PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players - DnD 5E

Brooklyn051968
November 19th, 2017, 20:35
Very experienced DM who uses a Matt Mercer style of roleplaying....heavy with character accents and various voices who encourages players to do the same! The game is a homebrew campaign where the impossible is happening!! An army of Orcs has started marching west through Gruumsh Pass! Are they organized by the Oil Barons of Gundahar to conquer the Five Crowns in the West? Or are they just intent on burning everything to the ground unless stopped? To make matters worse, the dragon monks of the Shimmering Scale have proclaimed that after nearly 5 centuries of being gone, dragons will return to the world of Tallos and who ever controls them.....controls the world.

I like groups that are 3-4 players to keep everything tight. I can run several groups depending on the response! I live on the West Coast of the United States and I welcome players of all cultures or time zones...that's the beauty of playing online isn't it? I do not care if you have been playing since it was called Chainmail....or just picked up the 5E Players Handbook yesterday, as long as you are fun, reliable, and enthusiastically into the game we can make it work.

I really need 2 immediate players that would start next Friday 11/24/2017 PST from 9:00pm to Midnight. That game launches and is need of a Rogue and some form of fighter. If you want to use magic....arcane tricksters or eldritch knights are fine, but Paladins, or Rangers would be great also. I usually do not limit players choices but this game has a couple of players already so I would like to balance it out.

If you are interested let me know what days and times you would be available and the frequency. What your general background is would be nice. Something along these lines: My name is Mark. I am almost 50 years old. I have been DMing since about 1984 in both the United States and Europe (Germany). I love to DM because I am extremely creative and I love to build worlds, think up governments, alliances, politics, wars, and then explore them with players. I typically play Rogues or Rangers that are dark heroes but always aligned with the side of good when the chips are down. I am available Most weeknights from 6pm-11pm Pacific Standard Time, and am flexible on the weekends. I can play up to 3 times a week but the sessions must be 2-3 hours long. I am unable to do marathon gaming sessions. We would be using Fantasy Grounds and TeamSpeak.

Yuki-God
November 19th, 2017, 22:28
Hello I am Michael. Been playing pathfinder for 4 or 5 years now also dabbled abit with 5e. Typically play fighter or druid but can play mostly any class needed. Im available most nights other than thursdays and can play for pretty long sessions. And i have expirence with both fantasy grounds and teamspeak

Brooklyn051968
November 19th, 2017, 23:17
Hey Michael.

Go ahead and email me directly!

[email protected]

I would love to see if you can round out the group!

Zann
November 19th, 2017, 23:57
Hey Michael.

Email me directly!

[email protected]

I would love to join for a game too.

johnshep
November 20th, 2017, 00:27
My name is John, I would love to play in your campaign. I have been playing for over 20 years and mostly play a cleric or fight character.

[email protected]

Thank you for your consideration.

John

The Hawk and Sparrow
November 20th, 2017, 16:50
Hey dude. 50 year old cat here. I would be a great guy to have on board because I love to roleplay and I DM so I can give you a break now and then. I tend to be the character with the bad Slavic accent. I finished running a two year campaign and took a break due to a lot of moving parts and pieces in my personal life, but the itch is coming back. I normally play on Saturday morning at 9 EST (-5GMT) for about 3 hours or so. I had 3 Euro's in my last group so it was a hoot. Ideas?

BigEz
November 23rd, 2017, 02:11
Is there still a seat at the table? if so email me at [email protected] if it works out i will pick up what ever subs I need to play.

Bergeydan
November 23rd, 2017, 21:28
My name is Dan and 48 years old, played first edition and now 5e for the past year. first time on FG but I have been playing around for the last week as i piked up the full package. I am available weekends, currently week days are tough as i travel for work...need to find a way to play while at a hotel. i typically play a Paladin or Ranger.

Zodius
November 24th, 2017, 06:55
Hey man I'd love to join. I'm terrible with timezones so not sure if I can. I'm living in hong kong, so not sure what time it wold start here. Got some experience role playing. I can do anytime sunday or evnings at 8pm HKT. Hit me up if you're interested.

