witchwarper so far; cannot recreate this error with the Soldier class.

superteddy57
June 20th, 2021, 14:52
In Unity: Getting an error message when clicking the Class & Level spyglass; see the screenshot below:

To recreate:

Error:

Thanks.

Edit: this is only occurring for the Witchwarper so far; cannot recreate this error with the Soldier class.

I tested this with the same items you have above in the image, besides the race (couldn't find it). It didn't throw any errors when checking the class details. Since I used Halfling for my test, can you attempt a new character and try using halfling for the race, but keep everything else the same?

jrock1
June 21st, 2021, 01:14
Tested and confirmed something was wrong with the character sheet. Creating a new character solved the issue. Note that I deleted COM from vault and updated to ensure that COM was being updated properly.

Curuthanir
June 21st, 2021, 03:45
I checked it over and it gets factored in two different places. I will need some more testing to ensure my new code doesn't affect other effects. I'll plan on an update later in the week, but will not be part of today's update.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed since, but I'm finding that an NPC with the entangled condition dropped on him, when he attacks with a ranged attack (Dex based) is showing [EFFECTS -2] in the attack text, but [EFFECTS -4] during the damage text.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2021, 04:44
What other effects are on the NPC and the target?

Regards,
JPG

superteddy57
June 21st, 2021, 06:00
I'm not sure if this has been addressed since, but I'm finding that an NPC with the entangled condition dropped on him, when he attacks with a ranged attack (Dex based) is showing [EFFECTS -2] in the attack text, but [EFFECTS -4] during the damage text.

Also, what version are you running? LIVE or TEST?

Curuthanir
June 22nd, 2021, 03:57
Also, what version are you running? LIVE or TEST?

Running Live build.

NPC has the following Effects on him:
(Humanoid traits)|(Evasion)|(Uncanny Agility)|(RESIST: 5 acid)|(DR:5)|Entangled

The Player has the following Effects:
DR:3

As a follow-up to my test last night, I tested again today. Melee attack by the entangled NPC had no modifier to attack or to damage. Ranged attack had [Effects -2] to both the attack, and to the damage. If NPC criticals the PC, then it shows [EFFECTS -2} on attack, and [EFFECTS -4] on damage.

superteddy57
June 22nd, 2021, 06:18
Running Live build.

NPC has the following Effects on him:
(Humanoid traits)|(Evasion)|(Uncanny Agility)|(RESIST: 5 acid)|(DR:5)|Entangled

The Player has the following Effects:
DR:3

As a follow-up to my test last night, I tested again today. Melee attack by the entangled NPC had no modifier to attack or to damage. Ranged attack had [Effects -2] to both the attack, and to the damage. If NPC criticals the PC, then it shows [EFFECTS -2} on attack, and [EFFECTS -4] on damage.

I replicated the effects as you have provided and set up a combat scenario between a NPC and PC. The outputs appear to be -2 on the attack and -2 on the damage. This was performed on the TEST version that is going LIVE with the weekly update. Is this the correct output? If so, then it doesn't appear to be doing the issue with the updated damage code.

jrock1
June 22nd, 2021, 06:40
I think Curu mentioned that is has to be a nat. 20 crit. to recreate the -4 to damage.

superteddy57
June 22nd, 2021, 16:11
I've read through the core rulebook to look over the condition. It appears to only affect attack rolls and should not be applied to damage rolls. I will remove the negative modifier from the damage rolls. As for the other conditions I checked them as well and some do get wrangled into the damage rolls. When a critical is rolled on the attack it should roll twice the damage. This damage would include the normal bonuses you would receive if you were casting damage. So my interpretation of this would also include condition negative modifies as well.

Curuthanir
June 23rd, 2021, 00:55
I've read through the core rulebook to look over the condition. It appears to only affect attack rolls and should not be applied to damage rolls. I will remove the negative modifier from the damage rolls. As for the other conditions I checked them as well and some do get wrangled into the damage rolls. When a critical is rolled on the attack it should roll twice the damage. This damage would include the normal bonuses you would receive if you were casting damage. So my interpretation of this would also include condition negative modifies as well.

Correct on the critical, per the CRB: "roll damage twice, each time with all your usual bonuses".

The real issue is the entangled condition affecting the damage roll, which it should not be (and then I conflated it with the rolling damage from a critical hit).

As always, thanks for your work!

superteddy57
June 23rd, 2021, 03:35
An update was pushed today that should help resolve this issue.

GravityBlade
June 24th, 2021, 18:32
I found two, possibly related, issues regarding Resolve.

1. Entering a Mod value for Resolve Points (RP) is not adding that value to the Max value requiring a manual entry after a full rest.

2. The value entered into Temp for temporary RP seems to have no effect. RP use doesn't get taken from it first and it doesn't modify the Max value (which honestly it probably shouldn't anyway).

Thanks.

superteddy57
June 24th, 2021, 18:42

1. Entering a Mod value for Resolve Points (RP) is not adding that value to the Max value requiring a manual entry after a full rest.

2. The value entered into Temp for temporary RP seems to have no effect. RP use doesn't get taken from it first and it doesn't modify the Max value (which honestly it probably shouldn't anyway).

Thanks.

Thanks for the report. I will investigate the issue.

jrock1
June 27th, 2021, 06:13
Free ranks (skills tab) aren't showing in the Party sheet.

superteddy57
June 27th, 2021, 16:49
Thank you for the report. I will investigate

superteddy57
June 27th, 2021, 16:51

Thanks.

After looking this over, I will be pushing an update that will fix the Mod issue, but as for Temp RP, it can be used in many abstract ways and can't find a proper solution for automation. I will leave this as is for now and have to ask the GM and player to do some house keeping on their sheets when it involves Temp RP.

Flyteach
June 27th, 2021, 23:16
Was playing in test environment today. When moving treasure to the party sheet, it's doubling the number of items on the party sheet (very much like when I posted about doubling when creating encounters. I thought earlier there was a fix pushed, but thought I'd post to make sure.
Flyteach

superteddy57
June 27th, 2021, 23:23
Was playing in test environment today. When moving treasure to the party sheet, it's doubling the number of items on the party sheet (very much like when I posted about doubling when creating encounters. I thought earlier there was a fix pushed, but thought I'd post to make sure.
Flyteach

We are no longer using the TEST server. The lastest update would be on the LIVE server.

superteddy57
June 28th, 2021, 00:04
Flyteach

I was able to verify this and will add it to my list to investigate.

superteddy57
June 28th, 2021, 13:17
Free ranks (skills tab) aren't showing in the Party sheet.

That is correct, it is only showing actual ranks within the skill. I have currently no room on the PS window to add another box for free ranks. If it were untrained, it would output to chat the roll is untrained. There are no current plans to add this to the partysheet at this time.

jrock1
June 28th, 2021, 13:25
Can the free ranks be added to the regular ranks in the Party Sheet, simply showing the total ranks?

superteddy57
June 28th, 2021, 13:46
Can the free ranks be added to the regular ranks in the Party Sheet, simply showing the total ranks?

Can I ask why it's important to have the ranks there at all? The key information is the modifier to the rolls and would think this would be the important piece of information. Can you explain to me why this second row is important? I'm asking just for clarification and ideas that might find better solutions.

deer_buster
June 28th, 2021, 13:50
sometimes you need to know the number of ranks a player has in order to qualify them to do something. Example: Actions on a starship, etc.

jrock1
June 28th, 2021, 14:03
There's a GM option to show all players, all characters skill ranks in the Party Sheet. This helps with pre-campaign and in-game preparedness. Pre-campaign so the players can see gaps in skills and in-game to see who has the best skill in the party so there isn't any breaks in immersion over the mic and less fumbling around. Have you had a game where there's a discussion about who has the best diplomacy rank? My players ask often as they forget often; with the skills shown on the PS, no more metagame chatter and more smooth gaming. Other GMs may hide this from players, but I like that the players have this info at hand. And if there's missing ranks, it's deceiving to the party.

superteddy57
June 28th, 2021, 14:05
sometimes you need to know the number of ranks a player has in order to qualify them to do something. Example: Actions on a starship, etc.

So a player can't relay that sort of information when asked? Since it is on the character sheet and readily available. The response you gave doesn't sound like it needs to be hidden or secretive. I mean the party sheet is open for all to see. I'm just trying to understand why that line is important to be on the partysheet for it's current functionality.

superteddy57
June 28th, 2021, 14:08
There's a GM option to show all players, all characters skill ranks in the Party Sheet. This helps with pre-campaign and in-game preparedness. Pre-campaign so the players can see gaps in skills and in-game to see who has the best skill in the party so there isn't any breaks in immersion over the mic and less fumbling around. Have you had a game where there's a discussion about who has the best diplomacy rank? My players ask often as they forget often; with the skills shown on the PS, no more metagame chatter and more smooth gaming. Other GMs may hide this from players, but I like that the players have this info at hand. And if there's missing ranks, it's deceiving to the party.

If that is the case then ranks aren't the final factor as who is the best. It would be the modifier which does account for free ranks. As for my games, this is not part of the deliberation as I have to consider more than how I play or run my games. The ruleset would look very differently if it were just for my table.

jrock1
June 28th, 2021, 14:13
If that is the case then ranks aren't the final factor as who is the best. It would be the modifier which does account for free ranks. As for my games, this is not part of the deliberation as I have to consider more than how I play or run my games. The ruleset would look very differently if it were just for my table.

Some skills are trained and if the free rank is missing it could be read as untrained in the PS.

Can you simply put the total ranks in the PS instead of a separate line or completely remove them if erroneous?

Note that Piloting ranks can be important for ship combat for more than just piloting (i.e. gunnery).

superteddy57
June 28th, 2021, 14:17
Some skills are trained and if the free rank is missing it could be read as untrained in the PS.

Can you simply put the total ranks in the PS instead of a separate line or completely remove them if erroneous?

Note that Piloting ranks can be important for ship combat for more than just piloting (i.e. gunnery).

