DICE PACKS BUNDLE

2.5d token issues still

I'm still trying to make a token pack with 2.5d tokens. I have the tokens and their xml associated metadata files. I'm using cepehus engine ruleset. then loading the cepheus SRD and Ships, then loading project sci/fi module then my new token module with just a few images and tokens in it. I renamed any local modules I had been developing on with the same names as the forge versions so I get the forge versions before loading anything. I then open the multi-layer space combat map. Drop my tokens on it (all of 30 of them) and only a little more than half show up when I switch to 2.5d mode. I see them in 2d mode no problem.

I re-created my token module from scratch (about the 10th time now) :-) then exported it and used that in a freshly created cepheus engine ruleset with the same modules loaded.

I tried to export the space combat map as a single layer (thinking maybe its a layer issue). at first it exported as all black map. then I exported it as webp, and that worked. I then had the space combat map as a single layer. I dropped about 10 tokens on it and none of them showed up in 2.5d mode this time. I tried setting them to always visible and toggled the viewing modes and los and lighting etc...

I think the tokens might show up if I add them to the cbt tracker and drag from there? I'm currently just dragging them from the token assets. I can't remember anymore, but I'm pretty sure there's a difference between having them in the cbt tracker and just dragging from the assets. maybe that's a ruleset thing. But they should work straight from the token assets anyway. right?

Are there still any outstanding 2.5d token related issues? I'm running out of steam. :-)

Is there still an issue with tokens wider than they are tall? I thought that was fixed awhile back. I can try to just make them all square I guess. I'll try that with 1 that isn't showing in 2.5d sometime today probably. If that works then I'll just release with all of them square and probably have to re-do the xml. :-( But I know I used one that worked in the 10 tokens I tried with just a single layer.

Thanks!
    -Chris

I'm not really following much of what you are saying and I don't know the ruleset you are referring to; but one thing I can tell you is that in order for tokens to behave properly they must be added to the map via the Combat Tracker. Dragging directly from assets just adds the token as part of the map and therefore nothing will happen to them when you switch views.

Whilst the Token - Camera is using token in its name it is actually better if you have an image in there. Usually this will be a webp image (since it needs to have an alpha channel for best results and .png files are a bit weighty). Such an image would ideally be 800px tall or 100px wide whichever is the lesser (so if your image is taller than 800 resize it to 800 and accept whatever the width is when you keep the proportions and if it's greater than 1000 wide shrink it to 1000 and accept the height). This will mean that normally all the 'tokens' (Portrait, Token - Flat, and Token - Camera) will be different.

I don't know if any of this helps but if it doesn't maybe some screen shots of what you are trying to achieve might be appropriate - with more details of what kind of images/tokens and their sizes that you are working with.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

They all worked great in test and most of the time I just dragged them from assets. I even made some videos with them. https://www.crwrpgdesign.com/blog/sh...ine-test-build Most are 500px or less wide and high. Plus some work and some don't which is a bit confusing. I'll try to square them up and see if that helps. If not, I'll load them into a 5E campaign and do a proper bug report with more information and have the campaign zipped up and ready to send.
    I'd like to use some tokens as decoration. (not in the cbt tracker) For planets and asteroid fields and missiles etc... things you wouldn't really need cbt tracker entries for. Thanks for the reply! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post
    They all worked great in test and most of the time I just dragged them from assets. I even made some videos with them. https://www.crwrpgdesign.com/blog/sh...ine-test-build Most are 500px or less wide and high. Plus some work and some don't which is a bit confusing. I'll try to square them up and see if that helps. If not, I'll load them into a 5E campaign and do a proper bug report with more information and have the campaign zipped up and ready to send.
    I'd like to use some tokens as decoration. (not in the cbt tracker) For planets and asteroid fields and missiles etc... things you wouldn't really need cbt tracker entries for. Thanks for the reply! :-)
    The tokens should work when dragged from the assets window to the map. The same token will be used for both the 2d and 3d views. There was an issue with non-square tokens, but that was fixed. Can you send me a token and XML that isn't working? Thanks. If you can't post here, just zip it up and send it to [email protected] Thanks.

Ok. Thanks. I sent the token module to you zipped up. Hopefully its not user error. :-) I've re-done these tokens more than a few times now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post
    Ok. Thanks. I sent the token module to you zipped up. Hopefully its not user error. :-) I've re-done these tokens more than a few times now.
    Thanks for the data. Tokens that have metadata are expecting a targeting grid size to compare with expected grid size assigned in the metadata. The targeting grid size is set through the combat tracker. Tokens with metadata that are added directly from the assets were scaling to zero while tokens with no metadata were drawing correctly. I have submitted a fix and it should be available in the release build update. I believe the update is scheduled for tomorrow.

I just pushed an update today for the changes provided by @pindercarl. Please run a new Check for Updates and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

Yep. That did it. I can see all my tokens in 2.5d now. Thanks! And thanks pindercarl!

Thread Information