Pakapook
November 25th, 2017, 04:25
Hey whats going on? My name is Steve and i'm 26 years old. I live in est time zone and was interested in joining one of your games. I have a game on Friday nights with some people that are local to me. If you were to start another game on a different day then I would be able to partake. Any time and day (excluding Fridays) works for me as long as its past 8 pst. I would love to be able to play weekly. I'm really ready to find a group and a DM that would last more then a few months. I want to see character that we have created see great adventures.

I have some deal of experience with 5e, though I still do not know everything. I also have some experience with Fantasy grounds.

I look forward to hearing a response from you!

Mystikan
November 27th, 2017, 10:22
Hi there,

While I cant do Fridays. If ever you need a player to fit a group on Saturday Nights or Sunday evening/nights. I would be more than interested. Looking for long term or short term. Highly reliable and highly intrigued by voiced acted role play. Put me on a list for any games you come up with that fit those time slots. Have a good day.

Mystikan

FG License: Standard License
Time Zone: Mountain USA UTC -7
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Late Night Saturday 10 PM EST (2200 -5 UTC) or Sunday late afternoons/evening/night
Voice: Discord and can aquire any other needed

Game System Preferred: 5E D&D, Open to C&C and Pathfinder
Game System Experience: Played 1st Edition many moons ago
Fantasy Grounds Experience: None (Been playing around with FG solo so some exp)

Character Type Preferred: Bard, Wizard or Sorcerer but open to any class/race.

About me: I work nights so therefore the odd times. I own the Fantasy Grounds version of the 5E DMG, PHG, MM, Volo's, and SCAG. I want to be a player in a group and with enough experience start Dungeon mastering. some adventures of my own. Investing some money into Fantasy Grounds so I now hope to get some play time whether as DM or player. I also own hard cover 5E DMG, PHB, and MM. I also own 1st Ed AD&D Hardcovers DMG, PHB, MM, MM2, FF, Deities and Demigods, and some old modules. Also a hardcover of 2E DMG. I can pretty much be talked into investing in Fantasy Ground's C&C if a group comes along. Pathfinder also sounds interesting.

Ahoggya
November 27th, 2017, 22:09
Sounds really good. My name is William. I'm 63 and have been roleplaying since Empire of the Petal throne. I've been running and playing 5e on FG for the last 3 years. Really enjoy Critical Role and am listening through it for the 2nd time. Been working on voices and accents with apps I bought on my phone. On West coast time and usually available weeknights after 4pm and sunday after noon. I have played several character classes. Email: [email protected]

Steapasnater
November 29th, 2017, 06:09
Hey there! So i'm an experienced 5e player/DM. I started about five years ago when I was a summer camp councilor looking for cheap ways to fill my weekends to avoid 5 hour trips home and back every week. I'm looking to join a game to help bolster some of my own ideas and improve on my creativity. My availability is any week day after 6 central, save for occasional Fridays (that's when I run my Genashi campaign), and any time Sundays. Hope you have room for one more, still.

As always,
Steapa,
The Immortal Bard, Abhorsen, and Keeper of the River of Death

Mr. Schmemeby
November 29th, 2017, 22:32
If there's still a slot available, please e-mail me at [email protected]. I'm new to D&D, so I don't know if that's okay or not.

mortonas1214
December 2nd, 2017, 10:52
my name is alexander i have only played a couple dnd sessions but im pretty good with 5e so far. i am almost always available on evenings. i love a good RP game i am very creative and open to whatever suits the group and story best. i would like to be a player and if noi would like to guest star as a character that purpose is about being part of the story. or as a villain a person that back-stabs them or just be a straight up boss they are trying to catch and kill.

jjod27
December 3rd, 2017, 23:02
Are you still looking for players? I would be happy to get you some info if there is a game available.
Thanks

Brooklyn051968
December 10th, 2017, 00:14
Hi everyone. I am very sorry about the lack of response. I was overwhelmed. I was completing my campaign world and putting my Friday night group through the paces.