A solution I was considering was how the character sheet handles untrained. I would place a red color over the modifier box. As for the rolls from the PS, the chat output does inform if it is an untrained roll.

msbranin
June 28th, 2021, 23:51
Currently the red highlights skills that are not useable untrained if i am not mistaken. If you change that then there needs to be an indicator of which skills are not useable untrained

superteddy57
June 29th, 2021, 03:09
Currently the red highlights skills that are not useable untrained if i am not mistaken. If you change that then there needs to be an indicator of which skills are not useable untrained

The answer was in relation to the mention of untrained. I would use the same solution and make the modifier box red if the skill was untrained.

Evolivolution
June 29th, 2021, 22:50
When using an effect with the 'DMG' modifier and rolling damage for a critical hit. There is an error:

scripts/manager_action_damage.lua:522 length of field 'dice' (nil value)

superteddy57
June 30th, 2021, 07:01
When using an effect with the 'DMG' modifier and rolling damage for a critical hit. There is an error:

scripts/manager_action_damage.lua:522 length of field 'dice' (nil value)

Can you provide me more details on the situation that caused the error so I can test it further? I will need to know the defender's setup and the attacker setup as well.

Evolivolution
June 30th, 2021, 11:24
No special setup required. Just place 'DMG: X' on the attacker and attack any target. Make sure you roll critical damage (either by rolling a nat 20 on the attack roll or using the 'critical' modifier from the global modifiers.

superteddy57
June 30th, 2021, 20:17
Pushed hotfix for the issue.

sjard
July 1st, 2021, 01:53
Dead Suns AP1 Incident at Absolom Station, Interceptor Attack, the Stiletto is defaulting to the full Piloting +14 roll for attacks, instead of the Gunnery +6.

Actions used to get this result is click on the gyrolaser link in the ship combat tracker for the ship. Happens every time, unless you manually unlock and change the role from Pilot to Gunner.

acyd69
July 7th, 2021, 18:06
SFRPG ruleset (v2021-6-30) updated within 3 hours of this post. Starfinder Character Operations Manual, Class Vanguard, Special Feature First (and Second) Vanguard Aspect, Vanguard Aspect Cascade, 4th (and 17th) Aspect Embodiment (Ex) has the incorrect description text for the feature. Currently the text for Vanguard Aspect Boundary is duplicated here. The description text from the published manual reads as follows:

Aspect Embodiment (Ex): Once per combat, when you hit multiple creatures in a single round with an attack or attacks (or effects that require an attack roll), you can gain 1 Entropy Point without taking any additional action.

Additionally, within First Vanguard Aspect, the link to Vanguard Aspect Boundary is missing the 'y'.

madman
July 7th, 2021, 18:16
SFRPG ruleset (v2021-6-30) updated within 3 hours of this post. Starfinder Character Operations Manual, Class Vanguard, Special Feature First (and Second) Vanguard Aspect, Vanguard Aspect Cascade, 4th (and 17th) Aspect Embodiment (Ex) has the incorrect description text for the feature. Currently the text for Vanguard Aspect Boundary is duplicated here. The description text from the published manual reads as follows:

Additionally, within First Vanguard Aspect, the link to Vanguard Aspect Boundary is missing the 'y'.

I will get those corrected and the update in the que.
Thanks for reporting these.

Madman..

acyd69
July 7th, 2021, 19:36
Got another one for you Madman! The Vanguard Aspect Insight (Cascade) lists Perception for the insight skill bonus; it should be Acrobatics.

Man I went around and around with this pregen trying to figure out while the skills were off. Glad I was able to find the error.

Ulric
July 8th, 2021, 01:25
Patch Notes for June 29 state [Fixed] Incorporeal effect but when Iam not seeing this effect actual working. Currently all attacks against an Incorporeal NPC do damage. What was fixed?

superteddy57
July 8th, 2021, 05:51
Patch Notes for June 29 state [Fixed] Incorporeal effect but when Iam not seeing this effect actual working. Currently all attacks against an Incorporeal NPC do damage. What was fixed?

In what way is it not working? When posting, more information is provided than it is not working. As to what was fixed, the code ensures that Incorporeal NPCs are immune to critical damage, halves damage from energy and magic sources, full damage from force sources, and ignores kinetic sources.

Ulric
July 8th, 2021, 15:14
In what way is it not working? When posting, more information is provided than it is not working. As to what was fixed, the code ensures that Incorporeal NPCs are immune to critical damage, halves damage from energy and magic sources, full damage from force sources, and ignores kinetic sources.
Hey supperteddy57, the second sentence of my post said "In what way is it not working". I will do some additional testing.

Evolivolution
July 8th, 2021, 15:33
From what I can tell Incorporeal works as intended.
Maybe you could write me a message on discord!?

superteddy57
July 8th, 2021, 15:36
Hey supperteddy57, the second sentence of my post said "In what way is it not working". I will do some additional testing.

Again, I must ask for more information. As I need to know how you have combat set up. The situation, the weapon being used, the attacker traits, the defender traits. Have you tracked the damage to the NPC? I've tested it and I'm not seeing the damage being applied. As you can see, what you provided "Currently all attacks against an Incorporeal NPC do damage." is not correct with my testing. So to ensure my testing fits with your scenario, I will need more information.

Ulric
July 9th, 2021, 12:25
Again, I must ask for more information. As I need to know how you have combat set up. The situation, the weapon being used, the attacker traits, the defender traits. Have you tracked the damage to the NPC? I've tested it and I'm not seeing the damage being applied. As you can see, what you provided "Currently all attacks against an Incorporeal NPC do damage." is not correct with my testing. So to ensure my testing fits with your scenario, I will need more information.
I was just asking a simple question, so I could do a little more testing before I reported something that wasn't really a bug. I know what you want to know when we are reporting a real problem. You've been doing a fantastic job fixing ruleset and I don't want waste your time investigating a bug that doesn't exist. If I was sure i had found a bug I would have provided a proper bug report.

superteddy57
July 9th, 2021, 17:06
I was just asking a simple question, so I could do a little more testing before I reported something that wasn't really a bug. I know what you want to know when we are reporting a real problem. You've been doing a fantastic job fixing ruleset and I don't want waste your time investigating a bug that doesn't exist. If I was sure i had found a bug I would have provided a proper bug report.

Awesome. Thank you. The way it was phrased it sounded like you saw an issue. Thank you for providing the feedback and reports!

jrock1
July 12th, 2021, 23:35
Support:

1. GEM's class Features are not provided on the Player version. Players should have access to their Class Features for character creation and level-ups.

2. Attack of the Swarm AP 5. The spell Ectoplasmic Barrage I-VI should have a dmg type of Bludgeoning (not "each") and is missing its critical effect: Knockdown; Pone.

Thank you,

madman
July 13th, 2021, 05:08
Thanks for reporting this. I will look into it and get it fixed.

G.E.M. Has been updated and is in for update.
C.O.M. Has been updated and is in for update.

Madman..

madman
July 13th, 2021, 19:20
Attack of the Swarm AP 5. The spell Ectoplasmic Barrage I-VI should have a dmg type of Bludgeoning (not "each") and is missing its critical effect: Knockdown; Prone.

Thank you,

The damage type I will get fixed.
As far as the critical effect goes, the parser does not add that. Until a new method of creating spell actions is implemented to handle the effects, these are going to have to be added manually.

Madman..

Ulric
July 14th, 2021, 02:07
This bug was repeatable with this version; SFRPG ruleset (v2021-06-30) for Fantasy Grounds, Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds with no extensions loaded.

When a weapon such as "Screamer grenade I" with the Damage Type; "So" is dropped on the character sheet the damage type is not parsed and the Damage Type is blank. When damage is rolled, there is no damage type associated with the damage for "sonic: damage type. Some weapons such as the "Sonic rifle, thunderstrike" have a second damage type and the second damage type is parsed correctly.

If the Damage Type "So" is manually added to the weapon damage type and damage is rolled this console error is generated "[7/13/2021 8:50:49 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1384: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)"

If the Damage Type is edited from So to sonic and the damage is rolled and there is no error. Damage Type in the chat window is correct.

superteddy57
July 14th, 2021, 03:42
This bug was repeatable with this version; SFRPG ruleset (v2021-06-30) for Fantasy Grounds, Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds with no extensions loaded.

When a weapon such as "Screamer grenade I" with the Damage Type; "So" is dropped on the character sheet the damage type is not parsed and the Damage Type is blank. When damage is rolled, there is no damage type associated with the damage for "sonic: damage type. Some weapons such as the "Sonic rifle, thunderstrike" have a second damage type and the second damage type is parsed correctly.

If the Damage Type "So" is manually added to the weapon damage type and damage is rolled this console error is generated "[7/13/2021 8:50:49 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1384: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)"

If the Damage Type is edited from So to sonic and the damage is rolled and there is no error. Damage Type in the chat window is correct.

Pushed a fix that should clear that up.

Azaran
July 16th, 2021, 08:38
We had a problem in our Wednesday night game with Space combat. the ship tabs kept unlinking the actions so the players had to press the buttons to open up their actions all the time, and the weapon arcs were missing from the players sheets, had to be done individually.

Just to note, we hadn't played since the last update to the ship sheets so I did delete the sunrise maiden and recreate and assign her.

superteddy57
July 16th, 2021, 13:35
We had a problem in our Wednesday night game with Space combat. the ship tabs kept unlinking the actions so the players had to press the buttons to open up their actions all the time, and the weapon arcs were missing from the players sheets, had to be done individually.

Just to note, we hadn't played since the last update to the ship sheets so I did delete the sunrise maiden and recreate and assign her.

The actions will update when changes to the ship happen. This will happen till a better solution is found. I am not sure why you would need to recreate the Sunrise Maiden as it's available through the AP. I am not understanding what you mean by the weapon arcs are missing. Can you please elaborate for me?

Azaran
July 16th, 2021, 16:54
The actions will update when changes to the ship happen. This will happen till a better solution is found. I am not sure why you would need to recreate the Sunrise Maiden as it's available through the AP. I am not understanding what you mean by the weapon arcs are missing. Can you please elaborate for me?

Because they levelled it up as they're all level 6 :)

Also, the data from my sunrise maiden was from the old format, and it was springing data errors on the notes page.

Ok, for the arcs, it's basically like this:

It's like that the first time they set their role, and then every time that blue button flicks, it wipes what they had the arcs set to. as you can see from the ship, the arcs are all set (and yes, on their one they retrofitted a turret onto the bottom of the ship with a chaingun turret they .... liberated from another ship.

