DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace

Blue-white light flashed across the hull as the ship emerged from jumpspace. It had been nearly two years since the Emerald Monarch and her crew of 27 had gone beyond the borders of the Terran Confederation.

The navigator looked up from his console, barely able to contain his excitement. ‘Sir, I show successful emergence at the 100 diameter limit.’

The captain smiled, and let out a deep breath. It was as if an enormous weight had been lifted from him. ‘Contact Nusku Control, and pipe it through the ships intercom. I think there are some people that will want to hear this.’

‘Aye Sir,’ replied the communications officer.

“Nusku Orbital Control, this is Emerald Monarch, Nusku registry NU27664, arriving from the Apishal jump point at 2055 standard time, 23rd January 2173. Requesting transponder assignment and flight plan to Nusku Highport along minimum time trajectory.”

It took nearly four minutes for the reply.

“Emerald Monarch, this is Nusku Orbital Control, Your arrival has been recorded and accepted. You are cleared for minimum time trajectory to Nusku Highport, sqwark 4222… Welcome home.”

Muffled cheers penetrated the bridge from other parts of the ship. Not even the ship’s steel bulkheads could contain the crew’s joy at being home.

The captain rose form his chair. ‘Take us in. I will be in my quarters, I need to get our paperwork in order. Also, make sure the crew are aware that after we dock, there will be a service in the highport gardens for those that didn’t make it home with us.”

I am looking for 4 - 6 players, interested in playing a game set in the Interstellar Wars period of the Traveller universe. It will be played using Fantasy Grounds and the GURPS 4th Edition ruleset. Teamspeak3 will be used for voice communications, so the ability to at least listen in with Teamspeak will be necessary, however a microphone, while preferred, will not be essential.

The characters will be members of the crew on the Emerald Monarch, a 400-dton frontier merchant ship. It’s mission to forge new trade routes and explore opportunities within the ancient Vilani Imperium, while the 4th Interstellar War looms in the background.

Characters will be accomplished individuals built on 200pts.

Game sessions may be weekly, or fortnightly. This will depend largely on the player’s availability.

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=482
    Last edited by ronnke; April 16th, 2010 at 05:35.

The Traveller setting provided a backdrop for two really interesting campaigns in my old face to face group. I'm very much looking forward to exploring this Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_egan
    The Traveller setting provided a backdrop for two really interesting campaigns in my old face to face group. I'm very much looking forward to exploring this Universe.
    "Welcome aboard the Emerald Monarch. Choose your quarters, officers get a stateroom, the bunkrooms are for the rest of the crew. Have a look around, the captain will want to see you and fill you in on all the details."

I've been wanting to play (or run) some Interstellar Wars for quite a while, but I'm in the UK, so would find the timezone difference tricky.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

I will aim to have games sessions run for 3-4 hours. Given that information what times in GMT would you available on weekdays and weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke
    I will aim to have games sessions run for 3-4 hours. Given that information what times in GMT would you available on weekdays and weekends?
    Weekend mornings for me work well, so afternoon for you. Weekend afternoons I can usually arrange.

Weekdays I'm usually working, though as I'm freelance I can sometimes move things around. However, I'd find it very hard to guarantee a weekday during normal working hours sometime in advance.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

G'ah...interested, but I'm not sure I could do weekly (or even biweekly at this point).
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

would love to give it a try fri evenings best for me gmt -6 but sat mornings could work

Quote Originally Posted by mr_h
    G'ah...interested, but I'm not sure I could do weekly (or even biweekly at this point).
    The best I could suggest, is allow someone to play your character on sessions you can't be at.

I have created a little web app that will help me in the planning of session times. If you are interested in playing this game, then click the following link and check the boxes for the times that you are available to play.

The info is entered into a database that I can set to return the names of those whose availability coincides with my availability.

https://ronnke.ath.cx/sessionplanner...cc509a6f75849b
    Last edited by ronnke; April 17th, 2010 at 14:59.

Thread Information