I was shocked at the amount of responses!! I have run a few wildly successful sessions now and my confidence level is such that I have returned to communicate with everyone again. I would like to be a hub, mentor, or resource for players and DMs alike. I cannot run more than 1 more campaign but I was sad to hear that a lot of games are East Coast driven and that there may be less games in relation generating in the Pacific Standard Time zone. If that's true it's a shame. I want to help change that!!

I am currently wanting to start a campaign that runs every Wednesday night at 7pm Pacific Standard Time......if this time works for you let me know, I need 4 players.

Aside from that, I want to start some threads on DMing in general and I may even put together some Podcasts of our gaming sessions and some vids for YouTube.

Feedback is important. Please tell me if the Podcasts and vids would interest you!! Knowing I would have a following ahead of time is a great motivator!!

ZackT
December 10th, 2017, 18:31
LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Wed PST US Time Zone prefer 5E

FG License: I am new to FG and was wondering which license I needed for your game.
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (I live in California)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Wednesday night at 7pm sounds good to me.
Term: I am looking for a long term weekly game.
Voice: I am fine with using TeamSpeak for the game.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: I played in a year long weekly homebrew campaign using 5E. That was in 2015-2016, so I've been away from the game for about a year now.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds but I am a quick study and would definitely watch some tutorials before our first game session.

Character Type Preferred: I played a Ranger during the campaign I played a little over a year ago. I am open to playing any class that fits a balanced team.

About me: My name is Zack and I am 27 years old. I would say that I am fairly new still since I have played only one class. However, I have a hardcopy of the PHB and have looked it over on more than one occasion so I'm not entirely green. As mentioned I was a part of a year long campaign at my local game store that ended. At the time I was still in college and decided not to start a new campaign. I have since graduated and I am excited to get back into the action and adventure. I like a good role playing session and think it could be fun to get into a character and make it as realistic as possible, but if the team wants to be lighthearted I am fine with that too. I am fine with the sessions being turned into a Podcast and/or posted to YouTube.

Questions: Which license do I need for your game? Demo, Standard, or Ultimate
Which modules do you recommend? Complete Core Class, Xanathar's Guide, Character Customization Pack?

Leplin
December 10th, 2017, 18:38
That time would work great with my usual schedule. I travel, so weeknights are the only time I'd get to game, and the later the better (to a limit, natch).
Anyway - I'm Rob, I have experience playing every edition, and GMing some 3.5 and 4e. Finally getting back into playing with 5e. I like the trend I've seen on twitch/youtube with GM style, and it got me interested in playing again. I'd have no issues with you creating podcast/video of something I'm in.

I've been toying with the 5e AL character creation, and hit on the Paladin with Oath of Redemption out of Xanathar's... reminds me somewhat of my favorite 4e character type, Pacifist Cleric. I'm open to play other character types as needed, though.
Let me know if this interests you, and we'll make something happen.

ctvash
December 10th, 2017, 22:04
Hello my names Taylor. Looking for another group to fill out the roleplaying void in my week. Currently I am extremely flexible in scheduling, so if you need a slot filled up I'm your guy. I mostly play fighter-like classes with a little dabble in rogue classes. I rarely play spell classes but am always up to try new stuff. Most of my experience is with 3.5 and pathfinder but I got just a tiny bit into 5e.

Thanks!

barbation
December 12th, 2017, 16:57
Hello, I'm Diego.
I just started playing DnD 5e. I have a Ranger still level 1. I'm available Thursdays, Fridays, and sometimes the remaining days. Playing Fridays at 9:00 PST si perfect for me. I have Fantasy Grounds standard licence and I can download TeamSpeak.
Best Regards.

Ahoggya
December 12th, 2017, 17:17
I'm good with that time. The public idea is fine also. The only reason I never did video feed is the strain on memory. Record audio is much less abusive in that respect. I am really looking forward to participating in a Matt Mercer style of game. For the past year I've been working with some software to learn to properly do accents. I run games and eventually want to run one in that style. Four years experience with FG and D&D 5e since it's release.