Az.

superteddy57
July 16th, 2021, 18:06
Because they levelled it up as they're all level 6 :)

Also, the data from my sunrise maiden was from the old format, and it was springing data errors on the notes page.

Ok, for the arcs, it's basically like this:

It's like that the first time they set their role, and then every time that blue button flicks, it wipes what they had the arcs set to. as you can see from the ship, the arcs are all set (and yes, on their one they retrofitted a turret onto the bottom of the ship with a chaingun turret they .... liberated from another ship.

Az.

That is normal behavior as that is how the sheet is programmed currently. When anything is changed on the character sheet and the PC ship, the actions list gets rebuilt. As for the arcs, those are used to signify what arc you are attempting to hit on the enemy ship. So it would change attack to attack.

Azaran
July 16th, 2021, 19:38
That is normal behavior as that is how the sheet is programmed currently. When anything is changed on the character sheet and the PC ship, the actions list gets rebuilt. As for the arcs, those are used to signify what arc you are attempting to hit on the enemy ship. So it would change attack to attack.

I thought they were to signify to the players which weapons they had available for which arcs? I still have to pick the arc it hits to apply the damage on the enemy ship if they've hit or not.

superteddy57
July 16th, 2021, 21:50
I thought they were to signify to the players which weapons they had available for which arcs? I still have to pick the arc it hits to apply the damage on the enemy ship if they've hit or not.

The firing arc cycler, to the right on the PC sheet, was introduced to help with deflector shields calculation when attacking. So you could technically assign any arc to the cycler if the NPC doesn't have a deflector shield. But it does provide a chat output of the arc you are attacking.

Azaran
July 16th, 2021, 22:15
The firing arc cycler, to the right on the PC sheet, was introduced to help with deflector shields calculation when attacking. So you could technically assign any arc to the cycler if the NPC doesn't have a deflector shield. But it does provide a chat output of the arc you are attacking.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. Is the graphic not supposed to tell the PC which arc that weapon fires on though? makes it a bit of a pain to keep checking the ship sheet.

superteddy57
July 17th, 2021, 00:12
The graphic will tell you where the weapon is mounted. I used the arrows to help with the direction as a visual and can mouse over for the tooltip. It's slowly moving forward. We are cleaning up the ruleset as we add new things.

Azaran
July 17th, 2021, 14:22
The graphic will tell you where the weapon is mounted. I used the arrows to help with the direction as a visual and can mouse over for the tooltip. It's slowly moving forward. We are cleaning up the ruleset as we add new things.

Ah ok, that makes sense. though if you look at my screenshot again, the graphics aren't updating with the arcs of the weapons.

The ruleset has came on amazingly, keep up the good work :)

Az.

superteddy57
July 17th, 2021, 14:53
Ah ok, that makes sense. though if you look at my screenshot again, the graphics aren't updating with the arcs of the weapons.

The ruleset has came on amazingly, keep up the good work :)

Az.

I noticed that and have found the issue. It will be pushed with the weekly update on Tuesday

Evolivolution
July 18th, 2021, 07:57
Collection of minor stuff I have been able to find this week:

When rolling an Ability check in the actions tab (via the cast action dialog) any bonuses from effects won't be included.
To reproduce:

Make an action that requires a skill check (I took the demoralize (Intimidate) action as an example).
Give the character an effect with a bonus to that skill and roll it.

On a related note; the SKILL effect doesn't work properly anymore when you include a bonus type and the bonus is a dice.

'SKILL: 1d6 insight, diplomacy' doesn't work (SKILL: [D] [bonus], [skill])
'SKILL: 1d6 diplomacy' is fine (SKILL: [D] [skill])
'SKILL: 6 diplomacy' and 'SKILL: 6 insight, diplomacy' are also fine (SKILL: [N] [bonus] [skill])
I didn't test [ability] instead of [skill] but I assume the issue is the same.

Rolling weapon damage for a weapon with multiple instances of damage (let's call them) lines uses specialization bonuses for every one. I don't know if that is intentional but I fell like it should be once per damage roll.
To reproduce:

Make a weapon with multiple damage lines and specialization enabled.
Roll damage.

When forging an armor AC penalty and Upgrade Slots are set to 0 no matter what value they had before.
Just forge any armor with any armor upgrade.
The window template for theme abilities doesn't lock.
Steps to reporduce:

Make a character with a theme.
Go to the Abilities tab of their sheet.
Lock the entry (if it isn't already.
Edit the text and mark it when trying to move the window.

The new number font is cool but it seems you eigther decided to leave some cases or you missed them. I'll just list the cases where it's very apparent because they are next to ones that are changed.

Combat dialoge (PC sheet, Main tab)
First currency slot & AC penalty slot (PC sheet, Inventory tab)
Ship weapon damage (PC sheet, Ships tab)
Weapon damage numbers & actions group numbers (PC sheet, Actions tab)
Party Ability, Save, Skill checks (Party sheet, Main & Skills tab
Quest and Encounter xp rewards (Party sheet, XP tab)
Ship inventory list (Party sheet, Ships tab)

There is still a bunch of fringe damage related stuff but I won't list that here.

Ulric
July 18th, 2021, 13:35
Collection of minor stuff I have been able to find this week:
At first I read that as "Collection of minor stuff I have been able to find this week" and I was very happy and then I realized my mistake!:cry: Thanks for reporting these issues and hopefully they get fixed!

Sharv2100
July 19th, 2021, 21:38
Question about party sheet

Why are certain skills highlighted in red on the party sheet? I know that red skills on the character sheet mean "untrained," but what am I missing on the party sheet? Thanks.

superteddy57
July 20th, 2021, 22:05
With the laundry list posted by Evolivolution, I'm going to push an update for SFRPG come next Tuesday.

jrock1
July 21st, 2021, 00:42
Question about party sheet

Why are certain skills highlighted in red on the party sheet? I know that red skills on the character sheet mean "untrained," but what am I missing on the party sheet? Thanks.

Similar to the Skills tab, Red signifies that it's a trained only skill on the Party Sheet.

Sharv2100
July 21st, 2021, 00:50
i get it now, but it is confusing because it is not consistent with the skills tab, which only highlights skills in red when you do not have ranks in them. i would think that if you have ranks in a skill on the party sheet, then it should not be in red.

superteddy57
July 21st, 2021, 00:56
Similar to the Skills tab, Red signifies that it's a trained only skill on the Party Sheet.

It's a bug. I will have it part of the next update. Will be adding some interesting things as well.

Sharv2100
July 21st, 2021, 00:57
awesome. looking forward to it. thanks.

LokiTheWanderer
July 21st, 2021, 12:31
Having an issue with the starship sheet. It’s putting the wrong maneuverability on the sheets. For instance, even though the frame on the ship shows good or average maneuverability, the ship sheet shows it as perfect (Turn 0).

superteddy57
July 21st, 2021, 13:01
Having an issue with the starship sheet. It’s putting the wrong maneuverability on the sheets. For instance, even though the frame on the ship shows good or average maneuverability, the ship sheet shows it as perfect (Turn 0).

Thanks for the report, but please provide as much information as possible. What frame is the ship? Have you added any expansion bays? What is the thrusters? The more information the better to help replicate the issue.

LokiTheWanderer
July 21st, 2021, 13:04
I’m building the Society ships - Explorer frame, with expansion bays. It came up with some already built, like the Pegasus (which I’d built months ago) and continued when I was building the Azata last night. When I’m on my laptop in a little bit, I can send screen shots.

superteddy57
July 21st, 2021, 13:14
I’m building the Society ships - Explorer frame, with expansion bays. It came up with some already built, like the Pegasus (which I’d built months ago) and continued when I was building the Azata last night. When I’m on my laptop in a little bit, I can send screen shots.

Ok, that would help greatly. Please also know that some components on the ship may change the maneuverability.

LokiTheWanderer
July 21st, 2021, 13:16
Ok, that would help greatly. Please also know that some components on the ship may change the maneuverability.
This happens immediately on adding the frame, which is the first thing I add

superteddy57
July 21st, 2021, 13:27
This happens immediately on adding the frame, which is the first thing I add

Found the issue, it will be part of the next weekly update.

LokiTheWanderer
July 21st, 2021, 13:29
Thanks. I appreciate it

GrumpyOldAndy
July 21st, 2021, 14:56
Force Soles item from the Starfinder Armoury has the description for Force Palms (also in the armoury).

This text error is still outstanding.

jrock1
July 21st, 2021, 22:21
Bug:
If Notes require you to scroll to the bottom to see text, the text is covered by the frame.

superteddy57
July 21st, 2021, 22:26
Bug:
If Notes require you to scroll to the bottom to see text, the text is covered by the frame.

Can you show me what you mean?

superteddy57
July 22nd, 2021, 04:49
Bug:

Are these for the actual Notes record or part of another window?

jrock1
July 22nd, 2021, 05:26
Are these for the actual Notes record or part of another window?

To recreate: create a new Note record and add enough text to where you get a vertical scroll bar. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see some disrupted text.

superteddy57
July 22nd, 2021, 08:07

I've reached out to the developer to investigate.

Ulric
July 22nd, 2021, 12:02
Some column names on the Items: armor window are unreadable.

madman
July 22nd, 2021, 18:51

Thanks for pointing it out. I thought i fixed it then. It is fixed and sent in for next update.

Madman..

LokiTheWanderer
July 24th, 2021, 14:31
Found the issue, it will be part of the next weekly update.

Are the weekly updates still pushed on Tuesdays? I ask because I logged into FGU today and the two new ships (Azata tiers 2 and 4) are showing the correct maneuverability, but the existing Pegasus and Drake ships (tiers 2 - 10) are not. The Pegasus is Explorer frame like the Azata, and the Drake is Transport frame and should have maneuverability Average (Turn 2).

Thanks.

superteddy57
July 24th, 2021, 14:39
With the laundry list posted by Evolivolution, I'm going to push an update for SFRPG come next Tuesday.

This was posted on the 20th. Ruleset and Modules are pushed on Tuesdays.

Vigilance
July 26th, 2021, 01:50
is there a way for NPC to have their effects work? Example Confusion Aura (SU) when I click it on the combat tracker, it is rolling an Attack instead of doing a DC 11 Will save.

superteddy57
July 26th, 2021, 06:55
is there a way for NPC to have their effects work? Example Confusion Aura (SU) when I click it on the combat tracker, it is rolling an Attack instead of doing a DC 11 Will save.

