DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

New Low Prices on Licenses

With the success of the license sale for the 20th Anniversary, we have decided to experiment a bit and go with a permanent price drop on licenses. They are now $20 for Standard and $50 for Ultimate. Upgrades from Standard to Ultimate are $30.

We believe Fantasy Grounds has always worked to bring great value for the price; however, we can't deny that we were often referred to as the "powerful but expensive option" when comparing VTTs. We hope that this will directly combat that narrative and allow us to reach more users. We think that the power of the automation and campaign tracking features of Fantasy Grounds pairs well with no monthly or annual fees with our 1-time licenses to make Fantasy Grounds the best option in the market for many gamers. In the meantime, we will continue to work on enhancing the capabilities and experience for our existing users.

Thanks for all your support up to this point and we hope you will stick with us for another 20 years of evolution.

-Doug

Excellent stuff.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Good call.

This is an excellent idea! Two thumbs up!

Awesome move!

I'm personally trying to get onboard some friends as GM for one of the many ruleset available, and your move I'm sure is going to help.

Love this! My biggest pain point with tabletop RPGs is the burden of cost on the DM, glad to see it's being reduced, hope to see some new faces around!

Good Day DDavison
    Great call, here is looking forward to many more people joining the ranks!

A brave and bold choice, but I think the right one. Especially given the pricing of competitor base products.

I'm guessing the bulk of the income comes from the DLC in any case, and you can't sell people rulesets and adventures and tokens and maps here if they're put off by the high initial cost of the software.

Look forward to 20 more years and more!

Cheers, Hywel

I think this was an excellent call!

Thread Information