DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 111 of 111 First ... 1161101109110111
    Moon Wizard thanks for the quick fix.

Hi,

I've this console message if I have a character with "Jack Of All Trades" skill at level 1 and no Weapon Skill (in my example Melee) when a melee weapon is equipped and I open the Actions tab on character sheet.

[6/6/2024 10:31:25 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:char_weapon:skillDM"]:25: attempt to concatenate global 'skill' (a nil value)
    Thanks

During play, I've noticed two bugs that have caused us to forgo features supplied by the ruleset/VTT.

Menu Options bugs:

1. When attempting to apply the "Damage Characteristic Order" or "Heal Characteristic Order" options to macros, the functionality does not operate as expected. After applying these options to macros and attempting to use them, the macros reset the options to default settings instead of the chosen settings meant to be applied to the macro.
    A second side effect to using the macros: characters only receive END damage or healing (neither STR nor DEX) until manually pressing the options in the menu and resetting them by hand.
    The obvious workaround is to use the Characteristic Order options in the options menu, however my players have expressed that it's annoying to use, so we forgo the feature entirely.

2. Natural resilience does not dynamically apply DM to damage received based on current END DM; this is because it uses the DM on the main tab of the sheet instead of the DM on the actions tab of the sheet.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Berwind; June 13th, 2024 at 05:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Berwind View Post
    During play, I've noticed two bugs that have caused us to forgo features supplied by the ruleset/VTT.

Menu Options bugs:

1. When attempting to apply the "Damage Characteristic Order" or "Heal Characteristic Order" options to macros, the functionality does not operate as expected. After applying these options to macros and attempting to use them, the macros reset the options to default settings instead of the chosen settings meant to be applied to the macro.
    A second side effect to using the macros: characters only receive END damage or healing (neither STR nor DEX) until manually pressing the options in the menu and resetting them by hand.
    The obvious workaround is to use the Characteristic Order options in the options menu, however my players have expressed that it's annoying to use, so we forgo the feature entirely.

2. Natural resilience does not dynamically apply DM to damage received based on current END DM; this is because it uses the DM on the main tab of the sheet instead of the DM on the actions tab of the sheet.

Thanks!
    Hey Berwind,

Thanks for taking the time to type this all up.

I'm confused as to what you mean macro's - the Damage and Heal options are read directly when applying damage or healing, as far as I'm aware this order is set for your game, and not an ad-hoc option. But tell me what you're doing and I'll see what can be done.

Regarding the Natural Resilience - I'll take a look at this, I've almost finished the updated character sheet which I hope it's much simpler to use, in the meantime I will see if I can address this.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    I'm confused as to what you mean macro's - the Damage and Heal options are read directly when applying damage or healing, as far as I'm aware this order is set for your game, and not an ad-hoc option. But tell me what you're doing and I'll see what can be done.,
    MBM
    I probably could have explained it better. You can click and drag options from the menu onto the Macro bar at the bottom to quickly change settings by using the buttons on the bottom of the screen.

As an example, you can set Show GM Roll to on, click and drag that to a button on the bottom.
    Toy can then turn Show GM Roll off and do the same. You can now change the option using the buttons on the bottom of the screen instead of using the options menu.

When applying this to Characteristic order and only after clicking the buttons, I experience the bug in my previous comment.

I can record a video of my issue after I get off of work if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Berwind View Post
    I probably could have explained it better. You can click and drag options from the menu onto the Macro bar at the bottom to quickly change settings by using the buttons on the bottom of the screen.

As an example, you can set Show GM Roll to on, click and drag that to a button on the bottom.
    Toy can then turn Show GM Roll off and do the same. You can now change the option using the buttons on the bottom of the screen instead of using the options menu.

When applying this to Characteristic order and only after clicking the buttons, I experience the bug in my previous comment.

I can record a video of my issue after I get off of work if you like.
    Interesting, I'll check that out as the options are done in the same way all options are done, so be interesting to know if another 'multi selection' option works.

Cheers.
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I recorded the video to make sure we're on the same page.
    I'll also mention that I checked for console errors, and there were none.
    FG Version 4.5.8 (2024-06-05)

I'll also mention, and I got this idea because of the bug, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an option that only applies damage to Endurance, for those that houserule that you can apply remaining damage points individually instead of under one characteristic.
    I was also thinking it was possible that it could be a bug with the menu for things added via ruleset or extension, but we can investigate that further if needed.
    Last edited by Berwind; Yesterday at 01:57.

Thread Information