No the system was never setup to do so and rolls an attack roll instead. It's always done so.

Graylight
July 26th, 2021, 09:42
The database entry for the "Micron Light" starship Power Core appears to have a very minor, but potentially rather frustrating issue.
It's listed as a "Starship Item", but it lacks the "Power Core" subtype. This makes it (as far as I'm aware) impossible to properly assign this item to a PC starship via the drag-and-drop interface.
Attempting to drag the Micron Light power core onto a PC starship sheet only causes the item to fall into the "Other Systems" tab, and that causes it to CONSUME 50 PCU, rather than ADD 50 PCU to the starship's power supply.

It took us a while, but we eventually discovered the root cause of the issue. As a work-around, we created a custom Power Core entry with identical stats to the Micron Light, and using that instead of the default Micron Light entry appears to have resolved the problem.

Vigilance
July 26th, 2021, 13:56
Is someone going to fix that or that is going to be set that way?

superteddy57
July 26th, 2021, 16:15
Is someone going to fix that or that is going to be set that way?

NPC spells are done through the NPC sheet. There is nothing to fix as the spells and actions were never meant to be used through the combat tracker. As for expanding it's functionality and adding the feature, it is something to consider.

superteddy57
July 26th, 2021, 16:16
The database entry for the "Micron Light" starship Power Core appears to have a very minor, but potentially rather frustrating issue.
It's listed as a "Starship Item", but it lacks the "Power Core" subtype. This makes it (as far as I'm aware) impossible to properly assign this item to a PC starship via the drag-and-drop interface.
Attempting to drag the Micron Light power core onto a PC starship sheet only causes the item to fall into the "Other Systems" tab, and that causes it to CONSUME 50 PCU, rather than ADD 50 PCU to the starship's power supply.

It took us a while, but we eventually discovered the root cause of the issue. As a work-around, we created a custom Power Core entry with identical stats to the Micron Light, and using that instead of the default Micron Light entry appears to have resolved the problem.

Thank you for the report. I will inform the developer of this issue.

madman
July 27th, 2021, 12:26

Thanks for reporting this. I will get it fixed and sent off for update.
Fixed and sent in for update.

Madman..

PearlYeti
July 30th, 2021, 19:33
Mini player on Starfinder isn't including the Spec bonus damage. It is strange. If you are in full player it adds in the damage just fine on a weapon. Switch to mini and its gone. You can even see its gone in the mini players text.

jrock1
July 31st, 2021, 05:31
System: FGU v4.1.4 Ultimate (2021-06-08)

We observed a bug during this evening's game where the Fatigued effect affected the damage of Magic Missiles, but shouldn't.

Thanks.

jrock1
July 31st, 2021, 05:35
System: FGU v4.1.4

Bug: when using the Mods to attack (see the screenshot attached), e.g.: when you want to use full attack on 2 different targets, it does not expend ammo "Uses" but should.

jrock1
July 31st, 2021, 18:09

When dragging/dropping Effects from Conditions to Custom, it no longer copies the condition over to custom.

Note that I have not tested if there's any new issues with dragging Effects directly to characters in the Combat Tracker.

jrock1
July 31st, 2021, 22:16

Bug: when adding a new Currencies in Options (e.g. "BP" from Fly Free or Die AP, or "UR" from Horizons AP), it is not added to Character Sheets nor the Party Sheet.

Screenshots:

jrock1
August 1st, 2021, 05:11
Bug: Some ranks from the Character Sheet are not reflected on the Party Sheet correctly (e.g. Medicine); please see the screenshot. Due to this issue, rolling from the Party Sheet causes the character to lose their bonus.

superteddy57
August 2nd, 2021, 20:52

Bug: when adding a new Currencies in Options (e.g. "BP" from Fly Free or Die AP, or "UR" from Horizons AP), it is not added to Character Sheets nor the Party Sheet.

Screenshots:

For the time being add the BP currency to the PS coin list and it will add the BP to the description on the PC sheets. The other option is for the player to remove the Income currency and rename it to BP and it will add those directly to the PC sheet when distributed.

superteddy57
August 2nd, 2021, 21:08

When dragging/dropping Effects from Conditions to Custom, it no longer copies the condition over to custom.

Note that I have not tested if there's any new issues with dragging Effects directly to characters in the Combat Tracker.

This can be seen across all rulesets currently. May have been removed for lighting/vision updates. I will have this on my list and see if this behavior will be changed.

superteddy57
August 3rd, 2021, 16:42
Mini player on Starfinder isn't including the Spec bonus damage. It is strange. If you are in full player it adds in the damage just fine on a weapon. Switch to mini and its gone. You can even see its gone in the mini players text.

Thank you for the report. The mini sheet was over looked when adding in the new functionality and the fix will be pushed with the next weekly update (Tuesday)

superteddy57
August 3rd, 2021, 16:44
System: FGU v4.1.4 Ultimate (2021-06-08)

We observed a bug during this evening's game where the Fatigued effect affected the damage of Magic Missiles, but shouldn't.

Thanks.

Bug: when using the Mods to attack (see the screenshot attached), e.g.: when you want to use full attack on 2 different targets, it does not expend ammo "Uses" but should.

Found and fixed, will be pushed with next weekly update (Tuesdays)

Flyteach
August 6th, 2021, 13:43
I think this is a bug. When leveling my Biohacker to second level, I tried to add the Theorem = Prickly Booster. But, it's not on the list of available Theorems on the abilities tab. I was able to add it by opening GEM directly, finding the "features" and opening Prickly Booster, then dragging that to the abilities tab. Just seems like this isn't being listed as available. Ha! upon checking again, it appears that none of the GEM theorems are listed, just the original COM ones.

Evolivolution
August 6th, 2021, 14:36
I think this is a bug. When leveling my Biohacker to second level, I tried to add the Theorem = Prickly Booster. But, it's not on the list of available Theorems on the abilities tab. I was able to add it by opening GEM directly, finding the "features" and opening Prickly Booster, then dragging that to the abilities tab. Just seems like this isn't being listed as available. Ha! upon checking again, it appears that none of the GEM theorems are listed, just the original COM ones.

This is not a bug, just the way FG works. You have to keep in mind that these class features are saved as an entry somewhere and that the creator of a module can only include what's in the book he's converting. So you won't find any class features that aren't part of the book where the class first appeared in there, on any of the classes.
The only thing one could do about it is to make a SRD module and upload that to the Forge, but that's a lot of work.

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 19:12
System: Unity v4.1.4 Ultimate (2021-06-08)

Armor Check Penalty issue observed
When the GM used the Forge to create a Lashunta Ringwear III with Filtered Rebreather and Deflective Reinforcement upgrade, added it to Inventory and equipped it, the Armor Check Penalty was missing from the Armor sheet and was not applied to the character sheet. Please see the armor's screenshot attached, which is missing the Armor Check Penalty.

Note that this Armor was created through the Forge prior to the latest updates that allows upgrades to be added directly to Armor.

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 19:23

Backpacks (e.g. Starfinder Backpack (Armory p.116)) Encumbrance issue/observation.
The Starfinder Backpack does not update encumbrance and charges the wearer 1 Bulk!

Per the CRB (p.230): If the backpack is held = charge the PC bulk, but if worn = increase max bulk (by 4 for the Starfinder Backpack) and do not charge the wearer any bulk for wearing the Backpack.

Backpacks have numerous pockets for storing items that you might need while adventuring and include industrial- strength straps for attaching additional items for easy access. Padded bands strap across the wearer’s chest and waist to evenly distribute the backpack’s weight, and it can carry roughly 2 bulk of items. When fitted properly and worn, the bulk of the backpack itself does not count against your bulk carried (though it does if you carry it in your hands), but the bulk of any items within it does.

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 19:42

CT Next Turn Error

To recreate (from the PCs/players screen):
1. Open the CT.
2. Open the Starship CT.
3. The player adds the Next Turn button from the CT (not Starship CT) to the quick-task bar (screenshot below).
4. With both CTs open, the player clicks the quick-task bar's Next Turn button icon.
5. The error is displayed (screenshot below).

Combat Tracker with quick-task bar

Error Message

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 19:45

SoS: AP1 - The Diaspora Strain
The Ringworks Sentinel Starship is missing its shields values.

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 19:47

Chat-box Apostrophe Issue
When adding a quote (or text) from an AP to the chat-box that contains an apostrophe, the apostrophe is changed to a question mark character.

Evolivolution
August 7th, 2021, 22:48

Armor Check Penalty issue observed
When the GM used the Forge to create a Lashunta Ringwear III with Filtered Rebreather and Deflective Reinforcement upgrade, added it to Inventory and equipped it, the Armor Check Penalty was missing from the Armor sheet and was not applied to the character sheet. Please see the armor's screenshot attached, which is missing the Armor Check Penalty.

Note that this Armor was created through the Forge prior to the latest updates that allows upgrades to be added directly to Armor.

That's a problem with your item not a bug, just fix the item, you can do that yourself.

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 22:49
That's a problem with your item not a bug, just fix the item, you can do that yourself.

Dom's items shows differently for some reason (see on discord); it may be a bug.

Evolivolution
August 7th, 2021, 22:50

Backpacks (e.g. Starfinder Backpack (Armory p.116)) Encumbrance issue/observation.
The Starfinder Backpack does not update encumbrance and charges the wearer 1 Bulk!

Per the CRB (p.230): If the backpack is held = charge the PC bulk, but if worn = increase max bulk (by 4 for the Starfinder Backpack) and do not charge the wearer any bulk for wearing the Backpack.

You can remove the Bulk yourself. The rest works as expected. I think this is too complex to implement for just 3 items.

Evolivolution
August 7th, 2021, 22:52
Dom's items shows differently for some reason (see on discord); it may be a bug.

Yes they show different because they are fresh items, the old Forge removed the AC penalty on forged items. So it's definetly an issue with your item.

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 22:54
Yes they show different because they are fresh items, the old Forge removed the AC penalty on forged items. So it's definetly an issue with your item.

Sounds like an issue with the Forge. Was the Forge corrected with the update or we need to stop using the Forge when it comes to armor?

