DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 89 of 158 First ... 3979878889909199139 ... Last
    Joining late intomthe screen management discussion....

I think functionality implemented on the Host/GM side to toggle shared screens being minimized/closed on the player‘s end and reopening them from the Host/GM would help. I don‘t think forcing them to be in certain places would help, especially if using different resolutions or even more than one display screen. I must admit I use 2 screens in GM mode for handling the screen sharing, and I like to have 2 screens in Player mode, too. Though I think it‘s most important in GM mode. Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    Joining late intomthe screen management discussion....

I think functionality implemented on the Host/GM side to toggle shared screens being minimized/closed on the player‘s end and reopening them from the Host/GM would help. I don‘t think forcing them to be in certain places would help, especially if using different resolutions or even more than one display screen. I must admit I use 2 screens in GM mode for handling the screen sharing, and I like to have 2 screens in Player mode, too. Though I think it‘s most important in GM mode. Just my 2 cents...
    FORCING anything is not the way, i think on this point everyone agree. Everyone should still have 100% ability to manually resize anything. But being able to quickly organizing stuff using the tools on FG is right the way to go and saving a preset position just like we can do it currently with the dice would help already. Currently making maps Small size does not help much but to save a little time on making it fit your screen and resize it faster.

Should we start another thread to discuss it further?
    Maybe we can see a consensus and put it in the wishlist after. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    I think functionality implemented on the Host/GM side to toggle shared screens being minimized/closed on the player‘s end and reopening them from the Host/GM would help.
    You can do that now - simply re-share the record, it will re-open (if it has been closed) on the player side.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well, I want to ask the important questions about FGU. This is to Doug and John. Once you get this out in beta or at least during the kickstarter etc etc. Are you guys going to take a bit of a break for a week? I see the entire team on server for so long and work fatigue is a real thing even with stuff you are passionate about. Will there be some sort launch party where you guys can relax. Maybe a Discord or twitch stream thing for when it just comes out so people can see it and a oneshot can be done? I think thatd be really cool then a few days off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaara6666 View Post
    Well, I want to ask the important questions about FGU. This is to Doug and John. Once you get this out in beta or at least during the kickstarter etc etc. Are you guys going to take a bit of a break for a week? I see the entire team on server for so long and work fatigue is a real thing even with stuff you are passionate about. Will there be some sort launch party where you guys can relax. Maybe a Discord or twitch stream thing for when it just comes out so people can see it and a oneshot can be done? I think thatd be really cool then a few days off.
    Actually, it would probably be wiser to take time off right before it's announced. I suspect once it's released their will be a huge increase in tech support, sales, company inquiries etc

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Making better use of multiple screens would make a big difference. The fudge of stretching the window over the screens isn't terribly good when you have different sized monitors or different resolutions - really adds to the burden of having to resize everything as what fits on one screen probably doesn't on the second. Then there's the wasted space (can only use 1080 pixels of a 1200 height screen if the other screen is only 1080 high), the less than ideal appearance (I would much rather not have the windows frames visible, and whatever is filling the wasted space), and having to mouse over 2 screens to get from chat/modifiers to the library buttons.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    Making better use of multiple screens would make a big difference. The fudge of stretching the window over the screens isn't terribly good when you have different sized monitors or different resolutions - really adds to the burden of having to resize everything as what fits on one screen probably doesn't on the second. Then there's the wasted space (can only use 1080 pixels of a 1200 height screen if the other screen is only 1080 high), the less than ideal appearance (I would much rather not have the windows frames visible, and whatever is filling the wasted space), and having to mouse over 2 screens to get from chat/modifiers to the library buttons.
    There is no guarantee of multi-monitor support in FGU.
    The number of apps that really do multi-monitor support properly number in the thousands.
    Ooooops - I meant thousandths of a single percentage point of the total number of apps...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    number in the thousands.
    Ooooops - I meant thousandths of a single percentage point of the total number of apps...
    ... which figure do you think is higher?

Lots of apps handle multiple monitors just fine through the use of several windows. Maybe this would be too radical a change, but FG could someday ditch the extra desktop it introduces and put everything in actual windows. Then you can arrange things on several monitors however you wish. Sort of like how GIMP does it, is what I have in mind.

Just be careful not to roll your virtual dice into the Recycle Bin...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thebwt View Post
    ... which figure do you think is higher?
    I did wonder that myself after I wrote it

GiMP is the only program that I use that actually supports multimonitor in any meaningful way.
    And I use the single window option so that I dont keep losing my tools!

Thread Information