DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Campaign fubar

Campaign fubar

I have just updated FGU to the latest version (4.5.7 dated 2 May), and on opening one of my campaigns, all of my modules had unloaded and all my extensions were unselected. I selected them again and opened the campaign. I have no sidebar, can't find any of the things such as character or party folders, and so on. I have 2 other campaigns running, neither of which seems to be affected by this issue. I am running FGU and 5e, currently playing Princes of the Apoclaype wth the Core books, Tashas, Xanathar's, Mordenkainens, SCAG and Volos. The logs give me a number of errors, screenshot attached. I have also attached a screenshot of the desktop on opening. Help appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like the CampaignRegistry.lua file has become corrupted. Make a back up of the folder before you do anything else. Then in the original folder delete the CampaignRegistry.lua file and start up the campaign. If that doesn't fix it start a new campaign with a diffeerect name and then close it out. Copy the db.xml from the problematic campaign into the campaign folder of the one you just created and then start that campaign up. You can copy over the extensionstate.xml, modulestate.xml and windowstate.xml files as well if you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Also make sure you aren't storing your live campaign data on a cloud location like Google Drive or OneDrive. You can store backups there, but don't point your data folder directly there.

Thanks Zacchaeus, that's restored the the game - sort of. All the PCs have disappeared though. Should I copy the db, extensionstate, modulestate and windowstate over from the back-up to the "normal" folder?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    Thanks Zacchaeus, that's restored the the game - sort of. All the PCs have disappeared though. Should I copy the db, extensionstate, modulestate and windowstate over from the back-up to the "normal" folder?
    Can you post a screenshot of the contents of the back up folder and the new folder. Make sure that you switch on Details in the View menu so that the size and date stamps are visible.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks gents, we've mamaged to recover the charaters to. My players and I appreciate your help.

Thread Information