Additional Testing
I've confirmed what you said @Evolivolution (GMT+1), that when using the Forge it removes the AC Penalty from the new Item. So we should no longer use the Forge; however, others may not know this. So the Forge, when it comes to processing armor updates, should probably be disabled or corrected; otherwise, those ppl, that use the Forge, will not receive the penalties they are supposed to. ...It's a bug for those who use the Forge as-is.

jrock1
August 7th, 2021, 23:25
You can remove the Bulk yourself. The rest works as expected. I think this is too complex to implement for just 3 items.

Taking into account the entire community that uses the SFRPG ruleset; I'll let Dom decide on whether or not it's to complex or time consuming to correct the miss-calculation.

superteddy57
August 8th, 2021, 01:46
Taking into account the entire community that uses the SFRPG ruleset; I'll let Dom decide on whether or not it's to complex or time consuming to correct the miss-calculation.

Right now, the forge can help a bit, but has some short comings in what it was shoe horned to do. At the moment, it's not a top priority and would be best to fix the items after using the forge. I will have it on my list to find a solution, but may take some time to find one. I have also implemented the upgrade slots for items that receive them and there is currently no automation associated with that new feature. This does however let players manage the item changes instead of being on the GM's shoulders the entire time as the forge is GM only.

MeepTheChangeling
August 10th, 2021, 21:07
I'm not 100% certain this is a bug or not, but Starship items cannot be added to parcels. This seems like either a bug or an oversize because it means I can't reward players with starship parts via tables and other pre-generated content, and there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to be like "Amongst the cargo you find a ship weapon."

superteddy57
August 10th, 2021, 21:35
I'm not 100% certain this is a bug or not, but Starship items cannot be added to parcels. This seems like either a bug or an oversize because it means I can't reward players with starship parts via tables and other pre-generated content, and there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to be like "Amongst the cargo you find a ship weapon."

This would be a feature request as Starship items were never able to be added to parcels. It is a great idea and something to consider for the future.

stephan_
August 10th, 2021, 23:14
On that note, is it intentional that we can no longer add item templates to parcels or the party inventory directly or is it an unintentional byproduct of the recent redesigns?

superteddy57
August 10th, 2021, 23:50
On that note, is it intentional that we can no longer add item templates to parcels or the party inventory directly or is it an unintentional byproduct of the recent redesigns?

If they were able to be added to parcels, I can have a look and see where a change may have been done to limit it to items for parcels. I may want those placed under items as upgrades rather than item templates. Since the naming doesn't fit the purpose. Thanks for the report. I'll investigate it and see what we will do.

Ulric
August 13th, 2021, 02:54
During our latest Dark Suns session the magic missile spell was not working correctly against Incorporeal creatures. I ran some test after the game without extensions loaded and confirmed there was a problem. Force damage should do 100% damage but is only doing 50%. I went into the spell settings and changed the spell to non-magical DMG and the spell does 100% DMG. I also noticed Incorporeal creatures damage does not do not do 100% damage to other Incorporeal creatures.

SFRPG ruleset (v2021-08-10) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2004-2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC

[DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force, magic, spell (1d4+6=7)]

Damage [7] -> [to Oblivion Shade Spawn 11] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [HALF] [STATUS: Wounded]

Change Spell Dmg to NO

[DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force (1d4+6=9)]

Damage [9] -> [to Oblivion Shade Spawn 11]

sirrogue2
August 17th, 2021, 00:41
SFRPG ruleset updated 8/10/2021.

I created a PC ship with the colony ship framework (Tier 11, bulk freighter) and received the following error in the console.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charstarship.lua"]:119: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got function)

This error also appears when the aforementioned ship is opened for use. Removing the colony ship framework does prevent the error from appearing. In addition, the colony ship framework does not triple the number of expansion bays as it is supposed to.

superteddy57
August 17th, 2021, 02:16
SFRPG ruleset updated 8/10/2021.

I created a PC ship with the colony ship framework (Tier 11, bulk freighter) and received the following error in the console.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charstarship.lua"]:119: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got function)

This error also appears when the aforementioned ship is opened for use. Removing the colony ship framework does prevent the error from appearing. In addition, the colony ship framework does not triple the number of expansion bays as it is supposed to.

A fix will be pushed to the TEST server and will be a delay on updates to LIVE till that is tested for at least a week.

Ulric
August 17th, 2021, 02:51
A fix will be pushed to the TEST server and will be a delay on updates to LIVE till that is tested for at least a week.
Were you replying to my bug report?

Evolivolution
August 17th, 2021, 11:28

The way damage is calculated has been significantly changed and the new version (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70095-New-SFRPG-Build-on-TEST-server-(8-16-21)) is on the TEST channel right now. That should resolve any issues with damage like your bug report.

superteddy57
August 17th, 2021, 14:25

I have made many changes to the damage manager to help fix the various damage reports that has come in. Those fixes are currently on the TEST server for testing and will go LIVE with the next weekly update.

cyblix
August 17th, 2021, 18:10
GEM pg. 152
Starship Names Tables - Typo on [1d552] 51-552 [First Word]Nameless [Second Word] Mystery
It is incorrect in the reference manual as well.

Not sure if possible but the table is meant to roll twice, once on each column, to generate the name. There are a few tables in GEM that work this way.
Starship Names, NPC Name and Species,

GEM pg. 148
NPC Name and Species - The superscript on species was translated into normal text and seems unnecessary on FG.

Superscript getting converted into normal text is seen on many tables.
Legendary Starships, NPC Name and Species, Drift Encounters, Weird Inhabitants, Urban Adventure Hooks, Urban Inhabitants, Subterranean Inhabitants, Space Inhabitants, Plains Inhabitants, Mountain Inhabitants, Marsh Inhabitants, Forest Inhabitants, Desert Inhabitants, Arctic Inhabitants, Aquatic Inhabitants, Airborne Inhabitants.
Wonder Warp Effect does a better job and has (Book pg.##).

GEM pg. 115
Wonder Warp Effect - There are 2 Wonder Warp Effect tables, appear as duplicates

Additional tables have duplicates as well.
Wonder Warp Effect, Party Relationship, Influential Associate, Major Event, Place of Origin,

GEM pg. 62
Desert Adventure Hooks - First 3 entries have an additional "3:" added at the beginning of [Adventure Hook] column.

GEM pg. 54
Aquatic Adventure Hooks - [Adventure Hook] column entries are incomplete and missing portions of text.

GEM Items
==Defiance series, squad - unable to locate where this is mentioned in GEM. Already existed as part of Core.

Core Story
<< New Story >> - Blank new story entry part of Core.

Unknown Items > Weapons
"Grenade -" - Reported this previously, Gravity grenades I,II,III are listed here and not in a category with all other grenades.

madman
August 18th, 2021, 18:59
GEM pg. 152
Starship Names Tables - Typo on [1d552] 51-552 [First Word]Nameless [Second Word] Mystery
It is incorrect in the reference manual as well.

Fixed.

Not sure if possible but the table is meant to roll twice, once on each column, to generate the name. There are a few tables in GEM that work this way.
Starship Names, NPC Name and Species,

Basic FG function does not allow for rolling twice.

GEM pg. 148
NPC Name and Species - The superscript on species was translated into normal text and seems unnecessary on FG.

Superscript getting converted into normal text is seen on many tables.
Legendary Starships, NPC Name and Species, Drift Encounters, Weird Inhabitants, Urban Adventure Hooks, Urban Inhabitants, Subterranean Inhabitants, Space Inhabitants, Plains Inhabitants, Mountain Inhabitants, Marsh Inhabitants, Forest Inhabitants, Desert Inhabitants, Arctic Inhabitants, Aquatic Inhabitants, Airborne Inhabitants.
Wonder Warp Effect does a better job and has (Book pg.##).

This information is not included in the book. The Superscript was changed to regular text so the GM has a reference to the book the race was found in. This is the way it is printed in the book.

GEM pg. 115
Wonder Warp Effect - There are 2 Wonder Warp Effect tables, appear as duplicates

You are correct. One in the GM's Book and one in the players book

Additional tables have duplicates as well.
Wonder Warp Effect, Party Relationship, Influential Associate, Major Event, Place of Origin,

Fixed

GEM pg. 62
Desert Adventure Hooks - First 3 entries have an additional "3:" added at the beginning of [Adventure Hook] column.

Fixed.

GEM pg. 54
Aquatic Adventure Hooks - [Adventure Hook] column entries are incomplete and missing portions of text.

Fixed.

GEM Items
==Defiance series, squad - unable to locate where this is mentioned in GEM. Already existed as part of Core.

Removed.

Core Story
<< New Story >> - Blank new story entry part of Core.

Fixed.

Unknown Items > Weapons
"Grenade -" - Reported this previously, Gravity grenades I,II,III are listed here and not in a category with all other grenades.

Fixed.

Thanks for reporting these. I will look into them all and get them fixed.
They are fixed and the changes are sent in for the next update.
Madman

cyblix
August 20th, 2021, 00:25
Enhancement Request - Features/Class Abilities:
Currently when leveling characters users open their character sheet, navigate to Abilities, Select Alt (Alternate) to the left of Class Abilities and they get a class filtered Features table. The only way to view which Features are available for their current level is to open each Feature one at a time. Using the Level filter towards the bottom only shows the specific level selected.

If it doesn't exist, can there be a way to see "available" Features based on current level? Or at least using specific query in the search to filter for a level range. ex. 1-8

superteddy57
August 20th, 2021, 00:33
Thank you for the request, and it's something to consider.

Muagen
August 24th, 2021, 23:52
I think the Deck of Many Worlds Module may be missing elements at this time.

After purchasing the Deck I updated the FGU client. I then enabled both the Deck of Many Worlds and Locations extensions and disabled all other extensions. I then loaded up the server and went into Library -> Modules and Loaded the Deck of Many Worlds module, but I am unable to locate the Locations module to enable it.

I've been out of the Starfinder loop for a while and I tried to find any recent hits for this issue via forum and more general Google search, so I apologize if this has been posted previously.

sciencephile
August 25th, 2021, 00:52

After purchasing the Deck I updated the FGU client. I then enabled both the Deck of Many Worlds and Locations extensions and disabled all other extensions. I then loaded up the server and went into Library -> Modules and Loaded the Deck of Many Worlds module, but I am unable to locate the Locations module to enable it.

