DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks for the corrections.
    But a little problem with NPCs that have a character class. How do you create a character class and call up the corresponding attack matrix and the appropriate save table?

EDIT: I think I've found it. You just need to type the character class (like Fighter, MagicUser, Cleric, etc)
    Depending upon what you're trying to do, you can use "Fights As" or "Saves As" on the "Main" tab of the NPC record, along with the "Level or HD" for each. Hope that helps.

indeed ! Great extension ! Thank you for your work, Doomsword

Hello,
    Sorry for the double post but I found a new problem with the coins weight. It's not possible to change the weight, they have to be 0.5 lbs each...
    In my example, 100 coins weigh 50 lbs instead of 10 and this doesn't change anything if I've configured the currencies in FG.
    Of course, I've tried it without the extension and it works normally with ruleset 2E.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vackipleur; February 2nd, 2024 at 16:05.

Hello,
    Sorry for the double post but I found a new problem with the coins weight. It's not possible to change the weight, they have to be 0.5 lbs each...
    In my example, 100 coins weigh 50 lbs instead of 10 and this doesn't change anything if I've configured the currencies in FG.
    Of course, I've tried it without the extension and it works normally with ruleset 2E.
    Thanks
    No worries at all, and thanks very much for the report. 1E coin weights were being applied, regardless of currency weights and in some other situations. This should now be fixed, and you should now be able to populate custom values for coin weight and have them reflected properly, regardless of 1E or 2E selection. If no custom currency weight is set, the extension will use 50 coins to a pound for 2E and 10 coins to a pound for 1E/OSRIC. Thanks again, and let me know if you find anything else wrong.

Edit: I know you set 0.1 as the value, but in your case, this was getting multiplied by 5 to set coin weights for 1E/OSRIC appropriately from the default 2E values. That shouldn't happen any longer
    Last edited by Doomsword; February 2nd, 2024 at 19:00. Reason: clarification
    Twitter: @Doomswords
    Discord: Doomsword#0669

When I make an attack roll the chat result does not have the same modifier as the red dice box on my character sheet.
    Not sure why.
    This is my 1st character.
    I have used his Bow where my character sheet says 0 modifier.
    But in Chat a -1 is shown to Dice Roll.
    AND for my long sword I think ,my character sheet shows 1 modifier ( I assume +1 for my strength).
    BUT in chat roll no modifier is shown to d20 roll.
    Here is some screens.
    Is this correct ,AND if so what is giving me a -1 modifier ,is that due to AD&D monster matrix ,SINCE the OSRIC matrix seems to give same result in chat.

Is my starting level 1 characters THACO 20 ,what gives this -1 modifier ,EVEN though it is not shown in the preview red box for attack roll on my character sheet? I dont mind if this is what gives the modifier ,but should it ALSO be visible in this red box as well?

The Combat Tracker mimics my character sheet red box modifiers ,as in shows 0 modifier or else +1 modifier ,and the chat roll results still add another -1 to d20.
    Few more screens. Showing Combat Tracker.
    https://imgur.com/xlXbKJf
    https://imgur.com/NOIMWwG
    Last edited by seanny; February 3rd, 2024 at 03:43.

Thanks for all the info. I'll check this out tomorrow. Might be that I included range modifiers, but I'm not sure right now. I'm sure I can do a better job of chat vs. actuality, however - haven't looked at that in a while. What's the range of this target?

EDIT: In retrospect, I'll at least look at the melee, first...
    Last edited by Doomsword; February 3rd, 2024 at 04:23.

Thank you so much Doomsword! You're the best

I was wondering if it was possible to add the type "d6" in the choice of Skills in the tab of the same name? Indeed, it's possible to define a characteristic or a % but not a d6 in the Skills tab.
    Would it be possible to add this choice to the extension, or is it ultimately linked to the ruleset (so it's up to the creator to do it)?

@seanny

I hadn't noticed, but it's because of your character's encumbrance and the attack penalties that 2E assigns to those. OSRIC uses a lot of stuff from 2E, including this. It shouldn't have used this. To the best of my knowledge, there are no attack penalties for encumbrance in 1E or OSRIC, so I fixed it in the OSRIC ruleset. When you update, this should be taken care of. Thanks again for the excellent report - I'm surprised I never noticed it myself.

Thank you so much Doomsword! You're the best

I was wondering if it was possible to add the type "d6" in the choice of Skills in the tab of the same name? Indeed, it's possible to define a characteristic or a % but not a d6 in the Skills tab.
    Would it be possible to add this choice to the extension, or is it ultimately linked to the ruleset (so it's up to the creator to do it)?
    Thanks!

Are you trying to add a skill in the main Skills tab, not the one on the character sheet? And, you want to add a skill that's rolled on a d6? If that's the case, you're probably best off matching the d100 to a d6, like so:

1 in 6 is ~16%
    2 in 6 is 33 %
    3 in 6 is 50%
    4 in 6 is 67%
    5 in 6 is ~84%
    6 in 6 is 100%

It obviously wouldn't roll d6's in the case of rollables, but it would give you a good approximation. I think that's how most of the modules do it.

I probably could make it happen, but this comes from the core ruleset as far as I know. I do occasionally make modifications to the core, but I try not to do that too much so that I don't break anything.

If that's NOT what you're trying to do, can you give me more info?

You've understood me perfectly well. I find that rolling 1d6 is more OSR than rolling 1d100
    And of course, I've converted the odds on 1d6 to a percentage.

Thread Information