5E Character Create Playlist
Page 52 of 54 First ... 2425051525354 Last

Thread: PAR5E Tutorial

Races

Hi guys!

I wanted to add a custom race to a Rar5e module and ran into a problem.
    I tried putting this line in:

#!;Ability Score Increase. Your Ability Scores each increase by 2.

but it only increases the ability scores +1 since the race is called Human.

I also tried to add a subrace for my custom elven race:
    #s;Elf from Caras Galadhon.
    #!;Elven-Senses. You grew up in co-existens with nature. The wood help sharpening your sences.
    Your Perception score increases by 2.

My problem is that:
    I do not know how I tell Fantasy Grounds that I have a new Trait which is for example called "Elven-Senses" and that it has to increase Perception by 2.

Blog Entries
    @tsemana, Thanks for reaching out to OBS about the UA stuff. Makes sense about conversions. I had never thought of it in that regards but was familiar with all the other aspects of DMsG publishing.

FYI, DMsG takes a 50% cut of the sales price. DriveThruRPG takes a 30 or 35% depending upon exclusivity. So, basically you loose 20% by using the DMsG and you gain the ability to use much of the WotC product identity.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm a total Par5e novice and I'm trying to add new archetypes. I have the base document but when I try to parse it I get the following errors

Parse : class .................................................. ................ [Invalid Path - WARNING]
    Cook : module archive .................................................. ............. [Failed - WARNING]

I'm thinking in order to add archetypes I need to include the original class info but before I enter the new data but I want to verify this first.

Let me add due to the discussions about copyright this is just for me and my group.

Thankye

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    @tsemana, Thanks for reaching out to OBS about the UA stuff. Makes sense about conversions. I had never thought of it in that regards but was familiar with all the other aspects of DMsG publishing.

FYI, DMsG takes a 50% cut of the sales price. DriveThruRPG takes a 30 or 35% depending upon exclusivity. So, basically you loose 20% by using the DMsG and you gain the ability to use much of the WotC product identity.
    Yeah, no problem @LordEntrails. It was a gray area for me so worth asking directly. Nickademus has posted the UA ranger on there just yesterday so <shrug>.

Question here on PAR5E. Is there a way to get the cool sidebar styling and table background image as seen in the WotC-published material's Reference Books into our PAR5Ed modules?

No, that's not included in the public version of par5e.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Quote Originally Posted by erjohns View Post
    I'm a total Par5e novice and I'm trying to add new archetypes. I have the base document but when I try to parse it I get the following errors

Parse : class .................................................. ................ [Invalid Path - WARNING]
    Cook : module archive .................................................. ............. [Failed - WARNING]

I'm thinking in order to add archetypes I need to include the original class info but before I enter the new data but I want to verify this first.

Let me add due to the discussions about copyright this is just for me and my group.

Thankye
    The invalid path warning is caused because par5e can't find the file you want to par5e. So either it's the wrong filename or it's in the wrong place.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsemana View Post
    Question here on PAR5E. Is there a way to get the cool sidebar styling and table background image as seen in the WotC-published material's Reference Books into our PAR5Ed modules?
    As kp9911 says, you can't do it in the version of Par5E we have available. But, I have seen others mention that you can do it manually in the xml itself. Note, that it is only available in the Reference Module portions, and not in Story or other entries.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    As kp9911 says, you can't do it in the version of Par5E we have available. But, I have seen others mention that you can do it manually in the xml itself. Note, that it is only available in the Reference Module portions, and not in Story or other entries.
    Thanks, and confirmed;

You can go into the xml and, only within the `<referencemanual>` tags, manually adjust any blocktype `text` and add a `<frame>` tag that dictates the enclosing style.

Thanks LordEntrails

It will eventually come to fg5eparser however it's gonna take some time.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

No, that's not included in the public version of par5e.
    Can I infer that there is a non-public version I could purchase?

Thread Information