FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 26 of 33 First ... 162425262728 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Request: BTW, LOVE the Traits tab, but wondering if you can make it Traits and Conditions or add a Conditions tab?
    We still struggle to remember all the different tags that are out there now, such as Bolstered, how Concealed is dealt with, or what Enervated means.[/QUOTE]
    It's been requested before and it's something I've had in the back of my mind. Maybe a generic "Lookup" data campaign data list, with a couple of filters - Category and Sub-Category to allow the data to be used for specific things. Traits would need a category of "Traits" and then sub-categories of "Creature", "Item", Spell", etc.. Conditions would be added with a Category of "Conditions". I would use this approach so that GMs can customize lookup data - my whole methodology with the playtest ruleset is that all data should be able to be entered by the GM through the FG interface and exportable to a module (with the exception of reference manuals).

The main reason I haven't done this for conditions yet is that I haven't thought of a good way to do it. The conditions are all listed in the left of the Effects window, maybe just having double-click on these to display details - but that requires having that window open in the first place.

I don't think it's a good interface approach to use double-click on a highlighted name in a text field (how the trait lookup works) - as conditions can be applied to a target. The standard for FG is that double-click will apply that condition to the current targets, and I don't want to remove that functionality or change that standard. Single click can't be used, as that would completely screw up editing and mess with the start of the drag/drop operation. Maybe a right-click option to do a lookup?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would certainly endorse right click for that feature. Perhaps you might also commandeer the use of the question mark available as a window UI element (which normally invokes the wiki) to look up a condition or trait.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I have no idea what Trenloe is planning, but I am relatively sure this probably isn't a high priority right now simply because both the CR field and the XP field are useless.
    Actually XP is not. The encounter XP is the amount of experience each member of the party should get for the encounter, and it is a constant IF the encounter has been properly balanced for the party size IAW the rules in the playtest bestiary.

I actually love what they have done with encounter balancing. I think it is much easier to implement than the old Challenge rating thing, which never did much more than hand waving for an algorithm to adjust encounters. My opinion of course.

Elemental Tempest under Wizard Powers shows a cost of 1 should be 2. I would recommend checking Sorcerer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Elemental Tempest under Wizard Powers shows a cost of 1 should be 2. I would recommend checking Sorcerer as well.
    The powers themselves don’t specifically have an assigned spell point cost. It’s the source feat/ability that provides the power that states the spell point cost. In theory, the same power could come from different sources and have different spell point costs.

As there is currently no power source automation, e.g. the "elemental tempest" level 8 wizard feat doesn’t add the power automatically, the power needs to be added manually and the spell point cost changed as needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When making characters the other day my players noticed that the different bard composition cantrips seems to be missing from the spell list (And can't find them after the update either) like: Inspire Competence, Allegro, Dirge of Doom and so on. These all comes from bard feats.
    Also is the advanced domain feat for clerics missing? Can't see anywhere that it was removed (In the errata 1.6 document), so just added it myself allowing my players to take it. I could find the paladin one though

As it's my first time posting (I've been reading almost everything though), I would like to say that if not for the work we would likely not even play the playtest, as most of my players don't have the patience to learn all the modifiers and so on, so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Actually XP is not. The encounter XP is the amount of experience each member of the party should get for the encounter, and it is a constant IF the encounter has been properly balanced for the party size IAW the rules in the playtest bestiary.

I actually love what they have done with encounter balancing. I think it is much easier to implement than the old Challenge rating thing, which never did much more than hand waving for an algorithm to adjust encounters. My opinion of course.
    I never bothered with the old system either, just using creatures and handing out XP based on the value of the creatures.

The problem I have with the new system is that we often don't have a standard 4 party, same level, fixed group for every game session. I run a very free flowing narrative game.. having to stop and re-calibrate an encounter I set up weeks ago or published material that doesn't come with every possible iteration of party composition is a hassle and, more importantly, breaks the immersion.

Probably the biggest issue is that I no longer have the time I did when I was a kid to ready every adventure session by going over material, designing it to my needs, etc. 80% of the players in the handful of campaign we have are working adults. Most of the time we play is because people get free at various nights and we decide to jump into game and just play. Stopping the flow of play to change encounters is something we'd prefer to avoid.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by Aktio View Post
    When making characters the other day my players noticed that the different bard composition cantrips seems to be missing from the spell list (And can't find them after the update either) like: Inspire Competence, Allegro, Dirge of Doom and so on. These all comes from bard feats.
    Also is the advanced domain feat for clerics missing? Can't see anywhere that it was removed (In the errata 1.6 document), so just added it myself allowing my players to take it. I could find the paladin one though
    Yeah, Paladins have powers, whereas Bards have cantrips.

I remember now when I was first entering spells - I was going from the spell lists. These composition cantrips aren't on any spell lists - hence they got missed off. But I added inspire courage as that was the first one.

Thanks for reporting and for the reminder that I need to do a complete stare/compare against the approx. 500 spells in FG vs. the rulebook (and updates).

Quote Originally Posted by Aktio View Post
    As it's my first time posting (I've been reading almost everything though), I would like to say that if not for the work we would likely not even play the playtest, as most of my players don't have the patience to learn all the modifiers and so on, so thanks!
    Welcome to the FG forums and thanks for posting.

Yeah, it's certainly a significant enough change from PF1 to slow it down with the new modifier structure, I hope to provide updates that further improve on the usability and playing of the Playtest and, eventually,Pathfinder 2.0. Thanks for the nice feedback and hope you're enjoying your Playtest games.

Speaking of paladins.. one of my players created a paladin. He finished the process but when he went to drag and drop from the Spells tab both Lay On Hands and True Strike, he gets the following error message:

Unable to determine class or level for new spell, please drop within a class level.

However, as the DM, I can drag and drop both of those into his powers tab without issue.

Edit: Also...
    With Paladin's Reaction as a class feature, he chose Retributive Strike. It would be nice to have these class feature actions/power included in the game. Having said that, it is those features that may very well be ticketed for inclusion within the Actions Tab.
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; November 14th, 2018 at 23:17.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Trenloe: This is still a problem I pointed out in the Effects thread you started.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...482#post413482

In essence, only the All Actions selection is working when it comes to adding effects on the powers/spells tabs when it comes to RESIST. I have pictures and more documentation above, but to summarize, when I put in the RESIST: 3 all for the Retributive Strike for Paladin, if I set it to 1 action, 1 roll, or apply once, it won't work (though it does disappear on the damage). If I set it to all rolls, the resist will kick in.

Thread Information