STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 26 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    Yep it's called FGII Con and you play a game with a GM with an Ultimate License, we just need more than one a year.
    Yep it's called the Fantasy Grounds Community IRC channel. Quite a few ultimate license holders hang out in there frequently. Just wish more players and community members would take advantage of it.

Blog Entries
    Hey everyone,

I thought I would share some exciting news regarding an upcoming Kickstarter. We've been in negotiations with Brendon Duncan from www.3dvirtualtabletop.com on a collaboration targeting iOS and Android. We really like the look of his 3D virtual tabletop and we both agree that it would fit very well with Fantasy Grounds as a new client type. Most of the current maps and tokens could be made to work with the 3D (or 2.5D) view that Brendon has working now without any changes needed on the current art assets.

Another benefit would be that we could release to PC, Mac and Linux via the web in addition to hitting the iPhones, iPads and Android tablets and phones. For FG users running locally, this could be a cool way for players to connect and interact with the maps.

Keep an eye out for a new thread in the next couple days and we'll be looking for thoughts and suggestions on how we can best take advantage of this collaboration. I'm really excited and I'm looking forward to working with Brendon to bring a cool new look and feel to FG.

In the meantime, I encourage interested users to go visit the URL listed above and check out some of the demos.

3D basically kills FG for me, please tell me this is an optional thing and not a forced change to the core application.

Blog Entries
    It will be a new client that can connect to a GM running a Full or Ultimate license. Art assets will be rendered in 2.5D on that client only. It will be a focused interface that won't fully reproduce everything in FG.

The current Full and Lite clients will remain the same.

Yea, disregard my comment, I played with the demo application on the their site, and it is fake 3D and pretty cool. I saw the words 3D and assumed we would have to build dungeons inside an editor of some sort. This would not interfere with my ability to use FG at all. I encourage everyone to go play around with the demo and see for themselves.

Holy crap! Fantastic news!

This is good news and I'm happy to see some movement on this front. So, yay, I'll throw some money at this kickstarter because I want to see you guys succeed...

But, ugh, the sadface is because I really want to see the core FG client get some love. I'd pledge 10 times the amount for a kickstarter targeted at improvements to the current client. I just hope that when you embark on this new adventure, the core FG doesn't get pushed too far down the "to do" list.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Blog Entries
    Looks cool... would have to see how it integrates with regular FG application and how a group on mixed formats can play together.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Making Fantasy Grounds available to you on more devices is something I'm pleased to be part of. We're trying to make the experience as seamless as possible, you should be able to use all your existing tokens, maps, and other assets in the 3D Virtual Tabletop. This time however, they will be standing up to fight!

Let us know if there's anything special you'd like to see in Fantasy Grounds on a mobile device. This is a great stage to give us your input to help shape the app so you can play your games in the best possible way.

Here's what the app looks like at the moment:
    3D Virtual Tabletop for iPad/iPhone & Android

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke
    This is good news and I'm happy to see some movement on this front. So, yay, I'll throw some money at this kickstarter because I want to see you guys succeed...

But, ugh, the sadface is because I really want to see the core FG client get some love. I'd pledge 10 times the amount for a kickstarter targeted at improvements to the current client. I just hope that when you embark on this new adventure, the core FG doesn't get pushed too far down the "to do" list.
    Ya know, the more i think about it, I'm kind of on-board with you here. I'd Kickstart the hell out of core improvements. The benefit of this KS is--at the end of the day--more players on more devices, and that's cool, but it's not something you can get too excited about if you already have a stable game group.

Thread Information