I've been out of the Starfinder loop for a while and I tried to find any recent hits for this issue via forum and more general Google search, so I apologize if this has been posted previously.

Hi Muagen,

I inherited this product from a different developer so I will likely need a few days to look into this. I apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know once I look at it for a bit. Thanks.

Muagen
August 25th, 2021, 02:45
I'm glad I'm not harping on something that you're already aware of.

Thanks for the response and for looking into this!

Curuthanir
August 25th, 2021, 03:09

There's not a 'location' module to activate. With the 2 extensions loaded, and the Deck of Many Worlds module loaded, there should be a new button on your left, titled Locations.
(If you don't see the button on the left, makes sure it is loaded in the sidebar; go to Options (gear icon) -> Sidebar button on the bottom, and make sure the 'Locations button is orange.)

cyblix
August 25th, 2021, 04:28

The module you are looking for is 'Deck of Many Worlds' inside Data Modules. Looks like you found the extensions before loading. Last item is in Sidebar which were moved into Options. That's where Locations can be added to the Sidebar. You can then click on 'DoMW' to play with.

cyblix
August 25th, 2021, 04:29
There's not a 'location' module to activate. With the 2 extensions loaded, and the Deck of Many Worlds module loaded, there should be a new button on your left, titled Locations.
(If you don't see the button on the left, makes sure it is loaded in the sidebar; go to Options (gear icon) -> Sidebar button on the bottom, and make sure the 'Locations button is orange.)

Whoops! I didnt scroll down enough.

sciencephile
August 25th, 2021, 15:58
I'm glad I'm not harping on something that you're already aware of.

Thanks for the response and for looking into this!

Hi Muagen,

I got a chance to look at this and Curuthanir is correct. You just need to activate the Locations from the sidebar options.

Here is the list of steps (a picture with numbered labels is included in this response):

1. Click on the options button
2. Within the options, click on the Sidebar button
3. Make sure that Locations is clicked (is orange). The locations button will now show up on the desktop
4. Click the Locations button
5. Click the DoMW button within the Locations box. That will open the Deck of Many Worlds system.

Muagen
August 25th, 2021, 22:23
Thanks for the update!

I apologize for any confusion. I was misled by the included instructions.

I am now happily cranking out all sorts of bizarre new globes!

sciencephile
August 25th, 2021, 22:38
Thanks for the update!

I apologize for any confusion. I was misled by the included instructions.

I am now happily cranking out all sorts of bizarre new globes!

Glad to hear. The original dev's instructions were probably perfect at one time but as you know, things change. For instance, at one point in time not too long ago, the sidebar button was not under options as it is now.

Li7hium
August 26th, 2021, 13:43
Is it still the case that it is not possible to roll back Hit Die if you have accidentally added a class that you subsequently delete?

deer_buster
August 26th, 2021, 14:06
Is it still the case that it is not possible to roll back Hit Die if you have accidentally added a class that you subsequently delete?

Rolling back a class is not something that is easily automated. I don't think any ruleset has that capability. So, to answer your question, it is still not possible. (unless a lot has changed recently)

MeepTheChangeling
August 29th, 2021, 03:44
I just had a NPC accidentally target itself while targeting a PC. I then rolled an attack, the NPC hit itself, and then I untargeted the NPC via the "remove targets" button, which deleted the NPC's token and deleted it from the combat tracker. This is repeatable too, so I have no idea what's happening.

superteddy57
August 29th, 2021, 03:49
I just had a NPC accidentally target itself while targeting a PC. I then rolled an attack, the NPC hit itself, and then I untargeted the NPC via the "remove targets" button, which deleted the NPC's token and deleted it from the combat tracker. This is repeatable too, so I have no idea what's happening.

Based on what I read this is what I performed and it's not replicating the removal of the NPC on my end. Is this the process you followed?

Evolivolution
September 3rd, 2021, 15:21
CRB is missing the premade CR 1 Trap.

madman
September 4th, 2021, 01:39
CRB is missing the premade CR 1 Trap.

I will look into that and get it fixed ASAP.

Madman..

Ulric
September 8th, 2021, 01:51
SFRPG ruleset (v2021-08-17) for Fantasy Grounds no extensions

The spell Soul Reap does not have the correct damage type. Currently "the" is listed as the damage type. The text of the spell doesn't have a damage type listed. The spell is supposed to only work on undead. I would probably use force as the damage type because this will allow it to work on regular undead and Incorporeal undead.

Soul Reap is found in AA4 on page 91.

madman
September 8th, 2021, 02:16
The spell Soul Reap does not have the correct damage type. Currently "the" is listed as the damage type. The text of the spell doesn't have a damage type listed. The spell is supposed to only work on undead. I would probably use force as the damage type because this will allow it to work on regular undead and Incorporeal undead.

I will look into it and get it fixed. It may be a spell parsing error. Thanks for pointing it out.

Madman..

HeckoX
September 10th, 2021, 15:39
Starfinder Pact Worlds no longer displays any of the character themes related to the book.
Starfinder Pact Worlds (Players) for some reason DOES display them.

This also seems to apply to everything else, e.g. items, Races, etc.

(SFRPG ruleset v2021-08-17)

superteddy57
September 10th, 2021, 15:57
Starfinder Pact Worlds no longer displays any of the character themes related to the book.
Starfinder Pact Worlds (Players) for some reason DOES display them.

This also seems to apply to everything else, e.g. items, Races, etc.

(SFRPG ruleset v2021-08-17)

This is intended as character options are located in player modules. This allows players to access the modules and interact with the data.

HeckoX
September 10th, 2021, 19:42
This is intended as character options are located in player modules. This allows players to access the modules and interact with the data.
Right... but couldn't the players have done the same if the GM made it possible to load the original module? Which would also result in less maintenance, fewer errors, and the same result on both ends since the GM needs to make it possible to load the player version as well anyway?

When I bought the Pact Worlds, it was only a single module, and now every character sheet that includes anything from the original module (where the content has been split and moved to a "player module") not only fails to load the content, but also creates records that cannot be deleted, because FG thinks it's part of the module.

Is it safe to assume that even if the split was intended, the above result was not? And save for directly editing the db.xml, which not everyone knows how to safely do, how should the above be resolved?

superteddy57
September 10th, 2021, 21:34
I wanted to relay that the behavior you described, would be expected behavior for commercial products. The change in linkage would be something I would expect if the change was made suddenly. The change would cause the links to break in any campaign that set them up. I further investigated and the split to two modules was performed in April of 2018. This change was not a recent one and not one where I was with the company to assist in providing any migration of the data. So has it been some time since you've used Fantasy Grounds and this particular product?

HeckoX
September 10th, 2021, 22:13
I wanted to relay that the behavior you described, would be expected behavior for commercial products. The change in linkage would be something I would expect if the change was made suddenly. The change would cause the links to break in any campaign that set them up. I further investigated and the split to two modules was performed in April of 2018. This change was not a recent one and not one where I was with the company to assist in providing any migration of the data. So has it been some time since you've used Fantasy Grounds and this particular product?
No, I use FG regularly and for that particular campaign once a month.

I will take your word for that it was split on April 2018, but according to a backup I have from Juli 13 of 2020, themes for Starfinder Pact Worlds were present in the non-player version of the module, as it was possible to create a character with the Roboticist theme with the main module as reference:

<themelink type="windowreference">
<class>theme</class>
<recordname>reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds</recordname>
</themelink>
<themerecord type="string">reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds</themerecord>
<token type="token">tokens/host/Player chars/Armogorashtakaz.png</token>

During a level-up on April 10/11 2021, I find no indication of an error having accured when the theme was "re-applied" - the theme record was still as seen above.

During a level-up today, an error occured when FG was not able to find said reference in the module. When trying to check the theme manually, it created an empty read-only record in the module.
The theme did not work until i manually updated the db.xml with reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds (Players), so even if the split may have occured in April 2018, the main module must've had a full list of content and not just this:

Else, the character sheet could not have been created in the way it was, and the console would've displayed errors with each level-up.

superteddy57
September 10th, 2021, 23:17
Can you provide me a copy of your campaign please? It will help in looking over the issue.

HeckoX
September 11th, 2021, 00:12
Sure thing, maybe you can spot something I've missed.
I'll send a link to an online backup of the campaign from last month in a PM, since I don't want it lying around

superteddy57
September 11th, 2021, 00:26
Sure thing, maybe you can spot something I've missed.
I'll send a link to an online backup of the campaign from last month in a PM, since I don't want it lying around

Appreciate it, its sometimes best to see a campaign's data to best fix the issue. It might also be a good idea to keep this copy in case my fix help this campaign

superteddy57
September 11th, 2021, 06:11
No, I use FG regularly and for that particular campaign once a month.

I will take your word for that it was split on April 2018, but according to a backup I have from Juli 13 of 2020, themes for Starfinder Pact Worlds were present in the non-player version of the module, as it was possible to create a character with the Roboticist theme with the main module as reference:

<themelink type="windowreference">
<class>theme</class>
<recordname>reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds</recordname>
</themelink>
<themerecord type="string">reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds</themerecord>
<token type="token">tokens/host/Player chars/Armogorashtakaz.png</token>

During a level-up on April 10/11 2021, I find no indication of an error having accured when the theme was "re-applied" - the theme record was still as seen above.

During a level-up today, an error occured when FG was not able to find said reference in the module. When trying to check the theme manually, it created an empty read-only record in the module.
The theme did not work until i manually updated the db.xml with reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds (Players), so even if the split may have occured in April 2018, the main module must've had a full list of content and not just this:

Else, the character sheet could not have been created in the way it was, and the console would've displayed errors with each level-up.

Pushed a hotfix along with a few other fixes and clean up I performed while working through the Mech update.

sirrogue2
September 12th, 2021, 17:21
Found some more starship-related bugs. Bugs were found on a Tier 19 dreadnought with a space station framework installed.

