DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 30 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    The hags in the Monster Manual, Volos Guide to Monsters, Curse of Strahd, Mad Mage, do not have the Spell Save DC or their To Hit for spells. It just says their spellcasting ability modifier is Charisma or Intelligence depending on the Hag. The only exception seems to be the "Night Hag, Becovened" in Curse of Strahd. If I had to take a guess, this would probably apply to any adventure that has a Hag.

Baba Lysaga in Curse of Strahd doesn't have her Spell Save DC or To Hit for spells either, it just mentions she uses Intelligence.

While helping one my of players set up an eldritch knight character we found that the spell Absorb Elements, a 1st level abjuration was not listed with a source tag for that subclass.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    The hags in the Monster Manual, Volos Guide to Monsters, Curse of Strahd, Mad Mage, do not have the Spell Save DC or their To Hit for spells. It just says their spellcasting ability modifier is Charisma or Intelligence depending on the Hag. The only exception seems to be the "Night Hag, Becovened" in Curse of Strahd. If I had to take a guess, this would probably apply to any adventure that has a Hag.

Baba Lysaga in Curse of Strahd doesn't have her Spell Save DC or To Hit for spells either, it just mentions she uses Intelligence.
    FG doesn't need to have the spell save or spell attack listed now since it works out the figures itself. So no monster in the Monster Manual has their spell save or spell attack listed because I removed them. Hags only have spell casting ability when in a Coven (Apart from their innate spells) and in Volo you'll find a Hag Coven Template.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvanal View Post
    While helping one my of players set up an eldritch knight character we found that the spell Absorb Elements, a 1st level abjuration was not listed with a source tag for that subclass.
    That spell is from Elemental Evil and I don't see that one listed as specifically pertinent to Eldritch Knight. The spells in Elemental Evil are all optional so as DM you can allow them or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    FG doesn't need to have the spell save or spell attack listed now since it works out the figures itself. So no monster in the Monster Manual has their spell save or spell attack listed because I removed them. Hags only have spell casting ability when in a Coven (Apart from their innate spells) and in Volo you'll find a Hag Coven Template.
    That actually causes some problems. As an example, the Annis Hag has the spell Disguise Self. Disguise self uses your spell save DC when a target makes an Investigation check against you. I don't know the Annis Hag's Spell Save DC as it is not listed anywhere, even in the combat tracker since Disguise Self is worded as they are making a check against your Spell Save. I cannot think of any other spell that works like this off the top of my head. So either Disguise Self needs to show your Spell Save DC or Spell Save DC's need to be shown so you know it for Disguise Self. Showing Spell Save DC's would cover all your bases at least.

Regardless, having the spell attack bonus and the Spell Save DC is nice to have when building an adventure and looking at various monsters. Having to throw a monster into the combat tracker just to know its DC and to hit for spells would make adventure building tedious if the only version of the books you have are in FG. If there is a coding reason for this I understand, it just detracts from the overall experience imo.

That spell is from Elemental Evil and I don't see that one listed as specifically pertinent to Eldritch Knight. The spells in Elemental Evil are all optional so as DM you can allow them or not.
    The Eldritch Knight subclass specifically calls out the Wizard spell list as the Eldritch Knight spell list. Same with Arcane Trickster. So when you search for spells using Eldritch Knight/Arcane Trickster as a source they are not showing up.

There will always be edge cases such as the disguise self spell.

As I say the Elemental Evil supplement doesn’t list spells specifically for any subclasses, Neither in fact does the PHB so i’m Not entirely sure why such spell lists were created to begin with.

There will always be edge cases such as the disguise self spell.

As I say the Elemental Evil supplement doesn’t list spells specifically for any subclasses, Neither in fact does the PHB so i’m Not entirely sure why such spell lists were created to begin with.
    At the very least the Annis Hag is gonna need its Spell DC listed since it isn't available on its sheet or the Combat Tracker, and if they don't have the MM they won't known how to calculate Spell DC for monsters potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    At the very least the Annis Hag is gonna need its Spell DC listed since it isn't available on its sheet or the Combat Tracker, and if they don't have the MM they won't known how to calculate Spell DC for monsters potentially.
    Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll have a look through the monsters list to see if there are any others and add the spell save back in.

I was not sure either at first till I realized that the base FG engine does not provide a way to search the spell list based on the school of magic used as would be needed for most the spells selected by Eldritch Knights and Arcane Tricksters. The bulk of the spells that they can select from while leveling are restricted to two schools each while leveling with a smaller set (4 of their 13 spells at level 20) that can be from any school. I had thought when I started looking more closely at what was on the list, that they would just be the abjuration and evocation sub-set for the Eldritch Knight to make that portion of the list easier for the player to pick from. What found though was a variety of spells from many different schools. This makes the list highly suspect to use for pointing players what spells that they can pick for their class when playing.

It looks like every magical version of an armor that imposes disadvantage on Stealth (Padded, Scale, Half, Ring, Chain, Splint, and Plate) doesn't have it listed as having disadvantage when it is supposed to. I noticed this when looking at Adamantine Scale Mail Armor for example. This is probably true in every book that has magical versions of these armors since it is like that in Xanathars and Volo's.

The "thelarr" item in SCAG isn't capitalized.

Thread Information