DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issue with moving Fantasy grounds folder to a new hard drive

Hi all, I moved the entire FGU folder in a new HD (an SSD one).

I Have changed the directory path but nothing seems to work.

In the setting menů, an error about brother directory keeps popping out, but in the previous HD the directory path for app and data were the same.

Any suggestion?

What is the exact error? Post a screenshot or type it down please.

Once I'm back home ,I'll do that!

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    In the setting menů, an error about brother directory keeps popping out, but in the previous HD the directory path for app and data were the same.
    Having the same directory for the application and data isn't recommended. Uninstalling, or a future big update, can delete files from the application directory - which could delete your FG data (campaigns, characters, custom modules, etc.). Keep these directories separate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, I could split them, but which folders should stay in the Fantasy Grounds app directory and which are considered data?

Should I go with a fresh reinstall?

This is what I have in my two directories.

The application directory:

FGU Application.jpg

And in my data directory:

FGU data directory.jpg

Your may look slightly different, but this should allow you to separate them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you very much, man! Now it's much clearer!

Hi all, in the end I kept having problems so I went for a fresh reinstall.

What I noticed is that I cannot split app and data folders in 2 different hard drive. Is it something normal or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi all, in the end I kept having problems so I went for a fresh reinstall.

What I noticed is that I cannot split app and data folders in 2 different hard drive. Is it something normal or am I doing something wrong?
    You should be able to put the data folder on another drive during setup and if not you can do it afterwards by going into Settings and pointing it to the correct location.

Thread Information