DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

What I would most long for is supporting FG in the transition to a web-based solution. If this discount is they way to support this, I'm more than happy to have paid more in the past.

that's my two cents.

I believe this was a wise move, as long as you have enough revenue streams from modules, forge items and other add ons.

As someone that has dipped a toe into several VTT options, I know my home is here. with several options hitting the market since covid, this was most likely a very smart move. I have dipped a toe, lurked and blatantly tried several well known as well as up and coming VTTs. WotC eventual offering also could cause issues across the landscape. There are AI creation and VTTs coming. those that want a video game feel will have those options. but for my preference of more TTrpg but with the ease of letting the computer take some of the load, FGU is hands down the best.

The good/bad thing with FGU is I am literally invested in it being successful. Other than Paizo, Everything I have purchased here is FGC/FGU only. So once invested a certain amount, a user is essentially all in. (I mean this in no negative way) Smiteworks has to make money, they are a business and people need paid to do work. We want the upgrades, addons and bug fixes.

Doing this now will hopefully lock in many more DMs and Players. the price difference from standard to ultimate may also encourage some players to try their hand at DMing. T
    The gifts are a reasonable way to acknowledge those that paid full price (I personally waited for sales for my second ultimate license and many of my books, but the first ultimate was needed at the time it was bought). I have no regrets or hard feelings. If had bought it right before the sale, yes I would feel annoyed at my piss poor timing, but there is nothing underhanded here.

good luck. and I can't wait for my DM to get us back up and running
    Last edited by Morenu; May 22nd, 2024 at 13:50.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance** accidentally deleted, If anyone grabbed a copy, PLEASE let me know**. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We absolutely understand feeling a bit disappointed if you paid a lot more for the licenses and see that they are on sale for cheaper now. We worked with some of our long term partners to provide everyone who already had a license with some freebies to help soften the blow, and we added a few smaller items from our end as well. Everyone with a license before the price drop should have these on their account for free:

• Hearts and Skulls Dice Pack
    • Stars and Clovers Dice Pack
    • Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) Ruleset
    • Black Scrolls - Sewer Map Pack
    • Pathfinder RPG - Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Docks
    Thanks! These are great!

Btw on a side note. Even if the price had NOT dropped the value of FG has only gotten greater and greater in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by snupy View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I think it was the right decision then. Perhaps you could offer people who purchased within 30 days before the sale started a coupon for the price difference to be spent on the FG shop. It would be a nice touch which could increase product loyalty, certainly not something due or required. Within that time scale they could have refunded and repurchased anyway, but may have not noticed or thought about it (I would not be among the ones affected by this so I am not proposing the idea in the hope of getting something out of it).
    If someone had purchased at the higher price in the last 30 days, they can reach out to Customer Service who would help them out. SmiteWorks has a long standing policy of refunding the difference (or the entire product cost and just have you repurchase it at the lower price).

Blog Entries
    If I calculate the cost per hour I got out of my older and more expensive licenses, it is about the cheapest entertainment I ever paid for ...

Happy that lower prices will mean more get to enjoy the program.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    If I calculate the cost per hour I got out of my older and more expensive licenses, it is about the cheapest entertainment I ever paid for ...

300%

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post

Oh agreed very much. Last time I checked I was around $0.17/hour for cost and I have a significant DLC library... a great value for time spent.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

FG has a great cost value as long as you actually use it. I remember my long time group did some rough calculations of the value we had gotten from FG Classic when we were switching over to FGU - it was *tiny* fractions of a cent.

I'm glad to see the price drop. I seem to hear more about competitors than Fantasy Grounds. Kickstarters often seem to have competitor VTT options without FG, which is a bummer.

Out of curiosity, is Smiteworks advertising the new price? Roll20 got a lot of coverage with its Discord integration. Foundry got coverage with its WotC partnership. Demiplane is getting attention with Daggerhear. I haven't seen any FG news on the YouTube channels I view.

Quote Originally Posted by Saramund View Post
    What I would most long for is supporting FG in the transition to a web-based solution. If this discount is they way to support this, I'm more than happy to have paid more in the past.

that's my two cents.
    What I would most hate is FG transitioning to a web-based solution. I bought FGU UL specifically because it lives on my computer and was a one-time purchase. I am sick and tired of subscription-based VTTs, of being unable to work on my campaign because I'm not online, and of server-based lag hampering my game night, especially with large maps. If FG became online-only, I would stop using it.

Thread Information