1) Space station frameworks do not increase the number of available expansion bays. Expansion bay allowances should triple when the item is added.
2) Hangar bay expansion bays should take up 4 bays; they only take up 1.
3) Shuttle bay expansion bays should take up 2 expansion bays; they only take up 1.
4) Virtual intelligence holographic projectors are not present. Also, virtual intelligences have a 0 Build Point cost. (Should be based on the tier of the VI)
5) Installed power cores do not display on the starship sheet, even though their PCU capacity and usage is counted correctly.
6) I see no way to link two weapons. (This may be just a lack of UI to do so.)

superteddy57
September 12th, 2021, 19:41
The frameworks are an odd duck when introduced with the SOM book and are on my list of hard coding them to work correctly till a better solution is found. Colony was the first one to get the treatment, and the others will follow.

Any item that needs BP adjusted can be copied and have their BP change till a solution is implemented. As an example, VI, does not have a listed BP cost as it's determined by the level of the device. This also changes the underlying bonuses. A consideration in splitting the VI ship item into each leveled part was considered, but till automation is implemented, it would have to be handled manually at each stage of it's installation. I did not see the Holographic Projectors for VI and will relay this to the developer of the module.

Can expand on the Power Core issue? I was able to receive this when I was testing a fresh ship and added a Power Core:

As for linking weapons, it was another system I am looking in finding a better way of automating and thus not implemented.

MeepTheChangeling
September 12th, 2021, 20:55
Not sure if this is a bug, but I cannot add starships to an encounter.

superteddy57
September 12th, 2021, 23:21
Not sure if this is a bug, but I cannot add starships to an encounter.

Unfortunately starships can't be added to encounters as they are not NPC records. It's been on my list for some time to implement something for starships. Just not something I am able to do at the moment with the Mech book updates and other R&D projects for Smiteworks.

jrock1
September 13th, 2021, 00:51
FG v4.1.6 Ultimate (2021-09-08)

When an NPC rolled a natural 20 and critted me using its ranged weapon (piercing ("P" dmg) vs KAC), my DR 5 was applied 2x. The total critical damage was 20, but instead of taking 15 (DR 5), I only took 10 of it (DR 5 x2).

To recreate:
1. Give a PC DR 5.
2. Have the NPC critically hit the PC (nat. 20, making sure it is in fact a crit) with either B, P, or S damage.
3. The DR will be applied twice instead of once.

benvredenburg
September 19th, 2021, 04:09
SFRPG ruleset (v2021-08-17) for Fantasy Grounds no extensions

Soul Reap is found in AA4 on page 91.

I will look into it and get it fixed. It may be a spell parsing error. Thanks for pointing it out.

Madman..

I found this same error on the spell 'Disintegrate.'

Additionally, it appears that the damage type 'spell' is broken. On spells that don't have an energy, physical, or force damage associated with them, like 'Mind Thrust,' the damage is listed as spell and every creature outright full resists the damage. If you remove the damage type, it shows up in the tracker as [TYPE: magic, spell] (the same as if the damage type were 'spell'), but still gets full resisted.

If you change the damage type to literally anything else though, it works as intended.

superteddy57
September 20th, 2021, 19:47
I found this same error on the spell 'Disintegrate.'

Additionally, it appears that the damage type 'spell' is broken. On spells that don't have an energy, physical, or force damage associated with them, like 'Mind Thrust,' the damage is listed as spell and every creature outright full resists the damage. If you remove the damage type, it shows up in the tracker as [TYPE: magic, spell] (the same as if the damage type were 'spell'), but still gets full resisted.

If you change the damage type to literally anything else though, it works as intended.

The issue you ran into is not related to a parsing issue. My new damage code was making untyped or spell damage go resisted and apply no damage. I will be pushing an update with the weekly update (Tuesday) to fix this issue. Thank you for the report.

benvredenburg
September 20th, 2021, 21:00
The issue you ran into is not related to a parsing issue. My new damage code was making untyped or spell damage go resisted and apply no damage. I will be pushing an update with the weekly update (Tuesday) to fix this issue. Thank you for the report.

Ah, I assumed it was a parsing error since I am not really familiar with your back end. Glad to hear you all know what the issue is an are fixing it. Thank you for the prompt fix.

superteddy57
September 20th, 2021, 21:45
No worries, and I thank you for the report. Helped me find an issue. Just wanted to clarify and explain the issue. Don't want to have to change spell wording if it's a ruleset issue :)

madman
September 21st, 2021, 03:05
I still think the "the" in the damage type field is the parser. It is not information included in the spell record.

I thought i would give it a look to see if it was something i could fix, or not.

Madman..

Ulric
September 22nd, 2021, 03:01
The spell "Psychokinetic Strangulation" Mystic 3rd Level CRB does not have "save for half damage" setup correctly.

madman
September 22nd, 2021, 03:49
I will check the spell record. Thanks for reporting this.

Madman..

madman
September 22nd, 2021, 03:55
The spell "Psychokinetic Strangulation" Mystic 3rd Level CRB does not have "save for half damage" setup correctly.

Fixed in the next update.

Madman..

Locotomo
September 22nd, 2021, 17:01
Some description seem to be missing :)49233

madman
September 22nd, 2021, 17:41
Some description seem to be missing :)49233

Thanks for reporting this. What book is that in?

Madman..

madman
September 22nd, 2021, 17:46
I found it. It's fixed.

Madman..

Locotomo
September 24th, 2021, 23:16
Hey �� I play a Vanguard and he has 3 types of damage with his Entropic Strike. Under "type" i wrote : Acid; Bludgeoning; Force. When I roll damage only acid shows up. Is this right?
When I cause damage against a creature that has resistance against acid, it doesn´t take the other two types into account.
I replaced the ";" wit a "," but that didn't work either, I just did a test against a fire elemental. It just was immune to all the damage.

superteddy57
September 24th, 2021, 23:48
You would use commas under normal circumstances. As for case please use lowercase letters for damage. It's not changing the case in the code and I will try and get a solution for the Tuesday update.

benvredenburg
September 24th, 2021, 23:50

Happy to see the update went through and spell damage is now not being resisted wholesale but I did notice a new issue while confirming this today:

All energy and magic damage is being "partially resisted" in the chat window but is not actually being partially resisted in practice.

Example: Xi-Nu attacks Akata (only DR is for 5 fire) with a Perforator Pistol doing Sonic (So) damage and rolls a 4 on damage. The chat box shows: Damage [4] -> [to Akata][PARTIALLY RESISTED]. Both the damage listed and the damage applied to the Akata are correct at 4, just for some reason it says a resistance happened.

I tested this on enemies with various resistances and immunities and as far as I can tell, there is no issue with applied damage being incorrect, so this is purely an issue with the information presented in the text box from a DM/Player perspective.

superteddy57
September 25th, 2021, 08:49
Yes, I am aware of the wonky chat output. I wanted to push a quick hotfix and this was missed through that fast push. It will be added to the list for Tuesday as well.

benvredenburg
September 25th, 2021, 19:33
ah, cool. you all do amazing work, thank you.

jrock1
October 11th, 2021, 16:34
FGU v4.1.10 Ultimate (2021-10-05)

DMGO: <# or #d#> bleed is no longer working when applied by a weapon etc. Has the syntax changed (e.g. Bleed or bleeding or Bleeding) perhaps?

Thank you.

jrock1
October 11th, 2021, 16:53

I observed a bug: upon level up, in order to update Saving Throws in the Actions tab, one has to click the spyglass for each; otherwise, they won't be updated.

Was DC 17, until I clicked each spyglass --> DC 18 (see screenshot): 49435

I believe this issue is also a part of this bug: The CL doesn't update unless you cycle through the classes after every level-up. (see screenshot): 49436

Ulric
October 11th, 2021, 21:23

I observed a bug: upon level up, in order to update Saving Throws in the Actions tab, one has to click the spyglass for each; otherwise, they won't be updated.

Was DC 17, until I clicked each spyglass --> DC 18 (see screenshot): 49435

I believe this issue is also a part of this bug: The CL doesn't update unless you cycle through the classes after every level-up. (see screenshot): 49436

I can confirm my group is experiencing these bugs when leveling up.

jrock1
October 12th, 2021, 22:38
When adding Class: Envoy and Theme: Law Officer, the system isn't giving a +1 to Sense Motive from the theme's Theme Knowledge at Level 1.

The Law Officer theme state:
Sense Motive is a class skill for you, though if it is a class skill from the class you take at 1st level, you instead gain a +1 bonus to Sense Motive checks.

Note: I do not know if this bug affects other Class-Theme combinations.

jrock1
October 12th, 2021, 22:51
Post today's 10/12/2021 update:
It appears the Full Attack 2d20 dice roll has been removed; when grabbing the FATK die (left-click) and then adding another (right-click) it does not expend the ammo properly.

jmstump
October 13th, 2021, 00:44
Hello! I just started entering stuff for my new Starfinder campaign I plan to run through Fantasy Grounds. I'm new to the tool and was curious about the ability scores for characters. The documentation mentions an editor and a magnifying glass to do this, but currently it's not available when I open a character sheet. I can adjust these by holding CTRL and using the mouse scroll wheel, but it would be nice to see what the base scores were before various racial and theme modifiers have been applied. Is this a bug or was this removed at some point? If it has been is there a way to see what was entered before options were selected?

superteddy57
October 13th, 2021, 00:52
Post today's 10/12/2021 update:
It appears the Full Attack 2d20 dice roll has been removed; when grabbing the FATK die (left-click) and then adding another (right-click) it does not expend the ammo properly.

This is not a bug as adding dice through right click won't expend dice. The full attack multiple die roll was removed as it couldn't handle effect tracking and would have to be rolled separately.

superteddy57
October 13th, 2021, 00:52
Hello! I just started entering stuff for my new Starfinder campaign I plan to run through Fantasy Grounds. I'm new to the tool and was curious about the ability scores for characters. The documentation mentions an editor and a magnifying glass to do this, but currently it's not available when I open a character sheet. I can adjust these by holding CTRL and using the mouse scroll wheel, but it would be nice to see what the base scores were before various racial and theme modifiers have been applied. Is this a bug or was this removed at some point? If it has been is there a way to see what was entered before options were selected?

The documentation wasn't updated. The scores are able to be edited directly and the editor is removed.

superteddy57
October 13th, 2021, 00:58
When adding Class: Envoy and Theme: Law Officer, the system isn't giving a +1 to Sense Motive from the theme's Theme Knowledge at Level 1.

The Law Officer theme state:
Sense Motive is a class skill for you, though if it is a class skill from the class you take at 1st level, you instead gain a +1 bonus to Sense Motive checks.

Note: I do not know if this bug affects other Class-Theme combinations.

You can select it as a class skill by clicking on the class skill radio button or adding in the bonus of your Sense Motive checks

jmstump
October 13th, 2021, 02:10
The documentation wasn't updated. The scores are able to be edited directly and the editor is removed.

Thanks! I'm not sure why, but I thought I had tried this before looking up the CTRL+Mouse Wheel option. I just tested it again and it worked fine. Thanks, I was going a little crazy there for a moment.

jrock1
October 16th, 2021, 23:02
10/16/2021 Bug

When dropping encounters, Token sizes are not appearing correctly. Mediums are showing as Tiny (see screenshot: 49507)
Please disregard

masterqgj
October 21st, 2021, 20:38
When opening item descriptions or some other data sheets the description window is still editable even when the sheet is locked. For e.g. when creating new items. I made a small screenshot of one of those items.

superteddy57
October 21st, 2021, 21:00
What module is that item from? I looked over items and there is no description at the bottom. This sits on the other tab. So I can't verify this. Will need more information to hunt this down.

masterqgj
October 21st, 2021, 21:13
Hi Superteddy57,

that's a custom item. I created a new item and added the text in that box. When i add a text in the "other" tab, the same text occurs in the first tab, as shown in the picture above. The premade items from starfinder core for e.g behave in the same way, except that the description is not editable in this case. But the description text is also shown on the first page.

superteddy57
October 21st, 2021, 21:20
I attempted to make a new custom item directly into the masterindex and on the character sheet. I can't get that control to appear. The bottom most control should be properties and I was not able to see it duplicate on the other tab and it does lock. I can't seem to replicate it on my end.

masterqgj
October 21st, 2021, 21:26
Mhmm okay, i have a few addons installed, maybe that's again the issues reason. I gonna try it without addons as soon as i'm no longer needed as DM :)

[Edit]
Okay - i'm sorry, but the issue is from an extension i use. Sorry for bothering you :(

LokiTheWanderer
October 22nd, 2021, 02:06
I'm in a Starfinder game of FFoD right now with a Morlamaw character. My GM indicated since last week he's been unable to adjust my size on the Combat Tracker and that, even though he's targeting me (and others), it's not applying damage to us.

Ulric
October 22nd, 2021, 14:58
The spell Resistant Armor allows you to choose resistance to energy damage, pick any three of acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic damage. The target and her gear gain energy resistance 10 that protects against the chosen types of energy. I added the effect to the NPC "RESIST: 10 fire" and cast laser net spell on the NPC. The NPC takes full damage but if I open the "Spell/Ability Damage" window and change "Spell Dmg?" tp "No" the RESIST effect stops 10 point of damage and applies any remaining to HP. I was able to reproduce this with the other damage types.

SFRPG ruleset (v2021-10-19) for Fantasy Grounds, Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds

jrock1
October 22nd, 2021, 22:37
IFT / ACTN bug

IFT: CUSTOM() is currently not working since the 10/19/2021 update. Also ACTN duration isn't being resolved.

This setup was working prior to the update (see screenshot): 49589

Notes: No extensions are loaded and we tried in 2 different SFRPG games. We also tried CUSTOM vs. Custom, but same result, the extra dmg is not being rolled and ACTN is not being resolved (not expiring from the target).

Update: the extra dmg and ACTN starting working but nothing was changed, there is a bug somewhere, just not sure where yet.

Update 02: the label "Tricked" with Flat-footed, should have been set to SINGLE instead of ACTN. Otherwise, the label is removed and the extra IFT dmg is not applied. With SINGLE the function is working as desired (Flat-footed is removed, but "Tricked" remains so that the IFT dmg is applied; please disregard this bug report.

Thank you

jrock1
October 23rd, 2021, 05:20
New bug observed (no extensions loaded; latest version as of 10/22)

When a nat 20 crit was rolled, it doubled the base (weapon) damage but not the Ability damage. The Ability damage was added through an IFT statement (Operative Trick Attack) set to SELF / ACTN.
IFT: Custom(Tricked); DMG: 5d8

Critical Hit
https://aonsrd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=111
Under critical hit, "You roll your damage twice, each time with all your usual bonuses and including any additional damage from special abilities, and then add the rolls together."
Nothing in Trick Attack calls it out as not being multiplied on a critical hit.

Note: This bug needs to be confirmed as it only occurred once during gameplay.

Jesse0317
October 23rd, 2021, 05:49
Hello,
On the new character sheet change for the mechanic, we can add feats and such to the drones now but we can't seem to figure out how to level up the Drone. Any ideas?

Thank you.49595

superteddy57
October 23rd, 2021, 08:23
Hello,
On the new character sheet change for the mechanic, we can add feats and such to the drones now but we can't seem to figure out how to level up the Drone. Any ideas?

Thank you.49595

Dropping the race again on the character sheet should increase it's level like it does on the PC sheet

Jesse0317
October 23rd, 2021, 09:23
Dropping the race again on the character sheet should increase it's level like it does on the PC sheet

That’s what I thought too but it wouldn’t take it.

superteddy57
October 23rd, 2021, 09:28
You might have to drop it into the attributes frame for it to register the drop. I would have to expand the drop catcher further as this seems to be causing some issues.

Ulric
October 23rd, 2021, 15:48
@supperteddy57 Did you see my post about this bug? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62775-Official-Starfinder-RPG-Bug-Report-Thread&p=624314&viewfull=1#post624314

superteddy57
October 23rd, 2021, 15:50
Yes, I saw it and it's being investigated

Jesse0317
October 23rd, 2021, 16:43
You might have to drop it into the attributes frame for it to register the drop. I would have to expand the drop catcher further as this seems to be causing some issues.

That worked, thank you Sir.

Ulric
November 2nd, 2021, 18:01
The Fatigued Condition is subtracting from ranged damage when it should only reduce melee damage

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2021, 18:14
The Fatigued Condition is subtracting from ranged damage when it should only reduce melee damage

Can you show me how you have the NPC setup and the weapon being used? I tested it and couldn't replicate.

Ulric
November 2nd, 2021, 18:26
Can you show me how you have the NPC setup and the weapon being used? I tested it and couldn't replicate.

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2021, 18:53
Thanks, appreciate the image. I'll add it to my list of fixes.

jrock1
November 6th, 2021, 20:17
There is an issue with the weapon: Ice carbine, gelid (Starfinder Armory p.35)

Its subtype is currently set to Long arm, instead of Longarm in FG Unity, which is causing issues with the Item (i.e. not displaying the Ammo capacity & usage, and more). Please update the items with Long arm to Longarm.

Thank you,
jrock1

madman
November 6th, 2021, 20:23
I'll look into that and get it fixed. Thanks for reporting it. [Fixed]

Madman..

Ulric
November 28th, 2021, 23:48
The player's Reference Manual creates a new "Story" window when you click on any of the links.

MODERATOR: Moved from the content status thread to the bug reporting thread.

Moon Wizard
November 29th, 2021, 04:30
Reported to madman.

Regards,
JPG

madman
November 29th, 2021, 05:34
I will get it fixed. Thanks for reporting it. [Fixed]
Madman..

Zeruel_Kagenie
December 1st, 2021, 20:33
There is a typo in Starfinder Armory module. The author of the file is listed as ''Pazio Inc'' instead of ''Paizo Inc.''

madman
December 2nd, 2021, 12:31
I will update that. Thanks for reporting it. [Fixed]

Madman..

jrock1
December 7th, 2021, 19:09
Power Armor STR Ability Score Bug

When equipping Power Armor STR is increased; however, when Power Armor is unequipped the STR ability score does not return to normal.

Note: this was tested using a Level 5 Vesk Soldier, using the Cargo Lifter power armor.

indiglossia
December 10th, 2021, 18:51
When you search starfinder in the store its almost all pathfinder. Very difficult to browse since pathfinder has a gazillion things

Evolivolution
December 10th, 2021, 19:00
When you search starfinder in the store its almost all pathfinder. Very difficult to browse since pathfinder has a gazillion things

Might want to use the 'Filter by Game System' option.

amberlink
December 12th, 2021, 06:47
Painful Injection seems to be lacking from the ability to select it

(Ability from Character Operations Manual Page 46)

Evolivolution
December 12th, 2021, 11:59
Painful Injection seems to be lacking from the ability to select it

(Ability from Character Operations Manual Page 46)

Note for madman: It's the link to the 'Painful Injection' feature in the 'Theorem' feature entry(s) that is missing.
amberlink: It's just a missing link, you can still find the feature by opening the features window (found in the top left of the classes window, or by hitting the 'ALT' sybol next to Class Abilities in the Abilities tab of the PC sheet) and then searching for it. From there you can drag it onto the charactersheet and it'll work as usual.

madman
December 13th, 2021, 15:19
I'll get it sorted. Thanks for reporting it. [Fixed]

Madman..

Regina M
December 13th, 2021, 23:54
For NPC ships, I'm not getting the little radial tic box next to the roles on the combat tracker to be able to change up roles if needed. Is this a bug or was that feature sent by the wayside?

Evolivolution
December 14th, 2021, 00:39
For NPC ships, I'm not getting the little radial tic box next to the roles on the combat tracker to be able to change up roles if needed. Is this a bug or was that feature sent by the wayside?

First, I can't seem to find what you're talking about. Could you make a screenshot?
Second, I'm very sure NPC ships don't 'change' roles. They (should) have all checks premade.

superteddy57
December 14th, 2021, 01:30
NPC ships do not change roles. Since most stat blocks assume faceless crew in particular roles.

Regina M
December 14th, 2021, 02:25
First, I can't seem to find what you're talking about. Could you make a screenshot?
Second, I'm very sure NPC ships don't 'change' roles. They (should) have all checks premade.

From looking at the youtube tutorial and at the wiki, it seemed like maybe there would be a way for the npc captain or other crew to switch roles with a small radial tic mark. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what that was for, if so, my bad! At any rate, it was between the crew and the skill check in a column. I've got nothing on mine, so I wasn't sure if it was something that was discarded later. Thanks!